Got a beef with EA and developers

g0merpile
495 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited May 8
My beef is this, dont ever enable stuff after an update that is saving data to your server again without proper notice. I have logged this data and where it was save to.

Comments

• m1k3ol
    810 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    I think that's a bit... too vague?

Dunno exactly what you mean about this...
  • StarscreamUK
    7174 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    You read the EULA you agreed to?

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/legal#5

"When you play this game, EA and its affiliates may (1) install and/or run software on your computer; and (2) collect, use and store data from your computer or device. Information that EA and its affiliates collect includes technical and related information regarding your computer (or device) and operating system (including Internet Protocol Address and device ID(s)), as well as information about your Software usage (including but not limited to successful installation and/or removal), gameplay and usage statistics, system interactions and peripheral hardware. If you play offline, the data described above will be stored on your device. If and when you connect to the Internet, this data will be transmitted to EA and its affiliates. EA and its affiliates may use this information to improve their products and services, provide services to and communicate with you (including for marketing purposes), facilitate the provision of software updates, provide dynamically served content, and software support, implement anti-cheat measures, enforce EA’s policies, and to trouble-shoot bugs or otherwise enhance your experience.

IF YOU DO NOT CONSENT TO THIS COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION, DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE
    ."
  • Titan_Awaken
    556 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you have a legitimate problem with their practices, contact their Customer Support. Absolutely nothing can be done here on the public forums so you're kinda just wasting your own time.
  • warslag
    1357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @StarscreamUK Parties may agree to any terms they wish in a contract. However, you cannot agree to a contractual term which gives you fewer rights than your statutory rights. A contract that gives you fewer rights than your statutory rights cannot be enforced.

Privacy is a concern for everybody and nobody wants their data whizzing all over the world. They just want to play their games without having to worry about privacy at all.

Copy and pasting the EULA will not make those concerns disappear. To be honest, it makes EA look guilty by saying "well, you signed up to it, pal!"

I don't think whistleblowers should be blocked or shutdown. If someone has a privacy concern then let's hear it! Why not?
  • StarscreamUK
    7174 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Where has he been blocked or shutdown?

He has said he wasn't given notice, but he has, as has everyone.
  • warslag
    1357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 9
    Where has he been blocked or shutdown?

He has said he wasn't given notice, but he has, as has everyone.
    Copy pasting a wall of EULA is not an attempt at discussion. A EULA contract doesn't have supremacy over statutory rights. So if someone has concerns about privacy I think they should be heard rather than saying "you've signed away your right to privacy by signing the EULA". Because I don't believe that statement to be true.

Let's find out what he has to say and discuss that. If it affects privacy settings on millions of accounts then let's find out more about it.

It could be that an error was made or a bad decision and something could be learnt from that.
  • m1k3ol
    810 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited May 15
    Pasting about the EULA is informing the user, not necessarily a discussion...

Plus, the fact I hardly believe the user specifically knows "where it was saved to"

So again, I think this thread is way too vague...
    Post edited by m1k3ol on