Netcode post patch

Comments

• wiazabi
    478 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2
    Seems like it shows an extra 100 damage now and then, that is a strange bug and why is it so common now :confused:

Never mind what i said there i have no idea what that odd damage is i hit a guy at 200m+ with m28 for 90 non headshot damage and got the kill, it is just all over the place now.

The revive timers on corpses is also wrong now.

Did they break the servers on update ? getting flashback to bf1 when they broke it so game became unplayable :(
    Post edited by wiazabi on
  • MBT_Layzan
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well before the patch, I was getting horrific tank shell hit registration. It was really bad, but since it, it's gone away so far, fingers crossed. However it's clear others are having a lot of problems.  
  • ElliotLH
    7233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    ElliotLH said:
    ElliotLH said:
    I'm not sure if it's netcode or if I'm just playing like a potato right now but I was getting shredded last night and noticed quite a few hits not registering - I put 3 rounds from the G43 in to the back of someone last night and saw their avatar flinch but got no hit markers for example. If it matters or makes any difference my ping is usually 28 or the DE servers and if memory serves there were a fair few 100+ pingers on the server at the time (one guy in my squad was in the 250 range and I remember at least two players who were closing in on 400ms).
    I had the same experience post-patch.  Not that I'm an eSports star, but I at least usually maintain a healthy positive KDR.  But not after this patch, I struggled just to stay even and always seemed to lose gunfights where the other guy was three-quarters dead but still managed to finish me.  Whatever "fix" they applied to the network performance sure isn't working out for me.  
    Yeah it's a real pity and it's been a battle for me to maintain my average KDR too. It's good fun doing 100+ damage in a 1v1 and losing as well.
    Quoting myself to share this video: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/elliotcw/video/73930535

I got enemy hit 144 when the last player killed me and I'm just not sure how? It's probably something simple which I'm not considering and I'm feeling dense today.
    I think it's a display issue rather than a hit reg issue looking at your vid and thinking of my 114 hit no kill(why did I delete my video?). To me it doesn't look like you do enough for 144 damage so something else is messing with your numbers, for me it could've been objective based but you were playing TDM so that can't be the case.
    Everyone is getting this issue of going over 100 damage and not killing anyone. There is also the opposite to what you see there. I've had instances where I did 100 damage instantly in a couple of shot.
    It could well be the numbers being screwy, a bug or hit-reg or something beyond my technical abilities. I'm leaning towards it being what YourLocalPlumber mentions as you're right that there's no way I did 144 damage to them. One thing for sure though is that my aim was terrible in that clip 😆
  • SmokeD_BabooN
    447 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well before the patch, I was getting horrific tank shell hit registration. It was really bad, but since it, it's gone away so far, fingers crossed. However it's clear others are having a lot of problems.  
    Vs infy seems they fixed something in the last patch. Shells seem to be more consistent.
    Plane vs plane doesnt seem right atm. They are registering critical hits in more ways than before, destroying any idea of dogfight. So if you are chasing a plane and a boogie is at your six, you wont have time to finish your target, cause you gonna get rekted fast.

• Marine_IraHayes2
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »

Just got done playing and hit registration is worse now than ever before for me. Probably 1/3 of my shells are not registering. When every shot counts versus other tanks this problem is inexcusable and I’m half tempted to stop playing until it’s fixed since 75% of the time i tank.
  • Player_rs688is9
    30 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its unplayable at the moment. Lags like Never before and one frame deaths all the time. I have a Good ping of 18-20...getting to the brink now of Maybe stop playing the game. Its a shame because i nearly play it everyday.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »

Just got done playing and hit registration is worse now than ever before for me. Probably 1/3 of my shells are not registering. When every shot counts versus other tanks this problem is inexcusable and I’m half tempted to stop playing until it’s fixed since 75% of the time i tank.
    Yea, I must have had a lucky night. It's awful now. 
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its unplayable at the moment. Lags like Never before and one frame deaths all the time. I have a Good ping of 18-20...getting to the brink now of Maybe stop playing the game. Its a shame because i nearly play it everyday.
    Same. Previously my ping was 9, now it's 20. Still low but there are noticeable differences in hitreg and stutter. I lose 1 vs 1 engagements a lot more now.

TBH, I've been fairly forgiving of the myriad of issues up until now. Somewhat naively, I was expecting some huge patch to swoop in and sort most of it out. After yet more degradation of play quality due to servers, I've realised that sadly we're unlikely to be rejoicing anytime soon as to BFV, at least in terms of the general MP game. I was just starting to get relatively proficient having learnt the maps and bang this new curveball comes in. It just seems to be two steps forward, two steps back all the time. 
  • JDOGMcFUZZL
    122 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dices quality of life for this game has just been poor. They have spent all their time and energy on firestorm which is lame and then on paywall cosmetics. Instead of making the game smoother and adding more maps and factions like people actually want. I used to really enjoy this game but as time goes on its just suffering from to much boredom.
  • MBT_Layzan
    Dices quality of life for this game has just been poor. They have spent all their time and energy on firestorm which is lame and then on paywall cosmetics. Instead of making the game smoother and adding more maps and factions like people actually want. I used to really enjoy this game but as time goes on its just suffering from to much boredom.
    Yea, they pump out crap it seems most never wanted. It was after firestorm the netcode went down the toilet. Changes no one wants. Yea, make sure to pump out crap for micro transactions but leave the game broken and **** in design with a minimal amount of servers.

It's like they want us to leave to save salvaging this junk.

A FPS with a totally busted up hit reg. I dusted a bomber three times in a row with a tank lol.... But it's ok, we get some new skins no one can get unless you pull out your wallet, and people still do, despite the fact you can hardly see anything let alone pointless skins!

Don't matter we all got a crap ton of CC with nothing to use it one, with the same boring maps with the same boring gameplay. 

The only thing this game has going for it right now, is no decent competition, it's so dry in the gaming world unless you like all that battle royal BS.   
  • ackers75
    2207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is what happens when you take servers offline then compensate by increasing already ridiculous amounts of lag compensation!

• ViolationofDerp
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 7
    It keeps getting worse, yesterday was so bad, I couldn't help but think this is the BF4 post launch experience. I dont' know whether this correlates somehow with the EA servers crashing the other day. I have a solid 17-18 ping but yesterday, pretty much EVERY death I received involved Superbullets or unregistered shots. This is so awful, especially combined with the fast TTK. 
    What in the world dice...
  • barnesalmighty2
    1181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Worst one yet shot a guy for 208 damage no kill I die without him even shooting on my screen. That's damage not additional points for objective, suppression or spotting. Hmmm.... Not much else to say really.
  • Ukena
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ever since the Firestorm update the game has gotten really bad I struggle to even get a positive K/D. Before I would always have close to a  2 K/D every match and be close to the top of the scoreboard. I always play on the lowest ping servers which are around 40. It has gotten even worse after the April 30 update, lots of 1 hit deaths, deaths behind buildings/cover, shots not registering, shots registering on the guy your shooting at only to get killed by him and he has full health, servers disconnecting, and other bugs. 

• ackers75
    2207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice the equivalent of cowboy builders at best
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm starting to wonder if EA get a discount for using lower tier/speed/bandwidth servers. Would explain why older or base modes seem to take a performance hit when a new mode or map comes out. I always assumed new things, like FS, were given optimized servers to generate the best possible experience and press.
  • parkingbrake
    3110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've noticed many shots simply do not register after the patch even though you aim directly at enemy.
    When your enemy is playing on another continent he might no longer be where you see him on your screen.  Without a hard ping cap of 100-120ms, this will only get worse. 
  • parkingbrake
    3110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am seriously beginning to question their abilities at DICE - This is pure ****....

You are just beginning to realize this?? That is too funny. I realized back in December that the B team has been managing this game from its inception. There is a long list of choices made for this game with no thought to the consequences of those decisions which can only lead to one conclusion- inexperienced leadership. It’s well known DICE had at least 40 or developers / programmers leave a while back.
    Reportedly 40 staff left DICE over the course of a year, that info came from one comment on a website in Sweden buts it's been repeated by others since which apparently makes it "well known".  We don't know what those folks did or why they left, for all we know some of them weren't even involved in game design.  That two new design studios had recently opened in Stockholm might mean that some got better offers from those companies.  It also isn't unusual for even the top developers to leave a studio, CoD and Assassin's Creed are series in which top developers have quit or been fired at some point.  I'd be more concerned about earlier departures in which DICE developers who knew how Frostbite works had moved on.  One recent article said Frostbite is not well documented and anyone using it for new games has to figure it out as they go.

I think you put your finger on an important point--leadership.  Some of the design mistakes made in BFV suggest poor project management, e.g. there was nobody to point out that making players leave the server to activate assignments and then sit in queue to rejoin their friends was a horrible idea.  The symptoms of there being nobody in charge to tie everything together have been seen to some extent in BFV, it reminds me of Bluehole and PUBG--different departments not talking to each other, nobody in charge to decide that an anti-cheat causing such huge performance drops that the game is unplayable will not be installed in that state.  That EA could decide to shut down server locations in the UK and NA without even letting the community manager know what's going on suggests a lack of internal communication, for example.

That today's DICE might not be as good as it once was is possible, but we need to be careful about blindly accepting "well known" scraps of information which might or might not be accurate.