Whats with the yellowish healing aura on my screen?

someguy12121
467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Am I playing Halo or something? Were people not smart enough to look at their health bar and see it going up?

Comments

• CaptainHardware
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 3
    Yes DICE in fact thinks people are too stupid the look at the health bar going up after they intentionally pressed a healing key. The present **** aura is a replacement for an even dumber aura they had in the last patch that was so bad it was quickly disabled.

But this is the same developers who think you shouldn't be allowed to skip a revive, but should be able to choose your own vehicle in a complex team team.

BFV is simply schizophrenia in it's design logic.

• YourLocalPlumber
    2806 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Am I playing Halo or something? Were people not smart enough to look at their health bar and see it going up?
    Seeing how terrible people are at this game, I would say, yes.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 3
    The yellow glow around the screen when healing or supplied with a med kit is distracting and ugly, please remove it. 

Very few liked the yellow tinge to the whole screen before and yet DICE decide to implement something even more distracting. DICE need to concentrate on more important things rather than visual clues for healing.
  • dcs500
    1406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They brought in it a while ago, everybody hated it, they dropped it. Now, for reasons unknown, they have brought it back.
    Are these guys actually trolling us?
  • ElliotLH
    8202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But how else could you possibly know you're being healed? 
  • Tullzter
    1082 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    honestly it is barely noticeable
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Common sense? Too much hand holding going on with DICE atm - contrary to popular belief we are not imbeciles.
  • ElliotLH
    8202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Common sense? Too much hand holding going on with DICE atm - contrary to popular belief we are not imbeciles.
    I missed the /s from my post 😉
  • VincentNZ
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter said:
    honestly it is barely noticeable

I find it a bit intrusive, and it tends to bug out, giving you the halo effect even after you healed. It does obstruct the edges a bit, which could have a detrimental gameplay effect, for the rare occassion you miss movement on the edges.
    The effect it has, well I do not know if that is relevant. I mostly know when I heal, because they make me press a button. There is a sound playing and a text message when someone else heals me. The only time this is relevant is with the self-heal and that is aided by the yellow health bar.
    All in all it simply does not seem worth it, really.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The yellow glow around the screen when healing or supplied with a med kit is distracting and ugly, please remove it. 

Very few liked the yellow tinge to the whole screen before and yet DICE decide to implement something even more distracting. DICE need to concentrate on more important things rather than visual clues for healing.

I think having a visual clue for healing is helpful. There are situations where you apply a bandage and take a small amount of damage, cancelling the healing. In those instances, for example, it’s helpful to see that the healing stopped.

However, the whole screen, or big parts of it, turning yellow isn’t necessary; they added the yellow to the health bar, when you heal, I think that’s a perfectly good way to show it.
  • toeknee724
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I thought it was suppressive fire at first. This is awful and does not need to exist. I'm glad Devs have given us unnecessary vision reducing cues to being healed and not more maps. They seem to have their priorities straight.

• Hawxxeye
    5365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One time I had that aura permanently stuck
  • abc1434286920
    447 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    One time I had that aura permanently stuck
    Was it at band camp?
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I was wondering why this yellow aura seemed so familiar ... but then, I remembered ...

... this is the same yellow filter that NFS Most Wanted had!

I guess I'll always think of this when I see that yellow filter again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_KIU_Oyoro
  • ChiefSniper
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I actually quite like it.
  • TFBisquit
    1522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Play in dark maps and you will have the joy of your life. ;)
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 3

For some reason DICE has been trying to help new players since the day of release.
    Raising the TTK, etc.
    Waste of time and resources in my opinion.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 wrote: »
    They brought in it a while ago, everybody hated it, they dropped it. Now, for reasons unknown, they have brought it back.
    Are these guys actually trolling us?

I think they don't even know what they're doing.