Netcode post patch

Comments

  • bran1986
    5659 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've noticed many shots simply do not register after the patch even though you aim directly at enemy.
    Something is definitely up. Shotguns just doing no damage and it's not likely you can exactly miss with them.
    I have been on the receiving end of this. I went for a revive and was hearing a shotgun and seeing some of the pellets hit around me. I thought it was someone wanting health after I revived but it was an enemy and he tried to then knife me but I killed him. I should have been dead, no way he missed that many shots from that distance.
  • scienceteacher74
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed, I had a horrid night playing yesterday. Rubber banding, getting one shotted, pumping whole clips into players and not getting a result, getting shot 5 steps or more past walls and cover, getting shot while completely out of line of sight. The amount of times I yelled at dice last night set a record. This game...
  • ackers75
    2328 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is it me or dose the controller seem laggy sometimes?
  • ElliotLH
    8202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    I'm not sure if it's netcode or if I'm just playing like a potato right now but I was getting shredded last night and noticed quite a few hits not registering - I put 3 rounds from the G43 in to the back of someone last night and saw their avatar flinch but got no hit markers for example. If it matters or makes any difference my ping is usually 28 or the DE servers and if memory serves there were a fair few 100+ pingers on the server at the time (one guy in my squad was in the 250 range and I remember at least two players who were closing in on 400ms).
    I had the same experience post-patch.  Not that I'm an eSports star, but I at least usually maintain a healthy positive KDR.  But not after this patch, I struggled just to stay even and always seemed to lose gunfights where the other guy was three-quarters dead but still managed to finish me.  Whatever "fix" they applied to the network performance sure isn't working out for me.  
    Yeah it's a real pity and it's been a battle for me to maintain my average KDR too. It's good fun doing 100+ damage in a 1v1 and losing as well.
  • Billydoc1
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:
    Is it me or dose the controller seem laggy sometimes?
    something feels ...off...
  • NLBartmaN
    3193 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The worst part is: the poor netcode/servers have transferred to FS, so no way to avoid it, like before this patch and the removal of UK servers.

    Too bad Criterion Games is no longer handling FS ...
  • ackers75
    2328 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had a few games of battlefront 2 and god forbid it was fun!

    Shot behind cover .....nope
    One bullet death......nope

    Sad state of affairs when battlefront plays infinitely better than battlefield
  • NuttysKunKs
    323 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It’s awful. Layden with bugs. Bullets not firing through windows in buildings, hits not registering. Dying randomly, ‘redeploying screen pops up’ and countless more.

    It’s worse than BFV (2004). 15 years of designing.

    In fact. It’s worse than the bloody beta!!!!

    Game is ruined and lack of interest from the public is only going to hinder the progress of this.

  • ElliotLH
    8202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    ElliotLH said:
    I'm not sure if it's netcode or if I'm just playing like a potato right now but I was getting shredded last night and noticed quite a few hits not registering - I put 3 rounds from the G43 in to the back of someone last night and saw their avatar flinch but got no hit markers for example. If it matters or makes any difference my ping is usually 28 or the DE servers and if memory serves there were a fair few 100+ pingers on the server at the time (one guy in my squad was in the 250 range and I remember at least two players who were closing in on 400ms).
    I had the same experience post-patch.  Not that I'm an eSports star, but I at least usually maintain a healthy positive KDR.  But not after this patch, I struggled just to stay even and always seemed to lose gunfights where the other guy was three-quarters dead but still managed to finish me.  Whatever "fix" they applied to the network performance sure isn't working out for me.  
    Yeah it's a real pity and it's been a battle for me to maintain my average KDR too. It's good fun doing 100+ damage in a 1v1 and losing as well.
    Quoting myself to share this video: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/elliotcw/video/73930535

    I got enemy hit 144 when the last player killed me and I'm just not sure how? It's probably something simple which I'm not considering and I'm feeling dense today.
  • L3wY_9507
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    It is hot garbage. Rubber banding all over the place, getting killed 10 feet around a corner, getting killed behind solid cover, it is ridiculous.
    I agree too. I'm experiencing the same.
  • lunajpsn
    42 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m dying well behind walls since the patch...getting one shot killed by high latency players....

    My k/d during games has changed because of this too....where as I used to consistently earn a 3 k/d in DOM I notice that players with 90 - 100+ ping suddenly doing very well against me in these matches...they now earning 3 k/d while I’m averaging a 2 k/d now with my 40 ping...

    I haven’t changed the way I play either...still taking cover, limiting my angles of exposure, kept my controls the same, burst fire at longer ranges sometimes switching to single shot.....its frustrating.


    it’s totally the netcode post-patch.

  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It felt mostly solid for me. There was one situation, where I thought I sniped an enemy in the head, but it didn’t register. I shot again, and still no hit. They stood right next to a partially destroyed wall, so it could’ve been an invisible part of the wall I was hitting, but I don’t know. I’m playing on EU servers, on a PS4, my ping is around 38.

    I recommend turning on the new network performance graph, in the settings, if you want to get a better understanding of your deaths. It shows how much damage you take, from who, and at what time. One time, when it felt like I died instantly, it showed that I actually took damage from three different players. Quite interesting, I think.

    The true one frame death, from 100 to 0 health in one hit, by a weapon that can’t do 100 damage, I’ve only experienced once, in 400+ hours. It would be interesting to see such a situation, with the new performance graph.
  • ackers75
    2328 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why on earth am I get random pauses on my Xbox one x in game.

    Yep this is getting ridiculous
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If DICE nerfed ttk screwing up the netcode, and stuck with it, this would not have happened. Sorry, but there is nothing we can do.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    ElliotLH said:
    ElliotLH said:
    I'm not sure if it's netcode or if I'm just playing like a potato right now but I was getting shredded last night and noticed quite a few hits not registering - I put 3 rounds from the G43 in to the back of someone last night and saw their avatar flinch but got no hit markers for example. If it matters or makes any difference my ping is usually 28 or the DE servers and if memory serves there were a fair few 100+ pingers on the server at the time (one guy in my squad was in the 250 range and I remember at least two players who were closing in on 400ms).
    I had the same experience post-patch.  Not that I'm an eSports star, but I at least usually maintain a healthy positive KDR.  But not after this patch, I struggled just to stay even and always seemed to lose gunfights where the other guy was three-quarters dead but still managed to finish me.  Whatever "fix" they applied to the network performance sure isn't working out for me.  
    Yeah it's a real pity and it's been a battle for me to maintain my average KDR too. It's good fun doing 100+ damage in a 1v1 and losing as well.
    Quoting myself to share this video: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/elliotcw/video/73930535

    I got enemy hit 144 when the last player killed me and I'm just not sure how? It's probably something simple which I'm not considering and I'm feeling dense today.
    I think it's a display issue rather than a hit reg issue looking at your vid and thinking of my 114 hit no kill(why did I delete my video?). To me it doesn't look like you do enough for 144 damage so something else is messing with your numbers, for me it could've been objective based but you were playing TDM so that can't be the case.
  • sasqch10
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They are pretty clueless on how to fix BF5 at this point and this is probably as good as it’s going to get! That is freaking sad. It is so match to match that I am amazed when something works like assumed it may have been poorly designed. The being killed when 5-10 steps around a corner has risen so has the non- damaged guy that just absorbed 10-20 hit markers to find he has killed me and took 0 damage in the process fun experience. BF5 is pretty close to a no salvage point if they don’t overhaul the game towards fun and forget about wasting time on stupid cartoon characters. Fix the game mechanics and add new guns and maps Dice. Stick the cartoons and boins you greedy clowns!
  • grrlpurple
    799 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I played three games of squad conquest yesterday and it was amazing, like a totally different game. Every shot I fired connected properly and I realised how good the M1 carbine can be. Sadly this is the exception. Usually it feels like I'm shooting paper bullets.

    The difference was a smaller server and everyone had two digit ping. As soon as a three digit ping arrives the one hit deaths and paper bullets arrive.
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    grrlpurple wrote: »
    I played three games of squad conquest yesterday and it was amazing, like a totally different game. Every shot I fired connected properly and I realised how good the M1 carbine can be. Sadly this is the exception. Usually it feels like I'm shooting paper bullets.

    The difference was a smaller server and everyone had two digit ping. As soon as a three digit ping arrives the one hit deaths and paper bullets arrive.

    Agree. Now that they are condensing server locations, this will be even more of a problem.

    At this point, only server rentals will help.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2807 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    ElliotLH said:
    ElliotLH said:
    I'm not sure if it's netcode or if I'm just playing like a potato right now but I was getting shredded last night and noticed quite a few hits not registering - I put 3 rounds from the G43 in to the back of someone last night and saw their avatar flinch but got no hit markers for example. If it matters or makes any difference my ping is usually 28 or the DE servers and if memory serves there were a fair few 100+ pingers on the server at the time (one guy in my squad was in the 250 range and I remember at least two players who were closing in on 400ms).
    I had the same experience post-patch.  Not that I'm an eSports star, but I at least usually maintain a healthy positive KDR.  But not after this patch, I struggled just to stay even and always seemed to lose gunfights where the other guy was three-quarters dead but still managed to finish me.  Whatever "fix" they applied to the network performance sure isn't working out for me.  
    Yeah it's a real pity and it's been a battle for me to maintain my average KDR too. It's good fun doing 100+ damage in a 1v1 and losing as well.
    Quoting myself to share this video: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/elliotcw/video/73930535

    I got enemy hit 144 when the last player killed me and I'm just not sure how? It's probably something simple which I'm not considering and I'm feeling dense today.
    I think it's a display issue rather than a hit reg issue looking at your vid and thinking of my 114 hit no kill(why did I delete my video?). To me it doesn't look like you do enough for 144 damage so something else is messing with your numbers, for me it could've been objective based but you were playing TDM so that can't be the case.
    Everyone is getting this issue of going over 100 damage and not killing anyone. There is also the opposite to what you see there. I've had instances where I did 100 damage instantly in a couple of shot.
Sign In or Register to comment.