Next patch will bring the implementation of...radioactive players.

Comments

• dayglowfroggy
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I will reserve any sort of judgement until I see the changes in the game but I was not one of the community who wanted this.
    I like the fact you can be sneaky and hard to see and if you can run around like a lunatic you will pay the price with a few random deaths from people you can't see.

I expect they will go way over board and they might as well bribg back 3d spotting.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    With this subject it is the same as with any other subject: it all depends on which platform you play and what kind of settings and screen you use.

On PS4, with a non 4k (just full HD) TV and on a couch enemies are like in the left picture (invisible), but I can imagine that on PC with the best hardware and a huge 4K monitor you see everything.

Also the reason lots of people don't agree on BF V game elements, which feel totally different with different gear.
    BF1 was perfectly balanced and optimized for every platform, BF V clearly is not.

I play on a 1080p LCD 22 inch Samsung TV on the base (fat) Xbox One and can see enemies just fine.
    These people that want the enemies to glow should go play something else.
  • warslag
    1594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    At least this change to "visibility" is one step in the right direction. It's still not enough to convince me to buy BFV. Battlefield is still too different to what it should be. They've listened to the wrong people down the years. They've also systematically removed so many of the things that made Battlefield a great game.
  • duellingcarl
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    With this subject it is the same as with any other subject: it all depends on which platform you play and what kind of settings and screen you use.

On PS4, with a non 4k (just full HD) TV and on a couch enemies are like in the left picture (invisible), but I can imagine that on PC with the best hardware and a huge 4K monitor you see everything.

Also the reason lots of people don't agree on BF V game elements, which feel totally different with different gear.
    BF1 was perfectly balanced and optimized for every platform, BF V clearly is not.

I play on a 55" 4k tcl with my X and this game is so dark for me. Enemies hide in black holes everywhere. I have chosen not to play this game online yet because of this and other things like netcode. I was frustrated enough with single player. I have been asking them to fix the HDR slider since launch. I cannot set it high enough for the boxes to match. My whole game looks so dark compared to every other game and movie with the same tv settings. They redesigned a game that needed no redesigns. BF1 was a masterpiece and should have just been reskinmed for V.

• SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Skitelz7 said:
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

I play on a 1080p LCD 22 inch Samsung TV on the base (fat) Xbox One and can see enemies just fine.
    These people that want the enemies to glow should go play something else.
    The enemy visibility was generally fine in all the previous games (relatively) why would you treat the BFV visibility as a staple of the BF series?
    This is a great way to split the community. All my friends left because of how bad the visibility is on XBOX. You have to buy a new monitor, new platform, etc. All this for just better player visibility. Meanwhile this game is only $30 at the moment. Ill say it again and again visibility was fine on BF1 even without the spotting. 
  • Trokey66
    8602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Strangely, just spent an hour on BF1 and visibility is not that different.

Players prone or in corners were still easy to miss.

The main difference?

Spotting!

There was also a proliferation of prone LMG's, Medics camping with optic or even sniper variants and she loads of Hellriegels.

Not to much different to BFV to be honest.
  • trip1ex
    4978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 5

I like the fact you can be sneaky and hard to see and if you can run around like a lunatic you will pay the price with a few random deaths from people you can't see.

I like it cut and dried.  I don't like this direction of where you have to play games with your monitor  or video game settings every round  because enemies are so hard to see.   It  is pretty much mandatory now because it gives that much more of an advantage.

When you start having to play games with your settings then they went too far.  

Also the notion you could run around like a lunatic in previous games and survive is complete bs.  YOu couldn't do that in any previous BF game.   Or the notion that you couldn't be sneaky in past games is also complete hogwash.  

• trip1ex
    4978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 5
    Trokey66 said:

The main difference?

Spotting!

There was also a proliferation of prone LMG's, Medics camping with optic or even sniper variants and she loads of Hellriegels.

Yep BF1 was pretty bad.  I actually had visibility down as something that should improve in the next BF game.   But instead they made it worse when they not only took out spotting but created much more cluttered (detailed/busy) environments.   
  • trip1ex
    edited May 5
    Trokey66 said:

The main difference?

Spotting!

I would have to disagree. I played a lot of hardcore in BF1 where there's no spotting and no teammate player names. It was always pretty easy to see the enemy player but also it was easy to tell instantly if it was friend or foe from the colour of their uniforms.
    Nothing to disagre with.  BF1 also had lots of poor lighting.  Go play Paschendale and lay down in the mud.  Or the other 2 maps in that map pack.  Caporonne or River Somme at the E and F flags.   

Play those night maps in BF1.  CAn't see anything.  Gotta turn up your brightness to max otherwise you're at a large disadvantage.  Even then hard to see enemies.  That is the point of night maps, but the problem being people just monkey with settings and make then all dawn maps.  

IT was the same on Argonne with often such bad contrast between super bright white sky and pitch black areas.  So many places on that map you could just hide in the dark.  

Achi Babi was so darn bright and blinding. 

Sometimes on Sinai you'd get that affect where it was super bright/hazy.  Go play Giants in the center flags in the pitch black dirt and all the little fires.  

...there's a lot of lighting/effects in BF1 that assaults the senses.   The one thing that made it tolerable was spotting.  You could at least spot a guy.  That and the environment were overall less busy than the one's in BFV. 

Oh and if you flew in BF1 with any regularity, you'd know so much of the time the game had a vaseline smeared across your screen effect that made everything blurry.  
  • Toxic_CA
    914 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    Toxic_CA wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    What... are you afraid of being seen? I approve of this update. It's a step in the right direction against cancerous campers who hide in obscure corners.
    Luckily, I don’t camp. Let’s noobify the game because people don’t know how to handle shadows.

Dice might as well increase the ttk and bring back 3d spotting while it’s at it.

noobify? the bad visibility helps passive noobs and punishes aggressive players.

No the problem is that everyone who plays this game needs glasses

glasses? look at the first picture. no way you were able to see the player on the left while running in game.

Yes I would have. I dont have issues seeing people
  • GrizzGolf
    1076 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FINALLY ALL OF YOU PRONE LMG GUYS ARE GOING DOWN

#madbecauseimnotthatgood