This Week in Battlefield V

Battlefield V Will It Improve

Comments

• DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DJTN1 said:
    Resources? Have you looked at the credits in this game? There are thousands and thousands of engineers and artists. Heck, there is an entire section with multiple studios just working on the Frostbite engine alone. And look at the state of this game!

Say what you want but I don't believe the problem is resources. Looks more like poor management and game changing decisions being made up until release day. This game has been in production for over six months and still plays like beta code. That's my experience anyway...

✌️

Yeah, and there aren't "thousands and thousands" of SOFTWARE ENGINEERS. You're drunk, go home.

I said "artist and engineers" and I don't appreciate being called a drunk bud.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DJTN1 said:
    DJTN1 said:
    Resources? Have you looked at the credits in this game? There are thousands and thousands of engineers and artists. Heck, there is an entire section with multiple studios just working on the Frostbite engine alone. And look at the state of this game!

Say what you want but I don't believe the problem is resources. Looks more like poor management and game changing decisions being made up until release day. This game has been in production for over six months and still plays like beta code. That's my experience anyway...

✌️

Yeah, and there aren't "thousands and thousands" of SOFTWARE ENGINEERS. You're drunk, go home.

I know what you said, and it was the equivalent of a restaurant having 25 valets , 50 waiters, and 5 cooks, and then wondering why your food is taking so long.
  • xKusagamix
    945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sasqch10 wrote: »
    No. It will not. The core of the game is based on terrible, broken mechanics and game play that is not fun. What mode really shines in BF5!? None really. All have far more issues than enjoyment. One can get past them and have some moments of fun but they are usually overshadowed by the disasters of which BF5 is. that Most matches end in frustration from something stupid that should never have been made a in game design. The financial flop that it was has sealed the Pooh deal. What do you end up with no matter how much one shines a Pooh!? That is BF5 legacy
    I like the core gameplay element of BFV, that's why i keep playing it and i can see that i'll have more time playing BFV even more than BF1. That being said, it doesn''t mean i think BFV is flawless or being the best, ofcourse i too have so many frustrating rounds, some crappy bugs/glitches.

At least for the first time in such a long time ever since Frostbite engine was developed, this time DICE actually have the balls to drastically change the way people played a Battlefield game. Ofcourse they failed in so many things, but what matter the most is what will they learn from their mistakes and improve it for the next game.
    Things like Fortification although it's not at it best state and need to be improved, but it open up some new ways for people to attack and defend the Objective. Most of people really don't even know or care but there're plenty of places that you can build a safer way to attack or defend objective, like the A flag to D flag in Arras, trenches with sandbag infront both door in C flag in Aerodom....

If they don't then we'll end up just like COD with almost the exact same gameplay over and over again, and even COD changed some gameplay mechanic like no auto heal regen to make the game feel fresh.

There're so many things new to learn in BFV and seem like people don't want to do it because it, to them, is not how they wanted Battlefield to be.
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DJTN1 said:

CHAMMOND1992 wrote: »
    DJTN1 said:

✌️

I know what you said, and it was the equivalent of a restaurant having 25 valets , 50 waiters, and 5 cooks, and then wondering why your food is taking so long.

What?

Whatever 🙄
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 7
    Edit: double post
    Post edited by JUJAMAKILL on
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro said:
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    3 new maps within the next two months for regular game modes.  As well as 5vs5 game mode with new maps.  Besides possibly rent a server program pending.  Its getting there slow but surely.

And these new game modes just recycle existing maps, making minor tweaks. Pretty much maximizing resources for the least anount of work.
    I'll take this a step further by saying that they don't even make a real effort in implementing these new modes by utilizing all the base maps. I am really digging the Squad Conquest game mode, but with only 3 maps it becomes quite boring really quickly. How much more enthusiasm for these game modes would there be if they used all available maps? It's just sheer laziness IMO. The same goes for rush. Surely it can't be that much more difficult or time consuming to take the existing maps and add an additional MCOM per sector? Just copy and paste one in FFS. 

It just shows that DICE are uninterested in their own game development, and that these Limited Time game modes are the very 'least' they are willing to do in attempt to offer 'content'.
  • KPNuts74
    501 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    austoin101 wrote: »
    I made a statement yesterday but I always get bothered cause I love the game so much and I dont want it to die or see dice give up the on it do u gamers thing they can bring it back or do u think it’s just gonna die and have no chance

Yes, it will definitely get better.
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    uninstalled, I hope every name in the credit roll enjoys the success BF5 seems to be for some lmao, despite the numbers and census saying its trash juice
  • DevilsBathtub
    834 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They need to bring premium back.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DJTN1 said:

✌️
    I don't necessarily think he is correct either but you think switching engines is going to be quick and easy for a dev? Sweet, cos I'll just pull some .net devs to work on this php project... You are making generalisations about things you appear to know little about. 

My guess is the problems are more complex than any of us really know and likely a combination of multiple things including resources, management, workflows, UX vs  the overall architecture of core systems and just fundamental flaws in Frostbite now coming to the surface.
    I don't know why it's taking SO long for additional content and features to be on par with other battlefield games, but it's clear that BFV is not priority for EA. 

I'm not making generalizations. You just can't read. Where did I say quick and easy? I have experience in C++, .NET, iOS, and Android, but I'm employed for my knowledge of Java, crazy right? You saying a .NET dev being put on a PHP project is the same as a square object being jammed in a circular space is absurd, and shows you're the one who actually doesn't have a clue.

Graduate from coding bootcamp, then come talk.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    edited May 7
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    CHAMMOND1992 said:

G-Gnu said:

CHAMMOND1992 said:
    EA is releasing another Star Wars game before the Rise of Skywalker releases in theaters. There's your answer on why there's barely any content in BFV. They have to allocate resources to ensure that game doesn't get delayed given that the movie has a set date.

But that is not a DICE game , it is Respawn. 
    https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/jedi-fallen-order?isLocalized=true

It doesn't matter. EA allocates developers between studios depending on the importance of the game.
    You think they have drawn resources from DICE to Respawn , maybe.

I could see it, EA predicted Anthem and BF5 to succeed, and actually couldnt predict Apex when Respawn came to them with it. So they let them just run with it without EA influence to see how it does. With its success, I could see the need for help but I wouldnt want DICE covering down on it. If so then watch its position drop, I'd bet money on it tbh.

No way DICE devs are on Respawn projects unless they are non engine devs. Fallen order is on Unreal engine. APEX is source. It’s a ridiculous hyperbolic statement by the original commenter.
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I see Multiple comments about resources. I have come to the conclusion that it has not been the amount of resources that has been the issue but how they have been used. Specifically wasted working on things that nobody asked for. Going back to initial development- 1. the attrition system nobody asked for it.
    2. Being prone on your back, nobody asked for it.
    3. The body movements when bleeding out that nobody asked for.

2 & 3 specifically are contributors to difficult visibility, having to distinguish between them creates problems.

4. The ridiculous amount of clutter around the objectives. How much time/money was wasted on this one thing?? This also contributes to difficult visibility.

5. The now yellow tint when healing? Again I ask- WHO ASKED FOR THIS????????

These are just off the top of my head. I’m sure others can add tons more. They have and continue to waste budget(time and money) on stuff instead of fixing stuff. It greatly appears that whoever has been running things is in over their head. A patch to fix at least one small thing should be pushed out weekly. Even the smallest thing would show progress. EPIC does this and people love them for it.

I agree with most, i never got passed the core issues such as counter-productive UI, loading or failing to join issues, and just weird dumb stuff that got in the way of just enjoying a close match. The insult to injury is the unwanted(s). Combined Arms was all the hype prior to its release, bots in BF reminded me of BF2 AIX mod, but its utter trash except now used as a secondary (primary for some) to level weapons and upgrades. Again, **** on the earned progression other titles had. Just so much missed yet the game "looks" as if it should be good but just isnt. BF 5 was the first title I didnt finish the campaign, and I finished Hardline. Reminded me of BF 1.5 honestly, not immersive or even made me feel like I was in WW2 but some one-off version of it. Then the money maker, Firestorm and all of its glory lol. Meanwhile pubg, fortnite, and apex continue to clobber it. Apex is actually peaking and expected to drop but still not to firestorm levels.

DICE is the epitome of disinterested service in terms of BF5 support, for that my money goes elsewhere.

• B0ng0_Banger
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Considering its declined since launch, i wouldn't hold your breath.
  • jerramelee
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Improve? It is obvious the game suffers from mass cheating before anything else! I don't think there will be a fix for bf5. I have lost faith and trust. I will no longer buy another of the series without proven anti cheat measures.  That means when "bf6" or what ever the next in the series will be called is released - i will not buy it unless I see working anti cheat. BF5 is so corrupted with cheating and hacking that its not fun for me. I had to put it down : ( I will not suffer that again and if others follow suit ... there will be better anti cheat / hack implemented. As far as I am concerned, this is the absolute main issue to be dealt with. 
  • Key2Destiny
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Short answer: No
    Slightly longer answer: Hell no
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No chance the last 2 patches have ruined the performance, DICE have stated that they do not understand what is causing it - the game is heading to an early grave. 
  • Key2Destiny
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No chance the last 2 patches have ruined the performance, DICE have stated that they do not understand what is causing it - the game is heading to an early grave. 
    I already thought that it was one foot in the grave already but you could've fooled me :D
  • Matty101yttam
    961 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imo the only way they can keep and gather more players with this live service model is to release a map editor, since they don't seem to be able to handle the content required to keep players satisfied.
    I don't like to do their work for them or make them money from our work but i think it's the only way this whole system would work.
  • g0merpile
    572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It will improve.

New maps are coming, new modes are coming but the question is will it be enough?

If the modes are like we have now, well, Humm, forget moding the game.