Firestorm Rotations Update - So long and thanks for all the Duo!

Comments

• gabwolf94
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

but why did you take it off ???? that is, but if people like it you have to put it, almost all the royals have these modes: single, double and team. put it back for god. wake up DICE !!!!!!
  • RakiBwoah
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So here we go again, another BS, what the hell is wrong with u?
    Are you masochists?
    God dammit ffs what the ****.
  • Viagi
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    God damn, here we go again.. When things looked to be on track for a while with bf, this happens...!? One step forward, two steps back.
  • Mistareggie
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm very disappointed that you're removing duos from the rotation. My brother just bought BFV so we could play duos together and now we can't play it anymore. We loved it, can't you just leave it? I'd rather wait a few minutes to play a match of duos than not have the option at all.

We've tried playing in squads but it isn't as fun when you don't know everyone because the other two members usually run off and do their own thing, leaving us 2 to fight against full squads of 4.

I'm so unhappy, I won't play BFV again unless duos is put back in firestorm rotation. I've never been so disappointed with a game that I'd consider uninstalling it from my ps4, but today you have changed that with BFV removing duos.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This basically tells you how small the player base is honestly
  • NatteDampScheet
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Duo mode is literally the only thing I still play in Battlefield V. I play it several times a week and there are always 64 players.
    Well played Dice.. Brain 0/10
  • Epileh
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So i dont really visit the discussion forums but I came to say that the duo is the most appealing game mode for me. It is not the shoot and kill in 4 shots you find on the non-firestorm maps. One rarely feels that the tactial decision one does in the classical gamemodes actually alter the course of the match, but in duo firestorm these decisions are more important and leaves one with the feeling "hey we made the right decision and played right". Moreover I prefer duo firestorm rather than the full 4v4 firestorm since it is easier to coordinate with only two players and perform and complete ambushes and other tactics like moving around unnoticed. I dont play bf alone so Solo is not an option. I play on PS4 with user CookieQuality so dont check this Epileh profile.
  • EpicNoodleNL
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is insane. DICE do you want to lose players? Duo's is the only firestorm game mode that has a reasonable matchmaking time. in Quads you just get matched with other people that have thier own playstyle an go on thier own. 

Im done with Dice and the rediculous decisions that they make 
  • Zwartkopf
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ??? Seriously these people who made this decison should get fired instantly? 
    Removing duo's????? why don't just leave it? why remove something that a shitload of people like to play. 
    All i get is random **** in squad games come on ... i think you will lose alot of members this way!
  • Ivarys
    Why are you guys removing this?? I hate random bad players in my squad team. Please bring back duos!!
  • Butcher517
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is bull crap. Y’all are some liars. “We’ll bring it back permanently.” Then you take it away with no warning or heads up after we have enough time to get attached. My wife and I play duos together and have never enjoyed squads. We finally got a win together last week before I went back to work and now I’m back on days off and I can’t play. This is unbelievable. If duos doesn’t come back y’all are gonna lose faith from a fan that’s been playing since bf 1942. Unf*ck yourselves. What rotten garbage is this?!
  • Butcher517
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Y’all have a terrible way of showing your fans love.
  • SmaleC
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It’s really hard to understand decisions this company makes. It feels like you want to make community unhappy on purpose.  You force your decisions, telling people that that it is for their own good. This is ****. Duos should be permanent because it best option for those who don’t have full squad. Playing with two randoms is pointless. Today I felt like I don’t want to play this game anymore because of duos removal. I tried a squad game and guess what? I die at the end of a round because there is 4vs2 situation or even 4vs2vs4, because I DON’T HAVE FULL SQUAD I CAN’T COMPETE! Another idiotic decision that are directed at fans of the series. Duos work fine, never had matchmaking problems, people like it, then why the f* remove it? I don’t care if you wanted to make it time limited, when you brought it back because gamers demanded it, and now you suddenly remove it again. There has to be hidden reason why because ale you say here is **** and I feel offended. Stupid decisions once again and you’re killing the game…

• simoxx75
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stupid decision... I play with one friend... And don't find the match.... Don't find one player after 3 minutes... Rematch and don't find the players for the team again.... And I rematch and after 3 minutes don't find.... STUPID DECISION
  • Braddock512
    1275 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    edited May 9
    Butcher517 said:
    This is bull crap. Y’all are some liars. “We’ll bring it back permanently.

We said it would come back "indefinitely", as in there was no set time limit, but we would continue to analyze data - such as trends, peak/persistent simultaneous players, etc. 
    We don't ever take these kinds of decisions lightly, contrary to popular belief, but the overall experience suffered when we had too many modes for folks to choose from in Firestorm.

Does this mean Duo is done forever? No. Special events, special weekends, etc. can still drive it coming back. 
    What it does mean is that because folks play Solo & Squads more, the third option always available reduced matchmaking pools and increased matchmaking times. We don't want anyone to have to wait 5-8 minutes to matchmaking into Firestorm. 

As we move through the next few weeks/months, we'll continue to analyze more data and continue to refine how we handle modes and player engagement opportunities. 

-Braddock512-
  • Ivarys
    Butcher517 said:

We said it would come back "indefinitely", as in there was no set time limit, but we would continue to analyze data - such as trends, peak/persistent simultaneous players, etc. 
    We don't ever take these kinds of decisions lightly, contrary to popular belief, but the overall experience suffered when we had too many modes for folks to choose from in Firestorm.

Does this mean Duo is done forever? No. Special events, special weekends, etc. can still drive it coming back. 
    What it does mean is that because folks play Solo & Squads more, the third option always available reduced matchmaking pools and increased matchmaking times. We don't want anyone to have to wait 5-8 minutes to matchmaking into Firestorm. 

As we move through the next few weeks/months, we'll continue to analyze more data and continue to refine how we handle modes and player engagement opportunities. 

-Braddock512-

Why u guys remove  Duo queue without showing any statstical analyses? At this moment I dont see any reason why it should be removed... A bit vague if you understand us.. 
  • Zwartkopf
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Butcher517 said:

-Braddock512-
    Well this isn't rocket science in my opinion ... you see all these people took the time to make an comment about how wrong it is to delete this feature right?
    why don't just leave it there like any other battle royal game??? most of these people don't have 4 friends online at all time.
    Why take their joy by putting them in groups with random noobs with no way of communication?
    you can have all the education in the world with you analizing data but this is pretty obvious -_-
  • crapjon
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Butcher517 said:

-Braddock512-

Adding and subtracting game elements might work for free to play games, but if we have to pay 60 bucks then there better not be disappearing content. Your model is broken, methinks.
  • Exists90
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How can you screw up a game since the beginning like this? I swear can't understand your actions,,,, ffs