Seriously what has happened to battlefield with its accuracy

RelaxedMonk8793
postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
pointing the gun directly at the enemies head and shooting them and it doesn’t come up with a kill or even a hit this is happening on numerous occasions and its getting beyond a joke i even have footage of this happening battlefield needs to fix this issue

Comments

• MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 12
    Some guns got a full auto nerf making the spread deviate randomly when shooting full auto.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For me, there has been a noticable decrease in hitreg in the past week. I suspect this might be a side-effect of ever dwindling active player counts, and OOR players with poor connectivity.
    I think a lot of out of region players flocking to USA servers since no UK servers now.
  • Delta245
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yourlocalplumber, that ( first couple shots not registering) every game last night until I just gave up to frustrating, it cost me several gun fights.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've literally been shot and seen blood fly out my character without actually taking any damage lol.  
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 12
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    For me, there has been a noticable decrease in hitreg in the past week. I suspect this might be a side-effect of ever dwindling active player counts, and OOR players with poor connectivity.
    I think a lot of out of region players flocking to USA servers since no UK servers now.
    Why would they do that, there's still plenty of german servers and for me the difference in ping between uk and german is about 10-12. also the hitreg has been really weird since the last patch. sometimes you get several hitmarkers and do the damage of 1 bullet, sometimes you do 140 damage and get no kill and sometimes bullets just don't registering at all. that's with a 22-25 ping and stable connection.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6653 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    PrairieGeek said:this happens only for BFV.

You obviously haven't played pubg.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6653 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Why would they do that, there's still plenty of german servers and for me the difference in ping between uk and german is about 10-12. also the hitreg has been really weird since the last patch. sometimes you get several hitmarkers and do the damage of 1 bullet, sometimes you do 140 damage and get no kill and sometimes bullets just don't registering at all. that's with a 22-25 ping and stable connection.

Hitmarkers are client-side, hit detection is server-side. Your client shows a hitmarker when "it hits locally". The server then arbitrates those shots. If they hit in its sim, then and only then do you get blood splatter and hit points.
  • Rex_Holez
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love how you can kill someone by shooting them in the legs, but a headshot with a sniper rifle sometimes takes like 96 health away. That means you sniped them in the head, they lost almost all their health but are fine. 
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

Hitmarkers are client-side, hit detection is server-side. Your client shows a hitmarker when "it hits locally". The server then arbitrates those shots. If they hit in its sim, then and only then do you get blood splatter and hit points.
    I'm aware that hit markers are client side but i've never really noticed getting hit markers and not seeing the damage being applied until the last patch.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    559 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 12
    Network performance actually seems to be deteriorating, I saw a lot of comments on that subject in-game last night and it sure seems like rubber-banding and erratic hit registration are becoming the norm.  "Netcode" (to use the popular term) and the growing presence of players from other regions are both contributing to this problem.  In the past DICE Sweden has proven to lack the ability to fix poor network performance, it took DICE LA (and in effect Visceral) to fix network performance in BF4.  The issue of out-of-region players bringing lag to other regions is on EA, they're the one who won't order the use of a ping cap.  If rented servers arrive I certainly hope a ping cap is something admins have available.  Out-of-region lag ruins online shooters--there is no good reason to allow this to happen.  There could be a few servers for those who want to play with overseas friends, but nobody should be forced to play in a server with high-latency players
    High Ping players definitely cause issues, but I've been in servers where no one had particularly high numbers but the insta kills, missing hit reg where constant. At this point I think most players who've been with V since launch know the difference between having a bad game and when things like hit reg just aren't right.

Could it have something to do with the new Amazon servers were now playing on?

On BF1 the smaller modes ran on 60Hz servers on V it's 30Hz. I assumed this was because V was a more demanding game, but if anyone understands these things, is it possible that these servers are just a downgrade?
  • Rev0verDrive
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

I'm aware that hit markers are client side but i've never really noticed getting hit markers and not seeing the damage being applied until the last patch.
    High ping opponent...aka desync ... dude wasn't really where you saw him at that exact moment in time .... replication and ping delays.

This isn't new. It's in every game and every iteration of BF.
  • kjgregoire
    113 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve noticed this while sniping lately. I can literally watch the bullet fly into the enemies head sometimes. Never seen it before! It’s so odd. It had me switching rifles to see if it was the bullet trajectory but nope, even with shots the fly toward the body they simply pass through.
  • Rev0verDrive
    I’ve noticed this while sniping lately. I can literally watch the bullet fly into the enemies head sometimes. Never seen it before! It’s so odd. It had me switching rifles to see if it was the bullet trajectory but nope, even with shots the fly toward the body they simply pass through.
    Replication rates decrease over distance.

On 60Hz you're only updated at that frequency for players within 30m. Beyond 30m it degrades down to 3hz at 200m.

Basically a player at 200m you only get an update about his movement/position once every 333.33ms
  • Trokey66
    7789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 12
    Whilst I have no doubt that there are at times, issues, I wonder how many of the complaints are actually the game 'working as intended'.

I have been in rounds where 'hit reg' is fine but I also get melted.

Is this not because TTK is low with relatively tame spread mechanics?

Throw in the slow rate of health regen with bandages and hey, this is the 'skilled' game the 'community' wanted perhaps?
  • Delta245
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Last night, I turned on the net graph just to see if there was a problem that I wasn’t aware of, so the next encounter I had showed I was hit 25.77 damage and showed who hit me but at the same time during this encounter it showed multiple other hits but from unknown players, it literally showed ???? And each of those characters had 25 damage as well. So my question is who were these unknown players why couldn’t the server recognize who in game shot me. This occurred several times. Also I was not experiencing any latency issues on my end according to the graph. Wish I had recorded it.