Being Over-Dramatic.

OsamaBinLadle2
8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I've been seeing things like "Battlefield V is dead" and "Battlefield V was dead on arrival"... I honestly don't get it. Battlefield V is far from dead as I'm perfectly able to get into games within 30 seconds, Are people really so hell bent on this game that they jump at any chance to **** on the game? Wow Battlefield V isn't as popular as it 1st released? Damn... I guess basically every other Battlefield was dead long ago as well. ..

Comments

• superteds
    1018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    basically people are far more likely to criticise than praise, and a forum gives them a quick way to do that.
  • warslag
    1257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    People are drawn towards sensational headlines such as outrage, controversy and conspiracies. Maybe it becomes the only kind of language people use, eventually.
  • zenn_nme
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Players want to vent their frustration with the game, and using the boards to do so...
    Maybe we need a special 'let loose' topic!? :D o:)
  • SirBobdk
    3631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game is far from dead, but the playerbase is very low compared to other BF games.
    EA / Dice has chosen to make a different kind of BF, which does not appeal to as many as before.

• bigiain
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder if part of it is that the matchmaking has problems. Out of sheer laziness I used it to get a game of Squad Conquest at the weekend and it was taking so long I gave up. Went to the server browser and found a load of games with space straight away.  If that happens all the time, it's going to annoy players who only use the matchmaking.

The UK and Ohio servers disappearing and Firestorm Duos getting cut paints a pretty negative picture as well.

• von_Campenstein
    6465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've been seeing things like "Battlefield V is dead" and "Battlefield V was dead on arrival"... I honestly don't get it. Battlefield V is far from dead as I'm perfectly able to get into games within 30 seconds, Are people really so hell bent on this game that they jump at any chance to **** on the game? Wow Battlefield V isn't as popular as it 1st released? Damn... I guess basically every other Battlefield was dead long ago as well. ..

Some plain talking advice, if you are enjoying the game good for you , but also stay away from the forum. I don’t mean that in a bad way. But it should be obvious that most people come on to complain. If they are enjoying the game then they don’t waste time on the forum.

Not true, I was on the forum checking up on what was what back in BF1 even during the best of times there, sure there are always things to improve on and if you're tuned into that and think you have some input there is always good reason to bring it to the forums, on the off chance it will gain traction. Some people only come to whine, not all.
  • fragnstein
    287 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bigiain wrote: »
    I wonder if part of it is that the matchmaking has problems. Out of sheer laziness I used it to get a game of Squad Conquest at the weekend and it was taking so long I gave up. Went to the server browser and found a load of games with space straight away.  If that happens all the time, it's going to annoy players who only use the matchmaking.

The UK and Ohio servers disappearing and Firestorm Duos getting cut paints a pretty negative picture as well.

I never understood why people would want to use the match maker. It can put you into a server with who knows how many players and ping. Or you can use the server browser, arrange the ping from low to high and choose the server probably faster then the match maker. While people wait 2-3 minutes for match maker, you can giter dun with the server browser in about 30 sec
  • JPhysics
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bigiain wrote: »

I never understood why people would want to use the match maker. It can put you into a server with who knows how many players and ping. Or you can use the server browser, arrange the ping from low to high and choose the server probably faster then the match maker. While people wait 2-3 minutes for match maker, you can giter dun with the server browser in about 30 sec
    Same here, I use the servers browser for that very reason.  Dice have designed the game around match making though, so the way servers are spun up are dependent upon it.
  • ElliotLH
    6136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry, I have a degree in drama.
  • ElliotLH
    6136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    ElliotLH said:
    So does my ex-girlfriend :smiley:
    Oh you're used to it then lol. Both my partner and I have the same degree so you can imagine what it's like in our house 😆
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    VOLBANKER said:
    ElliotLH said:
    Oh you're used to it then lol. Both my partner and I have the same degree so you can imagine what it's like in our house 😆
    Lol, I can imagine, but which one is the main drama queen?! :wink:
  • ElliotLH
    ElliotLH said:
    VOLBANKER said:
    ElliotLH said:
    Lol, I can imagine, but which one is the main drama queen?! :wink:
    100% me.
  • mrtwotimes
    616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This forum and those few that pipe up on it are not the Battlefield community as a whole, just a small fraction of it.
  • StormSaxon
    414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I like the game. I still check the forum.

The game is in decent shape on PS4 at least.
    I’ve never struggled to find a game. Though trying to play/join friends is still a pain.

The whiners are loud. But they have been on every game since BF3.
  • grrlpurple
    744 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    JPhysics wrote: »
    One of the side effects of customer service is that people are far more likely to tell more friends about a bad experience than they are about a positive one.  There is a huge amount of negative experiences on the forum in contrast to positive ones.  As toxic as the community can be, I truly think Dice could have prevented alot of it.   
    I've seen the "Battlefield is dead" many times in previous titles, this is the first time I think the statement hold some weight.  6 months into a AAA title and there are so few players filling up game servers that they have to close regional AWS to consolidate the player base, with intentions of increasing match making times ..... which was due to lower than expected player counts.

A happy customer tells 1 person but an unhappy customer tells 25... Or it used to be that ratio before the days of social media #showingmyage
  • VOLBANKER
    631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    VOLBANKER said:
    ElliotLH said:
    Haha! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: