Firestorm Rotations Update - So long and thanks for all the Duo!

Comments

• TrickyChandelier
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 9
    1. This is one big joke. Duo is a mode that is the only choice for a part of players. Why should I play against a friend against four players, this is not cool. The additional mode does not cost and allows you to choose what suits you best. I never had a problem to wait after 20 minutes until there is free space on the server. together with zyjjomym we did not see a problem to wait 5 minutes for the game. And you took it without asking for a sentence. Why do you do something against players? Every creator without a recipient will be lost.
  • EpicNoodleNL
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 9
    Butcher517 said:
    This is bull crap. Y’all are some liars. “We’ll bring it back permanently.

We said it would come back "indefinitely", as in there was no set time limit, but we would continue to analyze data - such as trends, peak/persistent simultaneous players, etc. 
    We don't ever take these kinds of decisions lightly, contrary to popular belief, but the overall experience suffered when we had too many modes for folks to choose from in Firestorm.

Does this mean Duo is done forever? No. Special events, special weekends, etc. can still drive it coming back. 
    What it does mean is that because folks play Solo & Squads more, the third option always available reduced matchmaking pools and increased matchmaking times. We don't want anyone to have to wait 5-8 minutes to matchmaking into Firestorm. 

As we move through the next few weeks/months, we'll continue to analyze more data and continue to refine how we handle modes and player engagement opportunities. 

-Braddock512-
    but why do you have to wait for 6 min to get into a Quad game mode and when i wanted to play duo with my buddy it only took 2 min? That isn't because there are not enough players in the duo game mode. Every other Battle Royale game had Duo mode and the only game that says it doesn't work is BFV? And you say the experience suffered. Is there a treat on the forum I don't know about? Does the community say that the experience suffured or was it a group of guys or girls in your office that made that statement?
  • kywildcatsxxx
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I dont get why they don't take of the solo mode for this game. The staple of battlefield has always been teamwork, teamwork n teamwork. Dont make any sense to get rid of duos instead of solos. Do any of y'all even play solo mode on here? Storm camp galore smh
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I dont get why they don't take of the solo mode for this game. The staple of battlefield has always been teamwork, teamwork n teamwork. Dont make any sense to get rid of duos instead of solos. Do any of y'all even play solo mode on here? Storm camp galore smh

I do. It's my prefered mode. Don't have to rely on anyone.
    Actually won a match yesterday:
  • Wimston
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hello I do not know what you think but in the battlefield community NO.

- Now we understand why every time they are less in this community, due to your mistakes .... ERROR + ERROR + ERROR

(IN THE COMMUNITY WE WANT BATTLEFIELD MODE DUO, FOREVER)

NOT TO ACTIVATE MODE DUO, NEVER PURCHASE A BATTLEFIELD AND ... We are many, more than you imagine, who think the same.

** YOU SHOULD KNOW MORE ABOUT PEOPLE AND LISTEN MORE TO THE COMMUNITY, DO NOT TAKE US MORE THE HAIR ... AS ALWAYS **

-I hope that with this I will recap you that the money is put by the community, we are the client and the one who pays the games, and the money makes you 

keep working ... DUO MODE ACTIVATED NOW, and stop reraising us.A GREETING .
  • EpicNoodleNL
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Butcher517 said:
    This is bull crap. Y’all are some liars. “We’ll bring it back permanently.

We said it would come back "indefinitely", as in there was no set time limit, but we would continue to analyze data - such as trends, peak/persistent simultaneous players, etc. 
    We don't ever take these kinds of decisions lightly, contrary to popular belief, but the overall experience suffered when we had too many modes for folks to choose from in Firestorm.

Does this mean Duo is done forever? No. Special events, special weekends, etc. can still drive it coming back. 
    What it does mean is that because folks play Solo & Squads more, the third option always available reduced matchmaking pools and increased matchmaking times. We don't want anyone to have to wait 5-8 minutes to matchmaking into Firestorm. 

As we move through the next few weeks/months, we'll continue to analyze more data and continue to refine how we handle modes and player engagement opportunities. 

-Braddock512-
    but why do you have to wait for 6 min to get into a quad game mode and when i wanted to play duo with my buddy it only took 2 min? That isn't because there are not  enough players in the duo game mode, but there are in the quad game mode. Every other battle royale game has Duo on their mode select and the only game it doesn't work is on BFV?
  • Bozman123
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    spot on
    This basically tells you how small the player base is honestly

• killacre
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is the most stupid thing I´ve heard. Bye bye firestorm.
  • DjYose26
    2 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its a mistake again, put duos please, listen to the comunity and dont do those bad things in the game, it was ok whith duos, now , matchmaking takes so long...
  • krliathbirdeate
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 9
    stop touching the game like this game should go back development stage and stop selling
  • Kowa1czyk
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't usually leave forum posts, but the decision to remove duos from Firestorm is goddamn ****.

I, like many consumers, bought this game specifically to play with a friend on duos mode. We played the game hard for the last week and enjoyed getting back into gaming. For once, DICE did something great - but now that has been removed and for what reason? We tried squads before and didn't enjoy it, we found that players either did their own thing, didn't have a microphone or didn't speak English, so we will certainly not be playing squads. Due to this, we refuse to play the game and have both uninstalled it. We will most definitely be demanding a refund.

Let's see if the analytical team pick up a decrease in traffic over the next few days. Great job DICE. You've **** it up once again.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 9
    Lol. I've played ALOT of Duo Firestorm with a friend. We never had an issue finding a game in EU. It took us 1-2 minutes MAX to find the game, usually it took less than a minute. Obviously it took longer if we played at night, but even then we found matches within 5 minutes.

Its just ridiculous, there was no warning, no notification or anything. You just removed it. We were planning on Playing a lot of Firestorm during our 4 days off work now, but here comes the surprise, we log in today and there is no Duo option. Thanks Dice.

Playing in a squad with less than 3 pre-made is useless because 2 blueberries usually go about their day and die instantly. And winning 2v4 is near impossible.

Jut another confirmation that listening to the community is the last thing you do.
  • Bl4d3runn3r
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LOL, what are you doing to this game? I payed money for this and I want to play effin Duo mode. Limited time? Are you kidding me? Bring back the mode or this was the last EA game i will ever buy
  • dazworld
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nooooooooo.
    Please bring duo back.
    Duo is perfect for me and another player, but usually my usual playing buddy. The two of us in harmony ... until first contact that is with other players then we usually die lol.
    Please bring it back. BIG BF fan here.
  • nikolavik
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So this realy means FIRESTORM is going to be dead soon. Dice just pay to streamers to make Firestorm more popular and your matchmaking time
    will be reduce to less than min!
    I was playing most DUOS and SOLO.
    Bring back DUOS or RIP Firestorm.