Weekly BF

Community Broadcast: The Evolution of RSP

Comments

• VOLBANKER
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • ProAssassin2003
    3454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 20
    The Badmins are crying with excitement. And let's be real here there won't be enough players to fill these servers.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hope there won't be noob admin kick me off when I'm in 70 kill streak with my beloved Blenheim MKI

Oh it will happen. And it won't take 70 Kills. I hate rented servers.
  • CT1924
    114 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Notice the part about bullet damage? We can setup a hardcore mode with these requirements. No hp regen, ohk, no third person, etc. Let's lock 'n load! 1,000 ticket breakthrough with the above mentioned specs on Twisted Steel can mimick a bunker assault. Woohoo!
  • Jaskaman
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 25
    25/09, we are waiting... For the functions, I commented before something and I have a big wishlist, but basic for this server should be all the functions what we had in BF1 RSP but done in better way and with added functions(ie. changing one setting should not make server custom -ie if we use 1P start or whatever this will be it won't make server custom, also able to turn off idle kick would a good one). But 5 days until the end of September... 
  • VRtroper
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jaskaman said:
    25/09, we are waiting... For the functions, I commented before something and I have a big wishlist, but basic for this server should be all the functions what we had in BF1 RSP but done in better way and with added functions(ie. changing one setting should not make server custom -ie if we use 1P start or whatever this will be it won't make server custom, also able to turn off idle kick would a good one). But 5 days until the end of September... 
    keep waiting mate
  • Jaskaman
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VRtroper said:
    Jaskaman said:
    keep waiting mate
    Yeah, that's all we can do now :neutral:
  • Redstripe101
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    still coming soon? you must have a hard job creating posts that last half a year for content undelivered
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1970 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RSP delayed till chapter 5.

We get Al Sundan conquest tomorrow though and a bunch of bug fixes.  No news about Operation Underground.  Unless its on a timer to drop following week.

• Axlerod1
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
  • trip1ex
    4905 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't expect Private Games to be the same thing as RSP.   
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1970 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2
    I hope Temporyal means password private servers for TOW's.  Cause if all RSP servers exclude TOW's for stats then forget it.  I'll do the TOW in a official servers first then.  Go back to RSP playlists I like later on.

• Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    I hope Temporyal means password private servers for TOW's.  Cause if all RSP servers exclude TOW's for stats then forget it.  I'll do the TOW in a official servers first then.  Go back to RSP playlists I like later on.

This is incredibly idiotic, if true. DICE is absolutely obsessed with killing off community servers nowadays.

I'm beginning to think that all of those conspiracy theories saying that EA wants to remove RSP to force players to abandon titles in favour of newer ones weren't all that far-fetched ...
  • GRAW2ROBZ

So there is server limits.  So I suppose this is where the paid RSP comes into play where you have it in hand when ever.  Where some busy days all free servers could be taken.  Since some servers could be going around the clock even with out the main admin in it.  Or a bunch of servers with only 1 or 2 people in them with lousy modes or stale playlists or bad house rules.

• Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

So there is server limits.  So I suppose this is where the paid RSP comes into play where you have it in hand when ever.  Where some busy days all free servers could be taken.  Since some servers could be going around the clock even with out the main admin in it.  Or a bunch of servers with only 1 or 2 people in them with lousy modes or stale playlists or bad house rules.

It's going to be hard to have servers that are 'around the clock' in BFV. This game uses AWS, where servers are 'instances' rather than fixed entities. Essentially, each 'instance' can be spun up whenever a new server is needed. This is probably why DICE has been saying that Private Games 'servers' will shut down after some time instead of constantly running as long as someone is paying for it.

Maybe the 'Premium' tier will work differently, but DICE will have to overhaul it's server setups to resemble server setups of older titles, which it might not be willing to do, judging by how stingy EA is with spending money on BFV.
  • Axlerod1
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hey, at least it is free. Just like all the free DLC.
    This is the quality you get with free.

• Axlerod1
    So how is the Evolution of RSP going these days?
  • StarscreamUK
    7320 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    you already know the answer to that, so dont bump a topic just to bait an answer
  • larry_54235
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can't wait to play the metro map 24/7 nonstop. I can see it now NO FLARES OR SPOTTING SCOPE ALLOWED.