Community Broadcast: The Evolution of RSP

Comments

• Hercules728
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is good news . I hope it happens . I may start playing again . 
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    warslag said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    Since everybody will be able to create a server I will create one and name it server with ping limit and kick every player with unstable or too high ping if the configuration of ping limits with message or autokick is not available :#
    It's that sort of behaviour that puts-off game producers such as EA from letting people have rented servers.
    In this case the server renter would be ensuring a higher quality game for the players in his server, so why would a game producer object to that?  Oh yeah, in EA's case it's because quality is no longer their goal.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 8
    Toxic_CA wrote: »
    PoppaPappo wrote: »

One of them is lying? This may come as a shock to you, but it’s far more likely that someone is just mistaken. In case you weren’t aware, 100% of the human population have faulty memories. That’s one of the many reasons why people write things down. Considering it is Braddock who would have access to EA’s schedule of events, which would be written down as a matter of record, I would assume it is he who is correct and Westie who is mistaken.

Snip

Honestly who the hell cares about who went to what event at which date. You're crying and derailing the thread for no reason
    Toxic_CA wrote: »

One of them is lying? This may come as a shock to you, but it’s far more likely that someone is just mistaken. In case you weren’t aware, 100% of the human population have faulty memories. That’s one of the many reasons why people write things down. Considering it is Braddock who would have access to EA’s schedule of events, which would be written down as a matter of record, I would assume it is he who is correct and Westie who is mistaken.

Snip

Honestly who the hell cares about who went to what event at which date. You're crying and derailing the thread for no reason

I am not crying certainly not about this game. I will post what I want and nothing you can do about it. Sad but true.
    It’s not even what I am discussing you missed point completely. Gone right over your head.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 8
    warslag said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    Since everybody will be able to create a server I will create one and name it server with ping limit and kick every player with unstable or too high ping if the configuration of ping limits with message or autokick is not available :#
    It's that sort of behaviour that puts-off game producers such as EA from letting people have rented servers.
    In this case the server renter would be ensuring a higher quality game for the players in his server, so why would a game producer object to that?  Oh yeah, in EA's case it's because quality is no longer their goal.
    ^^^ This.....

&

This is NOT RSP.. this is dice letting you create a TEMPORARY instance on their servers. Not even close to the same thing as RSP. DICE still maintains control of the server. I claim shenanigans. Don't fall for this crud.. give us real RSP!  
  • PvtJohnTowle
    884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 8
    You can’t ban players either- what is this stupidity? You could do this in BF1 RSP that EA /Dice provided. A kick is pointless as the miscreants come back and continue with their abusive behaviour. No point having any rules if you can’t realistically enforce them. Serial pests won’t be deterred from making life hell for your players unless you password it
  • PvtJohnTowle
    edited May 8

Are you telling me you would forget about going overseas & the process of buying tickets and accommodation only three months ago? Going to the game developers studios and sitting down and taken photos of your time there which are all time and date stamped and then producing a video for thousands of subscribers and somehow get the month wrong of when you were there? I dispute your attempt at facts that 100% of the human population have faulty memories. Clearly a number you have plucked out of thin air with no semblance of proof. Your attempt at the suspension of disbelief is incredulous to say the least. I would say Westie would have noted everything down at the time that was said about the game. He is in the business of producing videos about the game (it's his full time job) and his credibility has to be maintained beyond reproach.

I am a lot older than Westie and would have no problem remembering such a momentous occasion that was bestowed on me as a member of the elite Game Changer club, including the month it happened only three months ago

You haven't ever heard of Hyperthymesia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperthymesia

.......this is a sad attempt at grasping straws
    Pathetic response by you- is that best you can come up with?
  • full951
    2422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Good move. You just solved a huge portion of blantent cheaters. They won't be able to operate on these administrated servers
  • TyroneLoyd
    1285 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Are you telling me you would forget about going overseas & the process of buying tickets and accommodation only three months ago? Going to the game developers studios and sitting down and taken photos of your time there which are all time and date stamped and then producing a video for thousands of subscribers and somehow get the month wrong of when you were there? I dispute your attempt at facts that 100% of the human population have faulty memories. Clearly a number you have plucked out of thin air with no semblance of proof. Your attempt at the suspension of disbelief is incredulous to say the least. I would say Westie would have noted everything down at the time that was said about the game. He is in the business of producing videos about the game (it's his full time job) and his credibility has to be maintained beyond reproach.

I am a lot older than Westie and would have no problem remembering such a momentous occasion that was bestowed on me as a member of the elite Game Changer club, including the month it happened only three months ago

Sorry I'd rather not argue. It's a fine response. Take it or leave it.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    edited May 8
    full951 wrote: »
    Good move. You just solved a huge portion of blantent cheaters. They won't be able to operate on these administrated servers

Until they say you can permaban players then I won’t be too sure if the server disappears from the host how will it see the players you have banned? The server will change each time once players leave. I wouldn’t talk too soon as EA /DICE are quick to change their tune based on previous experiences.

• spateri1
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Apparently some of you have never played private servers. Password protect is an OPTION. You use this basically for scrims to avoid having to boot people and wait for both clans to turn up. Ive never seen it used otherwise unless for practice but no clan usually has that many members to warrant a password always server. You always want other people to join your server to keep it full. You alwsys want to be a good admin too otherwise people don't come back.

You can kick and ban people as you like to get rid of trolls and hackers. More important when you put friendly fire on. Bans can only be remidied by admins. You have server rules on the loading screen and generally only get banned for repeated breaches and abuse of admins. Again good servers manage this well as you want people to come back again and again. We also don't want trolls and idiots on our servers so we keep them away with bans and players come back to your server because it is managed well.
  • ReFlanaghan
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 8
    too bad that back in bf4 90% of the rented servers had all kinds of restrictions, garbage sniper and vip slots and server message spam all over the screen. if i want to play the game that way i would just join a Squad match. but i dont. i just want to press on quick match and play whatever class i want without weapons restrictions. i'm just hoping that quickmatch will never throw me on a rented server.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1285 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As long as server seeding is still not a thing (which it shouldn't be) I'm all for it.
  • VincentNZ
    2591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So these servers will be in the matchmaking pool? Will we get a Matchmaking filter then? Once you leave a server that has your favourite setting, can you get notified if they are back online?
  • Turban_Legend80
    4465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    All we want is bog standard RSP. Things kept simple.

I fear what we’ll get is DICE RSP with loads of added “clever ideas” that nobody wants and will also probably cause more issues.
  • PvtJohnTowle

Sorry I'd rather not argue. It's a fine response. Take it or leave it.

Since you have me an option I will leave it.
  • BattleChief001
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is it possible to buy a server? 
  • PvtJohnTowle
    edited May 8
    Ploodovic said:
    Braddock512 said:
    Since you keep quoting Westie here and on Reddit, let me clarify for you:

The Game Changers went to Stockholm on March 12th, not February. (I was there, in the room, when we talked about Firestorm, RSP, and the state of Battlefield V with them. Then we played some Firestorm.)  
    They were given an overview of the service - what we've announced today - and potential future state. As it's not confirmed until we lay the base ground work and roll this out, see how it works for the masses, etc. -  it's not confirmed. 
    Therefore, the repeated requests for information on "Paid Service" will, unfortunately, be unsatisfied as we don't have all those details yet (or if we are fully going that route.) That's why I said "IF". 

As I mentioned on reddit, have a great day! 

-Braddock512-
     I am going by what Westie tweeted and also posted in Youtube video and associated comments .  I even quoted the tweet and link. He stated February. So either one of you is lying. 

Pinned by Westie

Westie6 hours agoI honestly didn't think this was going to be a thing! When DICE pitched
    it to me in February I was really surprised... it's a great time for the
    community!

What a thing to argue about. In the video you linked to, Westie says twice that the event, where he found out about it, was in March. 🤷‍♂️

He tweeted Feb and also in the comments on the video also he stated February. 

Both of which I quoted. 

If he mentions March he clearly he has edited his video on YT. He said Feb in the video I viewed.  That's a bit suspicious. The point is EA/DICE have had 3 months to give us better and more detailed  information than they have. 

Even Westie himself seems to think it was February still ... 

https://twitter.com/MrProWestie/status/1125795495232921603

What were we doing in February then?