Community Broadcast: The Evolution of RSP

14567810»

Comments

• Jezzzeh
    746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It should be an optional thing for the server admin but yes I'd say 3 maps would be good as a choice.
  • VRtroper
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Add the following options to the RSP;

- Search by Region (Matchmaking does not search for custom servers) in BF1 since this problem already occurred

- Add option to search servers as "REALISM" (people like to play bfv more realistically, without optics, limit classes, without health regeneration.

- Add moderators to manage the server

- Make Restart map

- Balance equipment without having to stop the server

- Add information messages every so often

- Add option to vote maps

- Add option to use original weapons of each faction (MG42 -> German) (Lewis -> British)

- Add Ban and kick option with messages

- Add option to use Peloton emblems

• PvtJohnTowle
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 5
    VRtroper said:

- Search by Region (Matchmaking does not search for custom servers) in BF1 since this problem already occurred

- Add option to search servers as "REALISM" (people like to play bfv more realistically, without optics, limit classes, without health regeneration.

- Make Restart map

- Add option to use original weapons of each faction (MG42 -> German) (Lewis -> British)

Just call it Hardcore, easily understood by all.
    Balance Equipment? What do you mean? Some maps have extra vehicles and planes due to the team capturing the point. Leave it as is. 
    Add information messages every so often?  Who can add these?  The admin or just automatic? If an admin is playing how is he/she going to add a message? 
    Add option to use Peloton emblems?  What is this, does not compute. Peleton is cycling, not BF games. 
    Add moderators to manage the server? What do you mean?  Are you using the right term?  Do you mean RCON?  In-Game Admin like in Procon? 

https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread.php?6588-How-do-I-add-In-Game-Admin

The rest seems reasonable. 
  • VRtroper
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VRtroper said:

- Make Restart map

Balance Equipment? What do you mean? Some maps have extra vehicles and planes due to the team capturing the point. Leave it as is. 
    Add information messages every so often?  Who can add these?  The admin or just automatic? If an admin is playing how is he/she going to add a message? 
    Add option to use Peloton emblems?  What is this, does not compute. Peleton is cycling, not BF games. 
    Add moderators to manage the server? What do you mean?  Are you using the right term?  Do you mean RCON?  In-Game Admin like in Procon? 

I hope you do not offend friend with what I'm going to say, but I see that you have managed few or no games server.

1. Hardcore or Realism I do not mean that the soldiers die from 1 shot. (Eliminate weapon optics, do not regenerate health, each faction use their historical weapons as bf1942)
    2. Messages on the server (Messages could always be added on servers to inform the player of the rules or advertising of the team's website administering the server)
    3. Peloton emblems is important for clans that have an emblem and like to use it on tank skin, weapons and uniforms. (Battlefield 1 has it and that function must follow in BFV)
    4. Add moderators is important because 1 administrator can not be 24 hours on the server. Battlefield 1 only left 1 administrator and that's wrong.
  • ElliotLH
    7727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VRtroper wrote: »
    PvtJohnTowle said:

VRtroper said:

- Make Restart map

I hope you do not offend friend with what I'm going to say, but I see that you have managed few or no games server.
    1. Hardcore or Realism I do not mean that the soldiers die from 1 shot. (Eliminate weapon optics, do not regenerate health, each faction use their historical weapons as bf1942)2. Messages on the server (Messages could always be added on servers to inform the player of the rules or advertising of the team's website administering the server)3. Peloton emblems is important for clans that have an emblem and like to use it on tank skin, weapons and uniforms. (Battlefield 1 has it and that function must follow in BFV)4. Add moderators is important because 1 administrator can not be 24 hours on the server. Battlefield 1 only left 1 administrator and that's wrong.

I think you might mean 'platoon' rather than 'peloton'.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VRtroper wrote: »
    PvtJohnTowle said:

VRtroper said:

- Make Restart map

1. Hardcore or Realism I do not mean that the soldiers die from 1 shot. (Eliminate weapon optics, do not regenerate health, each faction use their historical weapons as bf1942)2. Messages on the server (Messages could always be added on servers to inform the player of the rules or advertising of the team's website administering the server)3. Peloton emblems is important for clans that have an emblem and like to use it on tank skin, weapons and uniforms. (Battlefield 1 has it and that function must follow in BFV)4. Add moderators is important because 1 administrator can not be 24 hours on the server. Battlefield 1 only left 1 administrator and that's wrong.

Actually your assumption is incorrect I was clan leader of BF4 Banditos and used Procon. Hardcore is almost always one shot kill.

With Procon I was able to set up in-game messages including rules

I have no idea what you mean by Admin cannot be 24 hours on server. If I am paying for a game server I will be in as long as so want. You can add sub-admins with RCON authority to kick and ban and restart server.

Peloton is to do with competition bicycling I.e Tour de France. It’s a platoon emblem you should be writing.
  • Great_devourer19
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 24
    Will we be able to disable certain vehicles and put a cap of how many we want? And the same thing for infantry too, disable certain weapons and put a cap of how many of that certain class or classes you want?

And lastly will there be an option to enable fortifications to be built before the round starts.
  • spateri1
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just put them all in as 'custom'. We can then pick what server we like with whatever customisables they have. BF1 was horrible. That and make hardcore bf4 style so we can have custom servers with admins searchable under hardcore or custom.
  • markxocean
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just want some admins can kick the hackers from the servers
  • DigitalHype
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They will just come right back. Private games isn’t going to support a banlist. Without this feature, and without persistent server, it will be a dead man walking at launch.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have a feeling this is going to introduce many many bugs to the game.
  • G-Gnu
    1383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have a feeling this is going to introduce many many bugs to the game.
    That, and sadly water out what little of the player base that is left. 
    This should have been something that got released the first month of the game.
    Time will tell though.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They will just come right back. Private games isn’t going to support a banlist. Without this feature, and without persistent server, it will be a dead man walking at launch.
    ^^^ This. Associating "private games" with RSP in any way, shape or forum is just lying. People will figure it out pretty quickly. We don't want an "evolution"... we want real RSP. 
  • ChiefSniper
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 21
    And how do you know this? All we have been told is the tools that will be available for BASIC/FREE private servers. There will be a paid option which will provide even more control, innevitably ban lists aswell... they just haven't told us the specifics yet. Neither you nor I can confirm either way, but never say never, as we don't know the whole story on what will be available yet.
  • DigitalHype
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And how do you know this? All we have been told is the tools that will be available for BASIC/FREE private servers. There will be a paid option which will provide even more control, innevitably ban lists aswell... they just haven't told us the specifics yet. Neither you nor I can confirm either way, but never say never, as we don't know the whole story on what will be available yet.
    DICE told us this. They have explicitly said that upon release it will not have a banlist feature, nor will it have persistent servers. Will they add this later? Who knows.Why will they not commit to adding it later.  I'm speaking to what we are getting when it releases, which is what the poster I'm replying to is disussing. And I'm saying that by not releasing it with these essential features (ones we've had before in RSP), it will kill the interest in the product before they eventually, maybe get around to adding them. With BFV, DICE has a track record of under-delivering. Not over-delivering (combined arms anyone. soldier dragging)?
    Stop and think about it for a bit. It took them 6 months to even tell us that we will eventually get a watered down "private servers" option at a later date. Assuming that even arrives on time, it will be almost a year from release of the game. They can't figure out how to create a banlist function after a year?