Duos removed, seriously!?

Comments

• KPNuts74
    497 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 11
    JZAB15 wrote: »
    KPNuts74 said:

Please provide the stats to prove those modes were popular enough to keep servers full long term. No, you don’t have them, all you have is your opinion and whiny posts from the vocal negative playerbase. DICE have the stats to help them make decisions.
    These modes were removed because of the tides of war gimmick, to add "fresh" content. Nothing to do with stats. Why was rush, a staple in the series for a decade, removed before it had a chance? Yet Domination which has a half full server a day on PC was not removed (it shouldn't be btw)?

I have many BF XBox friends and whenever I am on the three most consistently played modes I see people on is Conquest/TDM/Firestorm.
  • Hypnoticoon
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree. Even if not many people play with the duo mode, you might think of those who love it. Such a big company should not be a problem to operate this game mode...TAKE IT BACK!!!
  • JZAB15
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 11

sorry double post
    Post edited by JZAB15 on
  • KPNuts74
    497 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 said:

Please provide the stats to prove those modes were popular enough to keep servers full long term. No, you don’t have them, all you have is your opinion and whiny posts from the vocal negative playerbase. DICE have the stats to help them make decisions.
    I doubt that the removal of game modes has anything to do with stats. It's a part of the Tides of War gimmick to add "fresh" content from time to time. Rush has been a staple of this series for over a decade and yet its gone before it had a chance. There's maybe one half full domination server on PC, why not remove that gamemode (they shouldn't)?
    You already replied this earlier.
  • GirthQQuakes
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My BF expeirence tonight:

Try Solo Firestorm, wait 5 minutes, no match to join. Lame.

Join squad conquest, it's 2 versus 8 the entire match. Games over in ~10 mins. 

Close game, wonder why I opened game. Thanks Dice! 
  • KPNuts74
    My BF expeirence tonight:

Try Solo Firestorm, wait 5 minutes, no match to join. Lame.

Join squad conquest, it's 2 versus 8 the entire match. Games over in ~10 mins. 

Close game, wonder why I opened game. Thanks Dice! 

What region are you in???
  • GirthQQuakes
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    North America
  • KPNuts74
    North America

Was it unsociable hours? Never heard of this scenario in NA before.
  • MrCamp121
    526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 wrote: »
    MrCamp121 wrote: »
    You guys are ruining this game. Duos is all anyone played, squads are horrible, and noone uses a mic. How can you not keep duos as a permanent game mode? You guys have trash servers on this game and yet we DIEHARD FANS still stick around. Im sorry, if you dont bring duos back ALOT of people along with myself and family members will stop playing this game entirely

I personally love playing squad with friends most and DICE is reacting to actual server stats (rather than you just saying everyone just played duos.....)

Dice doesnt respond to server nothin. Which is why every game mode they bring out is 2 weeks and they toss it aside regardless of how popular it is

It would make no sense for them to do that. If a mode generates the player count, they would keep it going.

So..rush? Grind? Both were highly popular. Explain

Yep just like they had "stats" to go all SJW from launch
  • MrCamp121
    526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You guys are ruining this game. Duos is all anyone played, squads are horrible, and noone uses a mic. How can you not keep duos as a permanent game mode? You guys have trash servers on this game and yet we DIEHARD FANS still stick around. Im sorry, if you dont bring duos back ALOT of people along with myself and family members will stop playing this game entirely

I personally love playing squad with friends most and DICE is reacting to actual server stats (rather than you just saying everyone just played duos.....)

Dice doesnt respond to server nothin. Which is why every game mode they bring out is 2 weeks and they toss it aside regardless of how popular it is

It would make no sense for them to do that. If a mode generates the player count, they would keep it going.

So..rush? Grind? Both were highly popular. Explain

Yep just like they had "stats" to go all SJW from launch

Funny how that..and everything else backfires despite these "stats"
  • JZAB15
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 said:
    KPNuts74 said:

I doubt that the removal of game modes has anything to do with stats. It's a part of the Tides of War gimmick to add "fresh" content from time to time. Rush has been a staple of this series for over a decade and yet its gone before it had a chance. There's maybe one half full domination server on PC, why not remove that gamemode (they shouldn't)?
    You already replied this earlier.
    It didn't submit before for some reason. My mistake
  • TheNoobPolice
    1574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    meh20382 said:
    That's exactly what they do. DICE has seen people switch to squad mode in higher numbers. It's cold hard data they have at the end of the day, they're not guessing.

The idea that people go, "I can't play duos now so I'm just gonna not play anymore", is ridiculous. What actually happens in general is they just queue up with their buddy and play in a squad.

Hi, I'm a duos player. Only play with my cousin. I haven't played Firestorm since they removed duos. I've played squad before. It's not fun with two randoms. No mics, they don't share loot, they go off and die and reveal my position. If I happen survive my cousin and I get destroyed by a full squad. Real fun, I know. When duos came out, it was a blessing. The idea of me not playing Firestorm now is not ridiculous, its fact.
    *sigh*

Unfortunately, it's well understood within social sciences that people who attempt to refute a factual general statement with a sample size of "one" generally have low intelligence.

Example "On average, women are shorter than men"

Idiot "well, I'm a tall woman!"

Me: Facepalm.

In case you don't get the point, the fact that you, or someone that bothers to reply on here says it's not the case is not at all relevant. They have the data and can see what player trends are doing. If this change meant people overall would stop playing the game, then they wouldn't be making it. I don't always agree with DICE's design decisions but they are far from stupid.

• danosta
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    meh20382 said:

TheNoobPolice wrote: »
    That's exactly what they do. DICE has seen people switch to squad mode in higher numbers. It's cold hard data they have at the end of the day, they're not guessing.

The idea that people go, "I can't play duos now so I'm just gonna not play anymore", is ridiculous. What actually happens in general is they just queue up with their buddy and play in a squad.

Hi, I'm a duos player. Only play with my cousin. I haven't played Firestorm since they removed duos. I've played squad before. It's not fun with two randoms. No mics, they don't share loot, they go off and die and reveal my position. If I happen survive my cousin and I get destroyed by a full squad. Real fun, I know. When duos came out, it was a blessing. The idea of me not playing Firestorm now is not ridiculous, its fact.

*sigh*

Unfortunately, it's well understood within social sciences that people who attempt to refute a factual general statement with a sample size of "one" generally have low intelligence.

In case you don't get the point, the fact that you, or someone that bothers to reply on here says it's not the case is not at all relevant. They have the data and can see what player trends are doing. If this change meant people overall would stop playing the game, then they wouldn't be making it. I don't always agree with DICE's design decisions but they are far from stupid.

Ok mr einstein business expert, name one good decision dice has made with this game. Its been an embarassing disaster since the beta.
  • FritzCT
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    meh20382 said:

*sigh*

You speak of low intelligence yet fail to note that the poster is speaking in first person singular and stating what HE will do (or not in this case). At no point does he generalise about the player base, he simply states his personal preference.

The same is true of your self written example. The "idiot" states "well, I'm a tall woman!". That's written as a statement of fact not a statement disputing the average claimed. For the latter to be true the "idiot" would say "well, I'm a tall woman so that can't be true". So even your own example is flawed which makes me wonder who "idiot" refers to.

I'm sure DICE's data is correct and the majority of players prefer to play squad but the key word is majority. This decision is going to alienate some (meh20382 for one) and in a game that is haemorrhaging players at the rate this one is it makes no sense unless this is actually a damage limitation exercise for DICE.

Like you said previously "Can't fix stupid". 
  • ragnarok013
    3074 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I've moved this thread to the applicable Firestorm section.
  • ragnarok013
    3074 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    meh20382 said:

*sigh*

TheNoobPolice dial it back, there's no reason to make it personal.
  • ragnarok013
    Moved to the firestorm section.
  • KorpusDraige
    2322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's funny that other Battle Royale games don't need to remove the standard Solo/Duo/Squad modes, but BFV does... I wonder why? lol
  • The_BERG_366
    2311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Or maybe... just maybe the majority of playerbase doesn't give s single thing about firestorm meme so it's already dying and Dice had to do something to keep the remaining population.

yeah cause removing modes helps so much to keep the population.
    it's also telling that you post in the firestorm subsection while u clearly don't like or play firestorm. so much hate that you can't even accept others having fun with the mode?
  • The_BERG_366
    2311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I doubt that's the whole truth. duos is the only mode they "can" remove as solos and squads were there from the start. also solos aren't very popular and the peoke who play it normally don't want to play any other mode. hence removing it won't have a big enough impact on the other modes population. now duos and squads are both popular and I'm sure they also have a big mutual audience. hence removing one will most likely have a positive impact on the numbers of the other. clearly you can't remove squads as it's the "core" mode so to say. you can't have a battlefiled battle royale without squad mode.
    now clearly them removing it doesn't necessarily mean the numbers are bad relatively. it just means the numbers arent massively larger than the ones for squads and that they felt the need to concentrate the player base.