Weekly BF

Firestorm Rotations Update - So long and thanks for all the Duo!

Comments

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

No chance to play with your buddy now so I guess it's goodbye for Firestorm
  • GrofSekeres
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I bought game to play duos with my brother and now it's removed. I don't want to uninstall game.
    Bring it back please!!!
  • VODABiscan
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    why remove duo :(
    I pay BF5 80euro give me back my money
  • IZRANA
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    • Я купил игру только для дуэтов, верните деньги!
  • IZRANA
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    • I bought the game just for the duets, return the money!
  • Nezion
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are you **** Kidding me DICE!.. duos is like the best thing ever to come to battlefield firestorm in my opinion. me and my mate play Only Duo after it was released. and now you remove it ????? cause of some **** talk about amount of people playing squard vs duo. W H O cares ! as long as their are 64 people wanting to play duo, why the hell should you remove it. i mean this is beyond stupid to punish people who found something their love to play with inside the game. and then have it removed.. no Reason is good enough for this.. 

And one more thing. if you for this **** reason want me to play squad.... FIX the **** matchmaking for it. when i join with my mate into squad, like 7 out of 10 times we will not get any squad nembers and get joined as duo... missing 2 players from the start. then running into teams of 4 players just makes this game **** ****!.. Dice remove a game mode, then when you join you get into games as only 2 and meet teams of 4.      G R E A T    I D E A      DICE !
  • SmaleC
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HarskiTude wrote: »
    Everybody wanted Firestorm Duo back, it worked fine (okay, it took few minutes to join game..) but instead EA removes it. I mean, WTF EA?

Really? When I gry to play squads it takes 4-5 minutes to start a game and still I get no squad mates apart from my friend i start game with. But when two of us start duos i took Mac 50 seconds to find a game. Duos worked better than squads
  • LEXXZAN
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SmaleC said:
    HarskiTude wrote: »
    Everybody wanted Firestorm Duo back, it worked fine (okay, it took few minutes to join game..) but instead EA removes it. I mean, WTF EA?

Really? When I gry to play squads it takes 4-5 minutes to start a game and still I get no squad mates apart from my friend i start game with. But when two of us start duos i took Mac 50 seconds to find a game. Duos worked better than squads
    Same.
  • Varuna357
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Booth of me and my friend we are huge fans of COD and when battlefield V comes out it was perfect even better with firestorm DUAL mode because only 2of us are playing all the time.Please bring it back so we can continue playing it thank upfront.
  • Conroy1988Mixer
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sign and share guys, should be way more people signing this - https://www.change.org/p/ea-bring-back-battlefield-v-firestorm-duos
  • GirthQQuakes
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game management needs to be fired. They're doing a worse job then doing nothing at all. 
  • proHammocker
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Really battlefield. Why you got to do this to me. I only have one friend and we like to play firestorm together. However we cant play anymore. We have tried to play squads but have only been betrayed by our fellow teammates when they run away from a firefighter leaving us to die. Please bring duos back so I can play firestorm because that's the only reason I bought this game.
  • Toad
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How **** high are you guys?? This is all my and my brother would play. Thx plz give us a logical explanation.
  • cicr0n
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why didn't you remove solo instead? On ps4, two friends cannot choose squad. It's rarely the game finds two more and the game starts with just two. Then you have wasted over 5 min on nothing. Duo solved this, though you got connection failure every now and then. Turn on the duo again. Release firestorm for free as fortnite and make money in the same way as fortnite!
  • Chilli_Rumble
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Really angry duo has gone, it's the mode I play most by far, now I'm stuck playing as a 2 against squads of 4. Thanks for that. I've got no interest in single player - I got bfv as a squad game
  • smiggyg
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 11
    My son and I tried to play squads last night. It took 4+ min on average to search for squad on a Friday night? It only filled the squad maybe 4 out of 10 attempts so we landed as a duo and got wiped right away or anytime we came across a full squad. Wait forever to find a squad then wait longer to find a game so you can die and repeat sitting in a que. What a trash experience! Forget about bothering with taking a Supply Point as a duo in a squad game. It takes twice as long with only 2 players. I'm sure little things like that were well thought out when it was decided to remove Duos to funnel those players back into squads. Smh. Needless to say we're done bothering with Firestorm. It's a shame because it was nice getting my kid to actually play a game with 3-4 nights a week. Now he's back off to Fortnite and swears he'll never touch a Battlefield game again. I don't blame him or the few friends I've talked into buying BFV just for Firestorm.

Look I get that the player count for Firestorm or BFV is really bad. I also understand why Duos was victim over Solo or Squads. The thing is the decision to remove Duos is only going to drive more players away. Sure player counts for Solos and Squads will go up for a few days then drop off quickly. Then what? Remove Firestorm? Seems to me that after a poor reveal, negative comments from CEOs, and lack of content that BFV failed. So the saps like me that actually bought the game have to suffer because a game studio/publisher got into gender politics, ticked people off, and then put out a WW2 game that felt unfinished with no iconic locations or battles which resulted in poor sales and negative feelings. This whole "Live Service" BS is nothing more than a Beta to see what works for the next Battlefield title.

The only way to salvage this game is to forget all these extra timed game modes, add more maps, and offer Firestorm as Free to Play. If not Free to Play offer it as a stand alone for $5-10. At minimum offer Free to Play weekends to test the waters.
    Post edited by smiggyg on
  • lionstyle777
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Me and my bro LOVE duos. LOVE IT. BRING IT BACK PLEASE
    :|