Weekly Debrief

Squad Conquest is GOOD!

TW33NSW4G
10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
As someone who has been playing Battlefield games since 2005, Squad Conquest is the first gametype that just feels right to me in BFV. It's frontal, less chaotic and more methodical like previous Battlefield conquests. Maybe it's just may playstyle preference but I this gametype feels more true to previous titles, especially BF3. My only gripe is how short the matches are. Stoked to find a game type im really liking in BFV!

Comments

• Legarhead
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And only 3 ....oh wait ....now 4 maps..
  • TW33NSW4G
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played 27 games last night streaming the final 3 hours and won every game, didn't get bored of the same rotation once actually. I'm a player from back in the BF2MC days where you may have 12+ maps but only play 3 or 4 of them in a 3+ hour session so if the gametype is good, I could play the same map all day. Not going to complain if we get more obviously but I'm just loving the flow of the matches.
  • MrCamp121
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its fun, sure. But its too easy to win
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Often lop-sided and clan stacked. When is competitive it's a great game-mode - performs well too and mouse feels fluid. 
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1842 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When the teams are fairly evenly matched you can get some great rounds.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 15

Played with good randoms last night against clans and won nearly everything, I think I must have played the rotation about 5 times over! It would be awesome to get SC on all 9 maps!!
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    819 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SC is probably the saving grace of V. Brilliant game mode where even when stuck on a bad team you can still have an impact on the game and at least make a fight out of it instead of a stomp. The combination of gun play and tactics are superb and finally the map design suits the gun play of V.

The smaller player count helps with the NetCode issues for the most part so it plays far smoother than the other modes.

Really hope more maps are added to this mode, I can see it becoming a favourite.

• ninjapenquinuk
    1842 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Played with good randoms last night against clans and won nearly everything, I think I must have played the rotation about 5 times over! It would be awesome to get SC on all 9 maps!!
    Because of the small maps it means all player pretty much have to be involved and PTFO , so even not so great players will be contributing.  Conversely it does mean 1 good squad or even just 2 or 3 good solo players has more influence on a round. Yes you do tend to get a flag cap merry go round most rounds due to the flag layout - Rotterdam being the exeption as its more linear and you can more easily defend your gimme flag and B without being uber organised and having one squad at each flag, but the small maps kind of glosses over that on the most part.