Netcode post patch

Comments

• MBT_Layzan
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've noticed many shots simply do not register after the patch even though you aim directly at enemy.
    Sigh... 
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Or doing 100 damage and not getting a kill.
  • GrinddalDDG
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am seriously beginning to question their abilities at DICE - This is pure ****....
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    391 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro said:
    Or doing 100 damage and not getting a kill.
    Did 114 damage earlier and didn't get the kill. It didn't look like I got that many hits so i'm wondering if someone walked through an AP mine at the same time(unlikely). 
  • spartanx169x
    677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am seriously beginning to question their abilities at DICE - This is pure ****....

You are just beginning to realize this?? That is too funny. I realized back in December that the B team has been managing this game from its inception. There is a long list of choices made for this game with no thought to the consequences of those decisions which can only lead to one conclusion- inexperienced leadership. It’s well known DICE had at least 40 or developers / programmers leave a while back.
  • ackers75
    2206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I got a 142 damage on a player in a 1 v 1 scenario at about a 10 yard range.
    He still splattered me with a one bullet wonder!

To say the netcode is atrocious is being kind.
  • Delta245
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m noticing a problem without central Ohio servers as well, my in game stats don’t sync up I’m getting a “cannot find statistics code 1???? at the end of every round, servers showing no ping bars in search. Shots around corners is crazy right now the worse I’ve seen it in awhile
  • bran1986
    5472 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 1
    I've noticed many shots simply do not register after the patch even though you aim directly at enemy.

Having the same issue as well. Last night a player ran in front of me I started hip firing landing 3 shots(yet only did 25 damage somehow) after that I tried shooting him in the back but couldn't get a hitmarker at all. I had to melee him to get the kill.
    Post edited by bran1986 on
  • TectonicGuns
    278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Damage reporting is bugged as of last update. Not the actual damage... Hotfix coming.... untill then more BFV frustration///
  • TFBisquit
    1182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    These issues are here in europe also. Gameplay is very random now, hitmarkers not showing, killing guys that drop, in turn kill me still being alive etc etc.
    Then the bullets flying anywhere but on the target I aim, finding out full auto still isn't so bad to use on assault rifles, playing medic with a constant yellow haze around my screen, and enjoying the barrage of artillery at the end of each round, which drops server performance below average.
    To top it off though, was dead and waiting for a revive, at least some 3 minutes, decided to watch the entire round end this way, after all, nobody could kill me now could they? Then to finally be revived by a medic, and happily walk away without loosing a life.
    I suppose the server didn't realize I was shot down.
    To be fair, server performance is getting worse after each patch. And I suspect the constant changes they make are part of this problem.
  • GrinddalDDG
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 1

You are just beginning to realize this?? That is too funny. I realized back in December that the B team has been managing this game from its inception. There is a long list of choices made for this game with no thought to the consequences of those decisions which can only lead to one conclusion- inexperienced leadership. It’s well known DICE had at least 40 or developers / programmers leave a while back.
    I have had my doubts since release, but as a hardcore bf fan, I have no other console alternative.

And now it is just getting ridiculous.
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 1
    spartanx169x said:

GrinddalDDG wrote: »

I have had my doubts since release, but as a hardcore bf fan, I have no other console alternative.

And now it is just getting ridiculous.

Same here, this is the only mp game I can stomach on xbox.

It's near constant netcode and server issues, and server icons every game. A shame they wasted a whole generation of BF. Such a huge misstep.
  • XxmOss72xX
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The netcode issues were also at the start of BF4... getting around corners then dying.  I've experienced most of what you're saying.  The gaming experience post this new patch is absolute crap.  DICE do you even play test your own programming or do you just throw it out there and let us do it for you?  The game hiccups if I'm in a vehicle and I get a kill.  I got two head shots and a body shot on a medic at medium distance who then absolutely shreds me.  Two head shots?  really?  I love battlefield... but mostly I love running with my team... the game had the arena for this to occur... but now that arena is quickly becoming a joke.  A JOKE... and not a very good one at that.
  • JUJAMAKILL
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2
    I have also experienced the severe stutter and rubber banding in game on PS4 (Oceanic) since the last update. Also, does anyone else find that they suffer from severe stuttering on the Final Stand matches in GOP's? Even prior to the last update, every time I have played a Final stand it was just one huge stuttering mess. I attribute this to the encroaching circle but could be wrong.
  • marcanthony421
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And i thought it was just my wifi acting weird. Rubberbanding, freezing mid gunfight, and ghost hit markers. Not sure if its the UI damage bug or what but I hit some dude at least twice with that new lmg and got 18 damage. Fix the netcode please.
  • Noodlesocks
    2473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Something is definitely up. Shotguns just doing no damage and it's not likely you can exactly miss with them.
  • maggotforl133
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Net code is for sure worse now than it was before. I’m getting a lot of shots not registering at all ranges, vehicles rubber banding, being killed behind cover when there is three buildings between me and the guy that got me.

Trying to lay down on uneven ground is a joke again, as is trying to jump over grass.
    And to top it all off two of the guns I got to rank 10 last night I can’t do the mastery assignments for, because they aren’t showing up.

At this point I don’t believe there is a single person at dice who is competent enough to work on a video game. They add a couple stupid things in that no one (at least not that I’ve seen) asked for, and then screw up 50 actually necessary parts of the game.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol this game I tell ya rofl....