Shotguns need nerfs

B0ng0_Banger
1161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited May 2019
Can we please nerf shotguns close to what they originally were. The range on them is absolutely stupid and they require absolutely no skill or brains to use at all.

Thoughts?

Comments

• TW33NSW4G
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I feel like the time to kill for the STG and Sten are comparable to a shotgun to be quite honest. I get dropped by both guns sometimes quicker than I can even raise a shotty up. This game is just so much more fast paced than other titles, I think every class can drop another in the blink of an eye. Shot gun is just another quick kill and I rarely even see people running shotty in the first place. 
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TW33NSW4G said:
    I feel like the time to kill for the STG and Sten are comparable to a shotgun to be quite honest. I get dropped by both guns sometimes quicker than I can even raise a shotty up. This game is just so much more fast paced than other titles, I think every class can drop another in the blink of an eye. Shot gun is just another quick kill and I rarely even see people running shotty in the first place. 

That's the one frame death rearing its ugly head again most likely. Those guns are known to cause the bug the most.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sorry you got killed by a shotgun.
  • superteds
    1218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thoughts;

no lol
  • MarxistDictator
    5249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    shotguns are annoying to be killed by but even more annoying to use. they're RNG to use and face. wonder when a BF game will give them a proper use within the game besides chaos theory.
  • SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Buckshot's are in a good place right now. Slugs need to be looked at and could use a buff to their 2HK range. How about I just send you a link to video of what I think since I run shotguns exclusively 
  • krliathbirdeate
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    First shotguns idk which one you're talking about but there is an upgrade for one of the guns where they make the shotgun like a usual sniper gun and that's why In some distances the shot gun can be one hit kill or mid-distances two hit kill. headshot kill is also possible so basically it is op if your good at the gun but if you suck your going to be like this gun sucks

Idk like how people are saying in the mid distance two hit kill gun that can also operate in a closed range battle were in 5 feet distance its a one hit body shot kill gun is not op but like I guess it's more based on their skill.

first, ignore the people that ask for more buff since it’s bulls ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and second it is op in some standard since usually a shot gun can kill the person that is behind the person that you killed and unless your an idiot why would you fight in a long distance battle with shot gun ” I would stay sitting in a building and fight in short range (went 8 death 45 kill before)

and if a guy is camping in a corner you have no chance on winning him. Tbh a lot of don’t make sense in this game and if feels like a lot of stuff is all over the place but that's just how EA dice game work so yea.

It needs a little nurf

A shot gun that can be used far and close. If you get close you die and if you get far the guy can just hit you. You have chose not to even fight him until he come close so you can just tap him and he will die and that's not ”op”

A lot of guns don’t make sense they just kill you less than 0.9 second but you can combine these people wrong since no matter what you say they are going to be like well well well well they just like the gun based on how it is and they can chance that idea because they like abusing it
  • Tip_the_Cap
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    Learning how to move and position yourself as a shotgun user takes all kinds of "skill." There are a lot of growing pains as well. It's not easy to do in this wide open, long lines of sight game. Try getting yourself into position to get kills with the range of those weapons for a week and then come back and talk to us.

Your just totally silly for starting this thread with those arguments.
    Post edited by Tip_the_Cap on
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    shotguns are annoying to be killed by but even more annoying to use. they're RNG to use and face. wonder when a BF game will give them a proper use within the game besides chaos theory.
    Why is RNG not a proper use? When on a a close combat map having a couple of room clearers in the squad is a great tactic. Enemies are more bunches up and a shotgun makes sense. Would you prefer a mag dump or someone throwing dynamite?
  • Rex_Holez
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They're very powerful up close sure, because shotguns are like that in real life, and I get owned by most quick

Over 40-50m though with a 1918 or STG I do the owning against them. So it works both ways. 
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rex_Holez wrote: »
    They're very powerful up close sure, because shotguns are like that in real life, and I get owned by most quick

Over 40-50m though with a 1918 or STG I do the owning against them. So it works both ways. 

Totally. They are also seriously effected by cover eating into the pellet counts meaning they are more diminished in some situations.
  • GloriousRepublic
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In a game where 90 percent of the playerbase is running semi autos with 3x I think shotguns are fine. Shotguns are always one of those weapons when you killed by one it's incredibly annoying so people instantly cry for them to be nerfed to the point where they totally useless.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol @ shotgun whiners. They act like hosing someone down with hipfire from a AR/SMG/LMG/MMG is 200 IQ gameplay when it's just as easy.  
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sorry you got killed by a shotgun.
    I'm not :)

• Hawxxeye
    7742 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A shotgun requires  more aiming than a rapid fire bullet hose and it also has more weaknesses
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A weapon needs nerfing only when you see a vast majority of players (ab)using it. This is not the case with any particular gun right now as far as I have experienced.
  • Squad_Cohesion
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The 1HK range is a little too far now.