Weekly BF

Firestorm Rotations Update - So long and thanks for all the Duo!

Comments

• Conroy1988Mixer
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pretty much won't be playing this now as me and my bud literally started to love Duo, Sign here https://www.change.org/p/ea-bring-back-battlefield-v-firestorm-duos
  • VVaxDaddy
    132 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had quit this absolute frustrating mess of a game and was close to uninstalling when my friend suggested we at least try Firestorm before we accept the hit to our pocketbook for nothing. I was resistant at first not being a BR person, but I agreed.

My friend and I instantly loved duos. We couldn't believe how much fun we were having and actually started playing this game again. Squads was ok but duos was really where we had the most fun and made us feel good that we would actually have something to hold onto in this game.

Maybe I'll play squads, but honestly I don't think it will be worth it to us to boot up this game without duos, and probably at least somewhat won't want to with how you've once again ripped our enjoyment out of the game. We'll probably just go back to BF1 like we had before we tried duos.

Also it's total BS that there weren't enough people playing duos. I rarely had to wait longer than 60s for a game whereas squads sometimes I'd have to wait 5 minutes. Maybe DICE should apply actual solutions to try and get their playercounts up, like offering Firestorm only at a discounted price (since many other BR games are free instead of $30) or actually fixing the game mode to make improvements to the looting and performance issues.
  • gamer4years
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't need to repeat everything that has been said, so will keep it short.  Duo Mode is the best and most efficent way to play Firestorm.  My freind and I just left if after two rounds becuase of all the problems already listed here.  Playing with randoms, poor matchmaking, etc.  Bring back Duo!!
  • smiggyg
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Now I sit here for 10 min searching to fill a squad or find a game. NEVER had that problem with Duos. That tells me that the player count is so poor for squads that the easy fix was to take away duos which was actually populated. Well removing duos is only going to drive the player base down even more. Great Job! I can't believe how bad BFV has self-mutilated itself. 
  • DED04EK
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    meh20382 said:
    Duo's was the only game mode I played. I only play with my cousin on ps4. We'll definitely not be playing solo or squads. I hate squads because 90% of the time the other two guys go off on their own and get killed and we eventually get ambushed by a full squad. Duos was perfect.

I've tried to to stick with this game but all these limited time game modes and various bugs still in the game make me want uninstall it. That's why the player counts are low. Not because duos wasn't good. But because you rushed out an unfinished game.
    The same for me, I have only one friend to play with. Duo was perfect. I would prefer to play with one friend in the squad than with 3 strangers 
  • letzgorotary
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 10
    I’ve got no idea what you guys are doing but this Battlefield release is the worst experience .. and I go way back to BC2. So glad I have fond memories of BC2 & BF3. Not that you care, but I can vouch for the majority of the Battlefield Community here in saying we are very disappointed 😔 Australia didn’t even get a chance to experience Firestorm......... not sure why you bothered releasing it.
  • Waggtastic
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hi yes are you guys brain damaged or something?
  • mlawrenc2
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Through all the missteps and mistakes you have made on this game I have stood by and defended you guys time and time again and have told my friends to be patient. What are you doing DICE!? I am running out of patience in defending your actions. This is becoming even tiring for a devoted fan like me. I thought things were looking up after Sutherland and his cronies left but this proves that your team manager needs to GO! I know PC is having an issue with player counts and matchmaking but you just removed the best part of firestorm after saying it was staying! On XBOX I have never waited over 2 minutes for a game. Due to the fact that you guys have had so many issues (looting system especially) I don’t have a lot of friends that still play Firestorm so DUOS was all I played. I have been very patient and even I am becoming fed up. Please bring it back. Also, a big apology to the fan base for how this game was handled would go a long way as well.
  • Conroy1988Mixer
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sign my dudes, we may somehow get through to the thick as **** skulls of EA - https://www.change.org/p/ea-bring-back-battlefield-v-firestorm-duos
  • GirthQQuakes
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is wrong with these Devs? You release Rush for a week, then you remove dou? Meanwhile you cant get a handle on the cheating problem on pc. No wonder the population is vanishing. It's like you're trying to kill your game. Whats next? Take away Solo, maybe release a new map, for 1 week only. So dumb. I'm very unhappy with the way you guys are making decisions. 

Fix the cheating problem, and if your going to remove game modes, remove the new weird ones no one cares about. Do not remove old favorites like rush, and do not remove dou. You are pushing people to other games. 
  • ArmedFugitive
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Duo is better. You only need 1 friend and you have someone who works with you. Now 2 of us join and wait 5 minutes or more to fill a squad and then several more to find a game.  Then when it starts the other 2 just run off.  If you choose to start with only 2 you are outnumbered by 4 man squads that happen to work together.  4 man is only good if you have 3 friends to join or at least 2 and then you are a man down.
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 - Here’s an idea if you want interesting data to look at. Make Firestorm F2P to the general public for a week or two, with Duos included, and see what happens.
  • GirthQQuakes
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mlawrenc2 said:
    Through all the missteps and mistakes you have made on this game I have stood by and defended you guys time and time again and have told my friends to be patient. What are you doing DICE!? I am running out of patience in defending your actions. This is becoming even tiring for a devoted fan like me. I thought things were looking up after Sutherland and his cronies left but this proves that your team manager needs to GO! I know PC is having an issue with player counts and matchmaking but you just removed the best part of firestorm after saying it was staying! On XBOX I have never waited over 2 minutes for a game. Due to the fact that you guys have had so many issues (looting system especially) I don’t have a lot of friends that still play Firestorm so DUOS was all I played. I have been very patient and even I am becoming fed up. Please bring it back. Also, a big apology to the fan base for how this game was handled would go a long way as well.
    Well said. I'm in the same posistion of defending the game to friends and trying to stay upbeat, but DICE's decision making is broken. I'm not defending them anymore, 8-10 minutes of que time is insane, and not how i want to spend my free time. These Devs have some real problems. Hope their share prices tank so they get the message. 
  • CarlTheLlamabowl
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Look I've tried to be patient with this company and ive tried to defend this game cause it has so much potential but i keep finding myself dissapointed over and over. Dice/EA/Whoever, i don't know what in the right mind youre thinking taking duos out but i mean if u thought player counts were low before, if thats not back quick this games gunna die. Its already dying and over and over again you make a radical move that make even more player just stop playing. So ill give it a week. If duos aint back, ill just stop playing wont buy anymore EA games, sucks i want ufc 4 too. But whatever if duos aint back in a week player counts will prolly be so low i wouldnt even want to play. Great move geniuses
  • Rex_Holez
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 10
    Classic EA. Take away something people want and give us a bunch of crap nobody wants. 

Don't worry guys, maybe they'll release another "elite" skin for $10!!! 

• SonimXXX
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Does anyone else not really care for BFV anymore ?
    Its been messed with way to much.
    Myself and quite a few others have started playing BF4 again
    Never thought I would go backwards...but it shows just how poor BFV is ...its a joke

BF4 though.... we love it more now than ever

• TaoTeK79
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pfff why remove it. I wanted to play duo with a friend yesterday and it was removed. Now we were required to play squad and team up with 2 randoms. This was one of the main reasons why we loved duo's. So that we dont have to play with 2 randoms everytime.
    Please get it back!!!!!!!
  • Skotch073
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have u ever seen a positive reaction on removing duo's? BRING IT BACK
  • Bozman123
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm in the UK and you cannot get a solo game till after 1 or maybe 2 in the afternoon, I think the truth is that the numbers are that bad they can't get the demand for all 3 formats of the game ,and guess what ? Dice get rid of the most popular,,,Morons