Weekly Debrief

Community Broadcast: The Evolution of RSP

Comments

• Carbonic
    1389 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Yes! I was hoping something like this was in the works, it gets my seal of approval:
  • warslag
    1457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    "Private Games will grant you the ability to create your own Battlefield V server, directly from within the main menu, or through a browser via a new web service that we’re creating."

I don't really understand what is meant by "web service". Does this mean that there will be a new 'Battlelog' which incorporates private server management or is it only a webpage to manage private servers?

"The servers you create will be located at the closet ping site to you and will be placed within our own server infrastructure."

Will the rented servers be instances of the game on servers in the current data centre locations? What will the server locations be? Will UK players be able to rent servers located in the UK?

Will people be able choose the server host from which they rent servers and is this ever coming back?

This news is a step in the right direction but people will inevitably compare the quality of this new rented server arrangement with what they had in BF2, BF3 and other Battlefield games.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jeff Braddock‏ @Braddock512
    Replying to @DANNYonPC @Battlefield and

Yeah. Or they can be set to unranked (password protected).

11:10 AM - 7 May 2019

So it seems password is for private unranked kinda like scrimmages or clan matches.  Seems good now.  So public and no password for ranked.  Just curious the difference between free and not free versions.  Also can we change the playlist while not leaving the server?  Thats was a pain on BF3.  I always had to be the one to leave the match to change it.  Then server fill up and i'd have to kick someone so I could rejoin it.  Then I get hate mail cause I kicked somebody. 
  • crapjon
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    'The servers that you create will remain online while there are people playing on it. If no one is active on the server, it goes away. '

Everything sounds good except this part.
  • CrashCA
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 7
    Agree, hard to rebuild a Community if the server disappears every night.
    Will take a wait and see position on this:
    "As we drive to improve communication and transparency – something our Community Development Initiative is founded on"
    as track record is not too good.
    But GOOD news.

• Narfiam
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 7
    Will the matchmaking put me in custom servers? I don't want to get in a custom server 20v20 with a lot of things disabled.
    If that's the case, at least add filters to the matchmaking.
  • JamieCurnock
    580 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Amazing news. Detailed server options too!
  • trip1ex
    4770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 7
    my guess is you pay to keep your server up 24/7 or to be part of quickmatch etc.  :)  

it is nice you can create your own free server though. 

But it all seems too late.  I mean by the time this launches and isn't buggy and it works it will be 2020 and we'll be a few months from hearing about the BF6/BC3 Alpha. 
  • INFARTELOUKO
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    this is the end of the plane and tank  :'(
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    crapjon said:
    'The servers that you create will remain online while there are people playing on it. If no one is active on the server, it goes away. '

Everything sounds good except this part.
    It mentions your playlist and server house rules still can be saved on that website or however this works though.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah..... I won't be using those servers ever. Allowing every noob in the game to have tools to abuse is a terrible idea, I can only imagine how many badmins will be born. At least a pay wall kept many of the children away.

Please add a tick box to the server browser to hide private games and don't dump players into it from quick match.
  • Rogue-Mike
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    While many cheer, I dread the return of bad admins and 24/7 one map wonders.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    Yeah..... I won't be using those servers ever. Allowing every noob in the game to have tools to abuse is a terrible idea, I can only imagine how many badmins will be born. At least a pay wall kept many of the children away.

Please add a tick box to the server browser to hide private games and don't dump players into it from quick match.
    Private will be password for clan matches and scrimmages and be unranked.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Unranked won't work and clans.... There isn't many of those kicking around anymore at least on ps4. I think that ship has sailed/sunk tbh.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    Unranked won't work and clans.... There isn't many of those kicking around anymore at least on ps4. I think that ship has sailed/sunk tbh.
    Yeah no clan support at all other then a tag.  Even though I already seen others wearing my same clan tag as well and not in my clan.  I wished we had something here on battle log to have co-leaders and what not.
  • barnesalmighty2
    Clan Tag theft used to be a real pain in the backside on PS3 lol but there was a whole load more players back then. I miss custom emblems for that reason.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    Clan Tag theft used to be a real pain in the backside on PS3 lol but there was a whole load more players back then. I miss custom emblems for that reason.
    Well my clan tag is kinda common as in BEER.
  • Logosoft
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can we get map editor as well pls
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Logosoft wrote: »
    Can we get map editor as well pls

Extremely unlikely
  • IDazzlerazzle
    434 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA said:
    Agree, hard to rebuild a Community if the server disappears every night.
    Will take a wait and see position on this:
    "As we drive to improve communication and transparency – something our Community Development Initiative is founded on"
    as track record is not too good.
    But GOOD news.

I think it's hard to rebuild community half a year after the game launch where majority of people you knew that played this game moved on... just saying