I feel totally gutted about the BF1 WW1 news.

XXXX__RICH__XXXX
18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Its like i can take all the hard learned lessons of BF3 and BF4 and throw them right out the window.

What where you thinking of DICE, a BF game with a early 90`s setting and forward would have been just fine, no problems at all, but this is just plain boring.

Cant see myself identifying myself with the characters of a WW1 game, it gets OLD really fast. No red dot sights, no choppers, no rpg`s, no modern guns, no modern player outfits witch just takes away all the fun for me.

2500+ hours of BF3-BF4 gameplay thrown in the trash. :(

Comments

• PolarChihuahua
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IMO it's a refreshing break from all the gadgets, jet packs, helicopter rapage, lockon beeps, lights and flashy things. It's a risky move from EA/DICE, specifically because players like you, who have come to only being used to the "modern" way of combat. But personally, I welcome a throwback to simpler times. Where the biggest scope you could find was a 4x and range finders were non existent. Better start practicing gauging distances and bullet drops ;)
  • Fresh_Princeiemo
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think it is to early to tell whether its a complete waste firstly I'd still check out the beta. although you may not be familiar with the Weapons used in this setting. I'm sure that they will be unique and rewarding none the less. Secondly if you really don't like BF1 BF3 & BF4 aren't going away so you can still enjoy them!
  • swfc4eva1
    545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ur experience in them games will definitely count for something, it is a fps after all!
    I wouldn't write it off yet although I'm sure there will be alot of people who feel the same as you!
  • Reconpilot001
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I wouldnt write off that experience in a temper tantrum, BF 1 is a really nice turn of events, brings back way mmore interest because like it or not, its an inovation in this industry to go back to ww1. so what if all your mordern toys are not there? there will be plenty of different old school equipment in their stead.
  • Jal-89
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It started with BF 1942, so going back in time again is what many fans has hoped for, and there has been both games and dlc's that is going back in time, but yeah ww1 will be interesting. Thats 100 years back in time. I think it will be great thou.
  • XXXX__RICH__XXXX
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks guys for trying to cheer me up, but i still feel like ****. :) and yeah you guys have some valid points, but right now......it looks great....but can't really see how i am to identify with a ww1 soldier?
  • ToniSwoleDawg
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    > @XXXX__RICH__XXXX said:

> 2500+ hours of BF3-BF4 gameplay thrown in the trash. :(

They were thrown in the trash only if you didn't have fun in the process
  • XXXX__RICH__XXXX
    edited May 2016
    > @ToniBannedDawg said:
    > > @XXXX__RICH__XXXX said:
    >
    >
    > > 2500+ hours of BF3-BF4 gameplay thrown in the trash. :(
    >
    > They were thrown in the trash only if you didn't have fun in the process
    >
    >
    >
    Had loads of fun in BC1, BC2, BF2, BF3 and BF4, so guess all is not lost, but still "horses"....its like WHAT.?
  • Reconpilot001
    >
    > Had loads of fun in BC1, BC2, BF2, BF3 and BF4, so guess all is not lost, but still "horses"....its like WHAT.?

its like a whole new enjoyable experience.
  • XXXX__RICH__XXXX
    > @Reconpilot001 said:
    > >
    > > Had loads of fun in BC1, BC2, BF2, BF3 and BF4, so guess all is not lost, but still "horses"....its like WHAT.?
    >
    > its like a whole new enjoyable experience.

yeah might be, but for real....WW1, total turn off atm. :(
  • Reconpilot001
    >
    > yeah might be, but for real....WW1, total turn off atm. :(

Maybe a couple of movies could help? the battle of passchendaele? Joyeux noel? Beneath hill 60 is a personal fav.
  • AngryDave-UK
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Battlefield isn't all about BF3 and BF4 though. It just means you (and everyone else)will have new stuff to learn. It would kinda suck to jump in a brand new game and already know it all.
  • XXXX__RICH__XXXX
    > @Reconpilot001 said:
    > >
    > > yeah might be, but for real....WW1, total turn off atm. :(
    >
    > Maybe a couple of movies could help? the battle of passchendaele? Joyeux noel? Beneath hill 60 is a personal fav.
    >

See thats what im talking about, the Battle of Passchendaele.....what was that.?......not a clue, nothing that i can relate to, without taking a history lesson. ;)
  • Reconpilot001

> See thats what im talking about, the Battle of Passchendaele.....what was that.?......not a clue, nothing that i can relate to, without taking a history lesson. ;)

Canadians being beasts. i included the movie because it was in the back of my head, but its not the best out of those 3.

and i like it that you didnt know, because this game is going to cause interest in areas not many people dig through except for those who had family involved. This is an art medium, it asks you to think and strokes your interest to dig deeper. not hill 60 deep tho.
  • XXXX__RICH__XXXX
    > @Reconpilot001 said:
    >
    > > See thats what im talking about, the Battle of Passchendaele.....what was that.?......not a clue, nothing that i can relate to, without taking a history lesson. ;)
    >
    > Canadians being beasts. i included the movie because it was in the back of my head, but its not the best out of those 3.
    >
    > and i like it that you didnt know, because this game is going to cause interest in areas not many people dig through except for those who had family involved. This is an art medium, it asks you to think and strokes your interest to dig deeper. not hill 60 deep tho.
    >

Buddy wasn't trying to dizzy your movie suggestions, properly really great movies, but how can i relate to something (ww1 stuff) i dont know diddely squad about and that does not give me much incentive to buy a new and shiny BF game.
  • Reconpilot001
    edited May 2016

> Buddy wasn't trying to dizzy your movie suggestions, properly really great movies, but how can i relate to something (ww1 stuff) i dont know diddely squad about and that does not give me much incentive to buy a new and shiny BF game.

ok, in that case, what would be incentive to you?
  • XXXX__RICH__XXXX
    Hmmm dont know m8, just disappointed atm with ww1 bf game.
  • ZombieP1ow
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Go sit in a mud puddle for a month, add sand to all your meals, get a raging case of lice, surround yourself with decaying meat, and set dynamite off continuously around you. Welcome to identifying with a WWI soldier.
  • RODR1GU3Z_619
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2016
    I have to say that I agree . Its most likely will get boring fast .
  • ZombieP1ow
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    > @RODR1GU3Z_619 said:
    > I have to say that I agree . Its most likely will get boring fast .

here's a list of infantry weapons from WWI, pretty damn extensive.... well I tried to post a link, but 12 years on BF forums and it says I have to be around "a little longer" to post a link. Look up WWI infantry weapons.