This Week in Battlefield V

Next patch will bring the implementation of...radioactive players.

Comments

• the_lone_ran9er
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is that picture taken on Console ?  If not what settings were used?  It doesn't look like mine.
  • SmokeD_BabooN
    448 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TEKNOCODE said:
    Our characters will be radioactive. Thanks community.

Bought this game 2 months ago. Probably 30% deaths are from people glitching/blending into the ground.
    Literally stepped on them. I play on a 144 hz monitor, I have brightness set about 40%, more it is like looking at the sun.

Now why are you crying about?
  • bran1986
    5690 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:

MachoFantast1c0 wrote: »
    trip1ex said:

I was going to say I don't see a difference, but that's because I couldn't see the guy on the left under the old lighting lol.

Lol, I watched these pictures max zoomed on my phone and never realized there were two guys on the before picture. Like @Hawxxeye mentioned later, he is basically just a 2D smudge on the wall.

I showed my brother earlier and he says "not much of a difference" and he looked at the second picture again and he goes "wait there is a second guy in the first picture" :lol:

I had a similar reaction. I honestly couldn't see the second enemy in the first picture ... bloody hell, he'd be undetected by nearly everyone who runs past him.

Like I've said before, the visibility in this game is so bad, that you can literally just lie down in the open and enemies will usually run past you.

I ran into two mmg users on Aerodrome that were laying out in the open. Only reason I knew they were there was because I saw their muzzle flashes.
  • Agente_Silva
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Let’s noobify the game because people don’t know how to handle shadows.

Dice might as well increase the ttk and bring back 3d spotting while it’s at it.

Battlefield has been noobified since BF1... You still buy it anyway so... Deal with it!

• Cropulus
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Better to be radioactive than to be looking like an abstract wall painting on a dark backround.
    Look at how one of the soldiers looks more like a barely visible stain on the wall on the left picture

Seriously, before you said anything I assumed the left picture had one guy in it.... I welcome this change, but I guess when you lie around prone to kill people, you will be more upset. I am the aggressive type that says at least one time a game: where was this guy? 
  • GP-Caliber
    644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Toxic_CA wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    What... are you afraid of being seen? I approve of this update. It's a step in the right direction against cancerous campers who hide in obscure corners.
    Luckily, I don’t camp. Let’s noobify the game because people don’t know how to handle shadows.

Dice might as well increase the ttk and bring back 3d spotting while it’s at it.

noobify? the bad visibility helps passive noobs and punishes aggressive players.

No the problem is that everyone who plays this game needs glasses

glasses? look at the first picture. no way you were able to see the player on the left while running in game.
  • Hawxxeye
    5576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cropulus said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    Better to be radioactive than to be looking like an abstract wall painting on a dark backround.
    Look at how one of the soldiers looks more like a barely visible stain on the wall on the left picture

Seriously, before you said anything I assumed the left picture had one guy in it.... I welcome this change, but I guess when you lie around prone to kill people, you will be more upset. I am the aggressive type that says at least one time a game: where was this guy? 
    and for a lower quality personal example of what the wall stain guy would look in action here is a winter experience I had,  (set it on the max quality)

• GrandMG42CamPeR
    278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That would be great for my mighty MG42 :D
  • zenn_nme
    806 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 3
    Sorry, but the 'without the new character lightning' just makes more sense to me; there isn't light shining on them,
    not through the stained glass and not through the ceiling, so they're shadowy dark.

• ViolationofDerp
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That are some great news, looking very much forward to this. I just hope the glowing disappears when the people die, often enough I get killed because there are several dead bodies lying around and it is simply impossible to differentiate them from the prone camping guy in between.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I rather have radioactive players than chameleons who blend in perfectly in every environment. Can't wait for this update to roll out. 
    Right. I've been playing  a lot of bf4 lately, one reason being I can see the enemy . Played for 5 or 6 hours recently and not one time did I say to myself after being killed, "Now where the hell did that guy come from?"
    I hope this change will bring me back some.
    That's just as likely to be because they fixed the network performance in BF4, while it's still a mess in BFV.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's called consolization.   Visibility is fine on my end, this is being done for the same reason as huge glowing bullets and giant bleeping hit markers to let you know your hitting your target.  These are aids for sitting 8 feet back from a Television.

Please give the option to disable this on my end.
    Yup, EA is now a company that makes console games which are sometimes ported to PC.  They will continue to dumb-down this game to suit their target market.