Why would you change the way firestorm loads up and not tell anyone? Correction

BUZZOSAW777
44 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited May 16
EA has changed the way the pre-round works and the games loads up.  Now how it works is that you load into the warehouse and wait for it to fill up.  The problem is that no one knows this so they load in and think the game is broken and leave so the server never fills up.  EA made this change and did not let the community know this?  Again this proves how bad their decision making process is.  Please let the community know so this does not continue to happen.  Please add a message when you load that the server is waiting for players and the game will start shortly.  

See here:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/187484/server-side-update-firestorm-matchmaking#latest

We still need an in game message as most people do not read the announcements, obviously.  (only 300 people have read it, useless that is the entire firestorm community) LOL 
Post edited by BUZZOSAW777 on

Comments

• Ceph_v74
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Waiting on a server with 2 other players just shows how little community this game mode has.

Fix it and they will come (back)!
  • BUZZOSAW777
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 15
    On top of this as the players come and go they leave and the weapons vanish from the warehouse as players leaved puzzled why the game is not working then you end up with an empty warehouse with a few guys running around knifing each other then eventually disconnecting.  I have been in the warehouse for 10 minutes and it goes from 8 to 20 then back to 7 and then back to 10 then everyone leaves the server and it never starts.
  • AGA_Python
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ceph_v74 said:
    Waiting on a server with 2 other players just shows how little community this game mode has.

Fix it and they will come (back)!
    I AGREE
  • StarscreamUK
    6981 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    1. using profanity not so smart
    2. caps lock exists.
  • sqrjn
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 16
    "Using profanity not so smart" Perhaps, but profanity in the face of lying incompetence is understandable even laudable. It's certainly far smarter than your syntax, shill. 

I think Buzz's post is hilarious. What he describes is exactly what I did."WTF?!? Where are the weapons? This is some broke *removed*. I'm out."

I hope my profanity offended you. 
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA made this change and did not let the community know this?
    Really?https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/187484/server-side-update-firestorm-matchmaking#latest
  • BUZZOSAW777
    edited May 16
    Thanks plumber noob for finding this for us.  Now we at least see something even thought the post was not in the firestorm chat.   We sill needs a message in game.
  • StarscreamUK
    6981 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited May 16
    sqrjn said:
    "Using profanity not so smart" Perhaps, but profanity in the face of lying incompetence is understandable even laudable. It's certainly far smarter than your syntax, shill. 

I think Buzz's post is hilarious. What he describes is exactly what I did."WTF?!? Where are the weapons? This is some broke *removed*. I'm out."

I hope my profanity offended you. 
    Buzz didnt break the rules and I'm not offended at all, but breaking the rules is the choice you made.  See you in 24 hours :)
  • tempo_rarity
    899 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    See I knew this afternoon that this thread title was sort of a hypothetical question , but I went and treated it like it was real anyway and so I actually threw some real resources at it .
    Not much though - both of my apprentices dispatched on intel missions , a bunch of phone calls , a few texts , a few emails . . a few favors owed or traded . . you know how it is .
    . . anyway , the best of the possible answers that flooded in afterwards comes from a somewhat dubious source who responded to the query just because him and I go wayyyy back .
    The fellow has a gift for historically coming up with and then sprouting the strangest utterances that you've ever heard of so that's why I'm calling his the best of the responses so far .
    So what'd he say to this 'Why Change..' query?
    He said "Lobby Easter Eggs" . . . . 
    He likes impressions so I gave him my very best Tim Allen 'Huhhh?'
    "All those guns are placed there in the Lobby because they're meant to be used to shoot the place up - the lights , the fuel cans - which if done in the right sequences or in sufficient numbers will unlock and open the doors on that plane laying on the hangar floor "
    Shut the front door! 
    "OPENS the door . . .  didn't you hear me?"
    No it's a . . say-so what's inside?
    "Yeah see , I didn't get that far unfortunately - my source giving me what I've told you so far wanted one of those orange chocolate bar 'balls'  for that particular nugget annnd . . all I had was Toblerone so-o  . . that's that"
    So close! Yet still there WAS a small chance - the apprentices , just arriving back from their quest!
    Alas , all for nought - their best lead at a comic book store fizzling .
    One of them did try to throw out an Endgame spoiler like some sort of guilty compensation though .
    Tomorrow , around here , it's apprentice - in the singular .
    . . . thanks OP - see what you started?
      :tongue:
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 16
    Ahemm
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/187484/server-side-update-firestorm-matchmaking#latest

EDIT: Would you look at that, 3 days later my post gets approved.
    Post edited by YourLocalPlumber on