Anyone use an SSD in their pro?

barnesalmighty2
1094 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Thinking of upgrading and want to know if it improves anything in BFV as a few YouTube comparisons clearly show better speeds downloading and uploading using an SSD. Does this translate to online play too as in faster sending game data back ond forth?

Comments

• IDazzlerazzle
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
     Does this translate to online play too as in faster sending game data back ond forth?

lul no
  • KingRofty
    427 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm using a Crucial MX-500 500GB SSD in my PS4 Pro and love it. Same performance as the Samsung EVO, but way cheaper.

For the first time ever, you'll actually see how cool the PlayStation UI & menus are, you won't have that annoying stuttering when your PS4 Pro loads your Home screen - and games will definitely load quicker.

Also super quick when the OS or apps get updated.
  • pandaslayer117
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No. You will load faster... to still wait for everyone pretty much. The ssd is worth it for games with a lot/long loading times though (like the division 2).
  • someguy12121
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just slapped a 1TB HDD when I first got my PS4 (non-pro) and its fine.
  • Billydoc1
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i use a Samsung SSD 
    everytning loads faster
  • barnesalmighty2
    1094 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Billydoc1 wrote: »
    i use a Samsung SSD 
    everytning loads faster

I bought the evo860. I'm impressed so far it's a decent improvement.
  • dcs500
    1291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just put a hybrid drive in my PS, 8 gb solid state, the rest mechanical, it puts the most used data, such as the OS and most played games in the solid partition, and the rest on the standard drive.
    Boots up faster and using the ps menus  while games are running is a lot quicker.
  • Ninja_da_Noite
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I too use a firecuda 2tb hybrid. More space than the default one. Quicker loading times (after a few game runs!) and cheap comparing to an all ssd 2tb disk
  • KingRofty
    427 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thinking of upgrading and want to know if it improves anything in BFV as a few YouTube comparisons clearly show better speeds downloading and uploading using an SSD. Does this translate to online play too as in faster sending game data back ond forth?
    The rumor is that the PS5 will launch next year just before Christmas, so maybe put the money for the SSD in a savings account and call it "my new PS5". :smiley:

• Billydoc1
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    seems like PS5 is coming in 2020
  • Kongo030
    564 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In FS I'm always first in the hangar and you're never late to pick planes or tanks. Beyond that it just speeds up loading time. If you buy a SSD check the tutorials on the web about the spec. The playstation bus is not very fast so you don't need the lowest latency SSDs and get them much cheaper.
  • TamKingski
    1711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I had a hybrid drive in mine and it was night and day in regards to loading/texture streaming etc.
    While im sure a full sshd is a little faster,if its just for gaming on console i would def recommended the much cheaper hybrid drives for a gd bang for your buck.
  • KingRofty
    I'm really curious to know what type of SSD will go into the PS5, as Mark Cerny said in the Wired interview that it outperforms anything that is currently available for PCs.
  • Darkness14267
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have an internal hybrid but have been running the game on a standard external. I think I might transfer to the hybrid to see of its better.