Aren't fake discounts illegal?

Noodlesocks
3162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Don't know about the laws in the US but I know here it's a fineable offence to advertise a discount from a price an item was never sold at.

Comments

• Catsonspeeed
    621 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What exactly are we talking about here?
  • Quilex
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is likely the fact that it is sold in in game currency the same rules do not apply as the real money cost of Boins is still the same. 
  • Trokey66
    8602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In order for an item to be put "ON SALE, it has to have been available at the higher price for, I think, 2 weeks. The likes of DFS and CSC (UK furniture stores that always have 'sales') get round this by having the higher price on the tinterwebs.

However, this does not to "Introducitory offers" such that we see for issue 1 of build the whatever in 1000 weeks.

So no, DICE are not doing anything illegal with the Elite characters that I can see.
  • Rex_Holez
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm assuming you're referring the Seamus character that was released with a price of 990 with a 1500 with a line through it suggesting it's "on sale". 

Either way hopefully they sell less than 100, to sell a skin in a video game for $10+ is just hilarious. The game itself is like $30 now. 
  • Titan_Awaken
    805 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lol. Bethesda did this with the train wreck that is Fallout 76. They had a "sale" for cosmetic items that have never been sold before, ever. Pretty fishy really. 

Wouldn't at all be surprising if EA followed suit with this game.