Community Broadcast: The Evolution of RSP

Comments

• ZeroNoMei
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wow, yes, im still wait this ;)
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is the matchmaking system going to help populate these servers, or does "private" mean they will be invisible to the matchmaker as in BF1?  Because if it's the latter, that's a big problem.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Narfiam said:
    Will the matchmaking put me in custom servers? I don't want to get in a custom server 20v20 with a lot of things disabled.
    If that's the case, at least add filters to the matchmaking.
    The solution for that is to have a detailed description in the loading screen so you know what you're getting into and can leave if you don't like it.  If you do like it, then they need a favorites list so you can go back again and again.

Is this better than no rented servers at all?  Probably.  Is it as good as we had in BF2, BF3, BF4?  No, it clearly isn't.
  • parkingbrake
    Logosoft wrote: »
    Can we get map editor as well pls

Extremely unlikely
    Not just unlikely, but absolutely not, no way they're going to let anyone mess with anything as basic as that.
  • superteds
    1160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    are free servers going to be P2P? i hope not but it would make technical and logistical sense.
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is superb news. I'm interested to see what will constitute the "upper" tier of the package.
  • parkingbrake
    diagoro said:
    Not quite sure what to think of the free option.

On one hand this was always a revenue stream, which right now could mean life/death of new content. I'm also assuming there will be a thousand private servers at a time, more badmins, and truly divides the player base.

I recall some great private servers from BF4, but there were usually issues keeping them as favorites (they would remove themselves after a few days), and most weren't searchable.

What they didn't say is significant, namely about the not-free version and what that will include.  I'd have no problem paying for a server that stayed up constantly, that's what we had for many years.  But if it is invisible to the matchmaker then it's going to be tough to populate, e.g. BF1.  If admin control is restricted that's also a major issue.  Sometimes you have to take out the trash, and over the years I've seen a lot more abusive players than abusive admins.
  • VRtroper
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is great news, you are on the right track. The Battlefield community will thank you very much. Where can I contribute ideas for server administration?
  • ViolationofDerp
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is great news, I definitely plan on getting me one of these bad boys. You will all be welcomed to play on my Back to Basics server.  :#
  • ackers75
    2278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just use the servers you took from the uk!

• VRtroper
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:
    diagoro said:
    Not quite sure what to think of the free option.

On one hand this was always a revenue stream, which right now could mean life/death of new content. I'm also assuming there will be a thousand private servers at a time, more badmins, and truly divides the player base.

I recall some great private servers from BF4, but there were usually issues keeping them as favorites (they would remove themselves after a few days), and most weren't searchable.

Paying for RSP could of course help financing server-costs but Dice has never really made a lot of money on RSP. They have stated that several times before.

This model will give the community more control of how the servers are run without any cost to the community, and if they make it work in a way where several different people can start the same server it could actually work pretty well. Also hopefully this model could be implemented in future BF-games (even though BF1 had the same problem with missing RSP in the beginning).
    Gonna be honest - 
    RSP has NEVER been a significant source of revenue. 

-Braddock512-
    I am a professional player of Battlefield in Spain, play with the x6tence team, having the option of dedicated server to be able to compete with other teams is what we have been waiting for 16 years since bf1942.

They could have given the option that 3 companies offer this service (Dedicated Servers) and EA dedicate their effort to the sale of DLC with maps and skins to obtain benefits.

Anyway, thanks for this tool that many people have been happy for the day.

By the way, I would like to offer ideas for the development of server administration customization. Where can I contribute ideas?
  • PvtJohnTowle
    884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 7
    Too Little too late and no details at all on the paid Private Games, vague time frame "AFTER SUMMER" just doesn't cut the mustard. Hollow promises. Just another BF1 Incursions distraction that failed to get off the ground and people had moved on to BFV it will probably never get fully implemented and just be test mode like Incursions was.  This is just to whet your appetite until the next release of BF. Smoke and mirrors. I find it strange that DICE/EA can remove UK servers completely but then promise Private Games with servers in the geo location of the players. Will UK "Private Games" servers be located in the UK or in Germany where you have forced them to play? 
    https://www.battlefield.com/en-au/games/battlefield-1/modes/incursions

I don't understand why make such a big announcement and only provide half the information? Very disingenuous of EA/DICE.

NO explanation why it has taken them this long to get to this point in time, if they had come out and laid out their plans from the beginning, we would have been playing Private Games now.  Everything points to the rushed nature of development of this game where things have been left out only to mysteriously be promised at a (much) later date. 

Clearly nothing has been developed, just words on a website. 
  • bran1986
    5600 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is fantastic news, nice work.
  • superteds
    1160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Too Little too late and no details at all on the paid Private Games, vague time frame "AFTER SUMMER" just doesn't cut the mustard. Hollow promises. Just another BF1 Incursions distraction that failed to get off the ground and people had moved on to BFV it will probably never get fully implemented and just be test mode like Incursions was.  This is just to whet your appetite until the next release of BF. Smoke and mirrors. I find it strange that DICE/EA can remove UK servers completely but then promise Private Games with servers in the geo location of the players. Will UK "Private Games" servers be located in the UK or in Germany where you have forced them to play? 

I don't understand why make such a big announcement and only provide half the information? Very disingenuous of EA/DICE.

NO explanation why it has taken them this long to get to this point in time, if they had come out and laid out their plans from the beginning, we would have been playing Private Games now. 

you literally cannot please some people
  • PvtJohnTowle
    884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 7
    superteds said:

NO explanation why it has taken them this long to get to this point in time, if they had come out and laid out their plans from the beginning, we would have been playing Private Games now. 

you literally cannot please some people

My opinion is just worth as much as your opinion (nothing) so you can agree or disagree all you like on this forum. I am not looking at the announcement through rose-tinted glasses. 

Take heart in this famous Queen song, I was thinking about when I read your response 

Post edited by PvtJohnTowle on
  • warslag
    1366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

NO explanation why it has taken them this long to get to this point in time, if they had come out and laid out their plans from the beginning, we would have been playing Private Games now.  Everything points to the rushed nature of development of this game where things have been left out only to mysteriously be promised at a (much) later date. 

That's a bit harsh. Also, incursions was a terrific little game, which was just too complicated for most Battlefield players to get the hang of. But Battlefield players tend to have an all or nothing outlook about things and hated it. It could possibly have been the start of something brilliant.
  • Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Awesome! Just a bit worried on the "offline" bit but unless it is me, it sounds like a premium model will come aswell? 
  • Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Password protection is for private matches. Regarding security, only the Admin (Owner) will be able to change the server settings. Once we add moderators, there will be levels of permissions. 
    RE: Populate server - I'm checking into if these servers will have matchmaking options - or if people can vote them up and they get featured, etc. 

-Braddock512-
    Question, this sounds like BF1 in the beginning. Are to expect that? If so, is there a chance that moderators are to be added simultanously? Because when we speak on server rules, like last time for BF1, we need more than 1 person to be able to act.

Also, not to start the hassle over again but everything we asked for during BF1 applies again of course.