Even micro transactions have been disappointing. +Illegal action.

YourLocalPlumber
2623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited May 14
What is going on Dice? We've had so many leaf camos back in Beta, where are they now? You've re-released Jager skin for StG44. You've released 3rd skin for Sten gun(The worst skin out of all 3 btw). The only decent microtransactions that we got are the Elites skins and above mentioned Jager skin for the StG44. Most non-elite uniform skins look terrible with only decent looking one is Die Sturm Jager for the Germans.

Why can't you just dump all Boin skins at once for people to buy instead of drip feeding them little by little every couple of week? BF is clearly in need of funding, yet the only thing that people are buying right now are the elite skins.

EDIT: On a side note - You've lied to us by making fake discount of Elite skins. It said 1550 990. Now it just says 990. That is illegal advertisement.

Comments

• GirthQQuakes
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game was not finished when they released it. They will be playing catch up until the game dies in late fall
    Think itll last until fall? Already I cant get a FS solo match on PC. My friends all stopped playing and I cant blame them. 
  • barnesalmighty2
    1176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bigmatt9486 said:
    The game was not finished when they released it. They will be playing catch up until the game dies in late fall

Think itll last until fall? Already I cant get a FS solo match on PC. My friends all stopped playing and I cant blame them. 

All of my friends quit right after it launched, few reappeared for patches but most are long gone now sadly. Between bad press, dice not talking to us and many many bugs and glitches I can't say I blame them.
  • Narfiam
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I miss more CC outfits for germans.
    For example I want an officer cap for germans without being a black leather one and without an Iron Cross (Canis Horribilis) and without having the face covered (Demolisher), it's not that hard to release one.
    Also, stop releasing gasmasks, they are ugly and nonsense, I like the last german helmet reward of the chapter but not that ugly gasmask, I want just the helmet!!
  • CHAMMOND1992
    990 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 14
    Dude, you are making yourself look dumb. Elite skins when first released were 1500 boins, now they're 990. There is no "fake discount". They could have always planned to lower the price soon after release to make it seem like you're getting a break but that doesn't make it, "illegal advertising" or false advertising.
    Post edited by CHAMMOND1992 on
  • fragnstein
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I bet the could have sold a lot more skins it said the original price was 1million boins then "discounted" it to 990.
    What a bargin!
    569 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dude, you are making yourself look dumb. Elite skins when first released were 1500 boins, now they're 990. There is no "fake discount". They could have always planned to lower the price soon after release to make it seem like you're getting a break but that doesn't make it, "illegal advertising" or false advertising.

coins*
  • Rex_Holez
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wrong they were 990 when they were first released. 
  • DOX_aus
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So? Maybe they thought they could get away with $15 per elite skin and have reevaluated it? .. permanently reducing the price also lessens memes about how you used to get atleast 4 new maps + 4 new guns/gadgets + a couple new vehicles for that price in previous bf titles :)
  • PackersDK
    635 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    In some countries it is actually illegal to fiddle around with offers/discounts like that. It certainly depends on how they phrase it, what words they use to accompany the cut in price.

If the 990 is the future set price and not a discount, then setting it high at 1500 to begin with, just so you can signal a bargain is being made, can be illegal. But as I said, depends on the wording. Also, if indeed 990 is just an offer, then it can’t be an offer indefinitely, that would be illegal as well. 

Anyway, depends on where you live.

I suspect Dice just realized nobody was paying 1500 for it.
  • dayglowfroggy
    396 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can't believe anyone would pay that sort of money for a cosmetic but people do.
    I see loads of identical scotish/Irish bloke's running around so it's not like it makes you even look unique.
    Must of killed three in a row last night on Frontlines.
  • VincentNZ
    2378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't they acknowledge in this or last week's Debrief that the discount on the elite skins will be removed? I did not know they were discounted at all, though.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They said that the 990 or whatever was an introductory offer and they would then be 1500.  Seems like the 1500Boins was the RRP but hardly any saps will buy it for that so the price is staying at 990
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They said that the 990 or whatever was an introductory offer and they would then be 1500.  Seems like the 1500Boins was the RRP but hardly any saps will buy it for that so the price is staying at 990

Well false advertising is still false advertising.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well yup. They did imply that the price would go up, but this is EA after all. They have form
  • Godmodegta
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    $15 for one elite , so.. for 2 elite is $30. that honestly really a lot. and along with 2 bonus melee... honestly bit cheesy, a Lever pipe and a bayonet that look very common like any other?
  • Agent_Talon
    433 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remember the good ol' days when an entire expansion was $30 and would give you a whole new single player exp, several MP maps and some cosmetics?  I wouldn't pay $5 for one of the skins much less $15.  Hmmm 1 skin that I can never see and does nothing for my game play or 2 Chipotle burritos...burritos please. 
  • CHAMMOND1992
    990 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rex_Holez said:
    Wrong they were 990 when they were first released. 
    Correct. However, they were announced, at 1500 boins. 
  • CHAMMOND1992
    PackersDK said:
    In some countries it is actually illegal to fiddle around with offers/discounts like that. It certainly depends on how they phrase it, what words they use to accompany the cut in price.

If the 990 is the future set price and not a discount, then setting it high at 1500 to begin with, just so you can signal a bargain is being made, can be illegal. But as I said, depends on the wording. Also, if indeed 990 is just an offer, then it can’t be an offer indefinitely, that would be illegal as well. 

Anyway, depends on where you live.

I suspect Dice just realized nobody was paying 1500 for it.
    lol Where is it illegal? Companies do this ALL the time for their "Sales".