When playing BFV, do you feel like you're playing a Battlefield game?

bavneet7
54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I personally don't. To me it feels like just another copy of BF1 which was a copy of SWBF.
I don't get any fun out of it. I can stand at the top of the leaderboard every match but there's no satisfaction in it. It just feels way too casual, campy and not how epic Battlefield used to be, like the good old BF3 and BF4.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you feel like playing a Battlefield game when playing BFV?

Comments

• TW33NSW4G
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only in Squad Conquest. It's more methodical a d strategic like older titles. Most other ganetypes I've played feel like a Frostbite CoD. Finally found a gametype that feels right to me.
  • CrashCA
    949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Only, sort of.
  • superteds
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    yeah i do. and starting your argument with BF1 was a skinned SWBF is disingenuous to say the least...
  • CHAMMOND1992
    990 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Meh. Lack of decent dog tags, no service stars, no medal system. Definitely doesn't feel like the whole experience.
  • TheNoobPolice
    1531 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Agree 100%, the magic of BF3 has gone.

Not surprising, the amount of the same people still working on the games is probably just a handful. It's DICE only in name I'm afraid.
  • TheNoobPolice
    1531 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TW33NSW4G said:
    Only in Squad Conquest. It's more methodical a d strategic like older titles. Most other ganetypes I've played feel like a Frostbite CoD. Finally found a gametype that feels right to me.
    I like the mode, but I struggle to find a server that doesn't empty out constantly. Games are always really one sided. If I pair up with even only one other good player it's usually a walk-over.

Or you end up on a team that only has 4 players on it against 8 and are somehow expected to enjoy that.
  • DCAT627
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If they bring rich back it will feel like battlefield!
  • superteds
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DCAT627 said:
    If they bring rich back it will feel like battlefield!
    i mean ignoring that CQ is 'classic' battlefield, and the maps aren't (and havn't been since BFBC1 and 2) designed for rush...

i loved rush - i must have sunk 1k hours into BFBC2 purely playing rush (now i basically only play breakthrough) but it's not as simple as just 'bringing it back'.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 was the best imo.
  • MarxistDictator
    4798 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The lack of teamplay is what makes it feel less like battlefield and this is in a series where throwing passive-supplying boxes at each other was considered peak teamwork. Obviously with this and the extremely suboptimal vehicle play its a battlefield in 'we needed a good IP to buffet the failure of this game with' sense only.
    Agree 100%, the magic of BF3 has gone.

Not surprising, the amount of the same people still working on the games is probably just a handful. It's DICE only in name I'm afraid.

The magic you're referring to certainly wasn't there at BF3 launch so logically if you're going to use it as a comparison you'd also wait 8 months after launch for BF V to be a good game.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I topped my highest ever k/d in tanks in this game with ease. It's also been the most boring tanking experience in all my years on BF. I can go 60-0 and feel nothing... I've hardly got any fond memories of epic battles, esp vs other tankers. It's just a camp fest, or they pub stack with repair slaves. The tank fights are really un-fun, how is facing a tank with a dedicated repair person fun in any way? Even if I had one, that makes any fight between two tanks pointless. It's crappy design like that that's made this game so poor. Back in games like bf3, having a person fix your tank was no way as rubbish as it is here or OP.

When this game first came out I was gearing up for a new PC, but after seeing how awful the support has been, the direction they took, I used that cash and just got a new two thousand pound tv and 4k player instead. I've been wondering once I hit 50 k/d about leaving... The bugs/hit registration are horrendous and it's been that way for so long now. I see the same players so much, it's like I'm back on BC Vietnam when that started dying off. 

I don't care about skins, I don't care about tides of war, or firestorm. I care about a fun working game.  

The only thing this game has going for it right now is lack of competition. So many crap games, companies are pumping out right now. That or they are over hyped and forgotten in weeks.

To see how BF has evolved to this, it's a real shame.      
  • l-SneakyBastrd-l
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not as much as previous bf games bf2, bf3,bf4,bf1 but still have fun when the cheaters aren't about. A bit dissapointed in content/maps, prefered the DLC/premium.
  • Godmodegta
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    can't really compare BFV too every Battlefield, most BF game took place in future beside BF1, And even BF1 didn't feel like battlefield, but it was good game and I like it a lot, BFV compare too BF1, BFV feel like I'm playing busted up game, everything doesn't feel right, like the game need some toneing adjustment everywhere till it better. it not bad game , but it need some fix like really bad.

• Blackidus
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Only on the bigger maps that has tansk and planes like Panzerstorm, Arras, Hamada or Twisted Steel.
    I´ve been playing BF games since BF1942, so for me Battlefield is about the sweet mixture of infatry, tanks and planes all at once with a pinch of 64 player chaos.