aim assist question here

Tenryuu118
40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
now humor me, becasue i use it because of the high sensitivity i put it on my controller

where the heck did the aim assist slowdown go? it was in bf4 and 1
and now it gone poof dissipated in thin air it even without high sensitivity i find my self having alot of trouble adsing

Comments

• MrCamp121
    525 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Slowdown is there. Auto rotation is not
  • TectonicGuns
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I too use a fairly high sensitivities.

From my previous post:

With no aim slow down, sensitivities with low to moderately skilled players (me) will need to be low enough to not pass over the target and cause re-aiming/missing. With BFV's fast TTK the first few bullets are CRITICAL. However, at these low sensitivities you struggle to place cross hairs and catch up to a running player. Thus to have high enough sensitivity to acquire fast or running  targets and not pass over the target, Aim Slow Down must be activated. 

I use 15 to 20 ASD with sensitivites, both general and ADS (Gen= 35 and ADS=100, then scope=s 1x is 120, 1.5-3.5 is 110, 3.5+ is 100, 10x is 95) set to scan/sweep field of view, left to right or visa versa, in about a full second. This combo allows both the target acquisition and to maintain that target long enough to land several rounds. Still experimenting... but it's obvious the connection between these settings and the lessing of frustration when getting a poorer than necessary KD.

nb: It is actually called aim assist but the settings explanatory note uses the word "slowdown".  Sry can't recall where the setting is at the moment.
  • Schunkeffect
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The slowdown mechanic for controller was so important (for me), and from what I can tell, one of DICE's recent updates removed this altogether...

Even with aim assist jacked up to 100% (which was the default setting btw), my ADS is still flying left and right past the enemy. Prior to these updates, the slowdown mechanic actually worked. Any chance a BFV Moderator or DICE member can chime in on this? Us controller folks need the slowdown mechanic back!!! Been like this since BF4, Hardline, BF1, and initially with BFV. Why the sudden change?

(FWIW DICE, in BFVI, allow slowdown to be enabled/disabled separately for infantry & vehicles...)
  • Tenryuu118
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree 100% the easyest way to die without it
  • Schunkeffect
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can anyone else chime in on this? Auto Aim Slowdown is either completely removed from this game, or they changed it drastically...

When aiming down sight, there is no longer a slowdown with the reticle. I would think other console peasants would have complained about this. Been a longtime BF player, and this change has kind of ruined the gunplay mechanics for me.

Anyone else out there experiencing this? PS4 here.