Weekly Debrief

Next patch will bring the implementation of...radioactive players.

Comments

• NuttysKunKs
    358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well I can see people just fine...

Must be something up with your tv/face.
  • CaptHotah
    1098 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 7
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Our characters will be radioactive. Thanks community.

Yeah lets judge the whole update after 1 screenshot.
  • bigiain
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm hopeful that this works, but it again feels like another drastic change far too late in the life of the game. The camping meta must have lost the game a boat load of players and I doubt they're coming back. The casual players will probably carry on camping or getting slaughtered because they won't feel the difference and the players who want something more like a Hardcore Mode will be ticked off.

• Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »
    FINALLY ALL OF YOU PRONE LMG GUYS ARE GOING DOWN

#madbecauseimnotthatgood

This seems to be a PC thing.
    I play on Xbox and have no problem with visibility or prone MMG campers.
    Consoles >
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 7
    Does that mean I will be able to tell the difference between a background wall and a player now ? .... :D

Till they introduce the wallflower camo.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 7
    It's weird because they put all different types of camo in the game for all different types of environments then go on about improving visibility.
    DICE has absolutely no idea wtf they are doing with their own game and it's hilariously sad.
  • BtheReaper49
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you watch Westie's video on YouTube on the subject the visibility changes aren't supposed to make the players look like they do In this picture all of the time. Supposedly the fix is going to make character visibility more fluid. This picture makes them look radioactive because of the lighting coming through the building.
    The chameleon effect in this game is pretty silly and over the top right now so I think some changes will be a good thing. As the moderator said, it will lead to more good gun fights rather than who sees who first. Especially with these terrible map designs....
  • CaptHotah
    1098 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can we just wait and see how it looks when in motion? If its too much maybe they will tone it down. As they did with the footsteps.
  • TheNoobPolice
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would have at least some more respect for the argument against this change if every single player who made it wasn't either completely garbage or at best below average ability at FPS games.

I've yet to see a 3-4KD / 2 KPM infantry player from previous games ever say the visibility is fine in this game.
  • aleheen
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Best thing that could happen rn
  • zasers
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    this looks nice.
    looking at some video showing this new visibilty would be great because you cant judge it by 1 screenshot.
    Hopefully the Moderator will get some video showing this new fix. and then we can tell if its a good or a bad thing. 
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TTZ_Dipsy said:
    I personally can't wait for this update; it's gonna be a real game changer. Love it or hate it, this was desperately needed, I just hope this turns out better than the last visibility patch
    Asking DICE to change anything is always rolling the dice (so to speak).  I hope the folks who wanted this change won't complain when the patch to do this results in frame-rate drops, worse hit registration, and our grenades occasionally exploding when they're still hanging on our belts.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    I like the fact you can be sneaky and hard to see and if you can run around like a lunatic you will pay the price with a few random deaths from people you can't see.

I agree on this in some way, but imo there's a difference between hard to see and impossible to see. Visibility is a problem in this game in areas affected by light or darkness.
    Immediately, I think this is a better solution, but it should not have been a problem to begin with. Visibility was fine i all other BF games imo, and didn't affect the gameplay in such a negative way as it does in BFV.
    I have yet to encounter a player who was impossible to see, but I've met many who were difficult to see if I didn't take my time and look.  One reason I like the 3x sight is I can use it like a spotting scope to check out areas before I move in, I kill a lot of prone campers that way.  And if sometimes I get killed by the guy with the MMG on a bipod, oh well, respawn and see if I can flank him, not the end of the world.
  • parkingbrake
    bigiain said:
    I'm hopeful that this works, but it again feels like another drastic change far too late in the life of the game. The camping meta must have lost the game a boat load of players and I doubt they're coming back. The casual players will probably carry on camping or getting slaughtered because they won't feel the difference and the players who want something more like a Hardcore Mode will be ticked off.

I seem to have different memories of Hardcore mode.  I always thought it emphasized that bad choices have consequences, not that running around like the proverbial headless chicken should come with immunity.
  • parkingbrake
    I would have at least some more respect for the argument against this change if every single player who made it wasn't either completely garbage or at best below average ability at FPS games.

I've yet to see a 3-4KD / 2 KPM infantry player from previous games ever say the visibility is fine in this game.
    If you owned stock in EA, would you want them designing games that appeal to just the best players, or to the largest possible number of players?

EA is part of the entertainment industry, so making games that are only enjoyable for guys who have a picture of Shroud taped to their bathroom mirror would be a foolish thing for them to do.  By your standards most of the people playing BFV are "garbage", but guess what, EA likes their money just as much as yours, and there are a lot more of the noobs and scrubs.  And let's not kid ourselves, without all those noobs and scrubs, you wouldn't have the kind of scores you do. 
  • BaronVonGoon
    6783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nice. It's not enough, they should make them emit their own light. Neon yellow colour.
  • sabootheshaman
    1121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    parkingbrake said:

GP-Caliber said:

parkingbrake wrote: »
    ChiefSniper said:

What... are you afraid of being seen? I approve of this update. It's a step in the right direction against cancerous campers who hide in obscure corners.

This change is a crutch for the run n' gun crowd who won't slow down and look, it is another step in the dumbing down of Battlefield.  What's next, full-time 3D spotting on every player for the whole round?  There are probably folks here who would think that's a great idea too.

you know nothing about competitive shooters. not a single fps has visibility issues like Battlefield 5.
    I'll go further than that, I don't care about competitive shooters, and neither do most of the people who buy BF games.  This is a casual-friendly game for recreational players who want to have fun with their friends.  It's a safe bet that most BF players couldn't name an "eSports" team if there was a cash prize for doing so, "competitive" just isn't important to them.  How many attempts have their been to get a comp scene going in BF titles, and how many ever got any traction?  There are various reasons for that, one being that the game which attracts most customers is not what comp players want, e.g. the average player isn't looking for 5 v. 5 with strictly limited weapons.  The average player thinks things like collapsing skyscrapers and giant sharks and armored trains etc. are really cool, they just don't care how things are done in competitive shooters. 

That is not true. There are a lot of Battlefield players who will be familiar with competitive Battlefield gaming from past BF games including BF2 and BF3, but also the Bad Company games which had a very good competitive scene on ESL. Ladder matches and clan wars were great fun for every level of player in BF2. Again, along with clan servers, this is a part of Battlefield that has disappeared taking a lot of the heart out of the game.
    I played competitively in BF2, 2142 and BC2 but I don’t think the change was necessary.