Where are all the maps and why is the community not more vocal about the lack of content?

XDCFluffy
209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Have we had a BF game with so few maps after this length of time?

When it was announced that BFV would be WW2 I was firstly disappointed as I wanted a BF Vietnam remake, and secondly pleased as I thought at least they have all the great BF1942 maps that they can bring back.

Months and months later and still nothing.

Comments

• OskooI_007
    326 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I'm not very impressed with this 'games as a service' model either. Or as I like to call it, Gas. There's been barely any new maps, and maps are the important thing most players want in a multiplayer game.

I dunno, maybe if BFV sold better EA might have invested more in new maps. The nice thing about the Gas model from EA's perspective is they can cut-and-run from a game that isn't performing financially well and abandon it. Unlike with premium where they were committed to releasing a set number of maps.
  • SteveZee
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They have been for months. I think its just falling on deaf ears.
  • parkingbrake
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    XDCFluffy said:
    Have we had a BF game with so few maps after this length of time?

When it was announced that BFV would be WW2 I was firstly disappointed as I wanted a BF Vietnam remake, and secondly pleased as I thought at least they have all the great BF1942 maps that they can bring back.

Months and months later and still nothing.
    What color is the sky on your planet?  The lack of new maps and other content has been the subject of massive and sustained complaints here and in other forums.  How have you missed this?
  • XDCFluffy
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What color is the sky on your planet?  The lack of new maps and other content has been the subject of massive and sustained complaints here and in other forums.  How have you missed this?
    Weird question but the sky is blue thanks for asking.  

A quick scroll through previous 6 pages and not a single thread on lack of maps.  How did you miss that?

The lack of maps is one of the biggest issues as most people I know are bored with the game.  

• SavageBeastZero
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Using the search and typing in "lack of maps" or "lack of content" comes back with over 100 pages of threads mentioning this topic. So, it's definitely been talked about to no end here as well. Making threads about it here or speaking about it on the many Battlefield V social media pages isn't going to speed the process up. Thus I believe is the reason for the new found silence on the issue here, which is a good thing. No sense in speaking about something that will provide no results and only frustrate the community more. They'll come when they come.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly I'm just surprised the game is still alive after having almost no additional content since the release. I guess that is because there is no competition in this genre and people feel obliged to play after paying 80 euros lol.

But man, I remember the time when people hated BF1 but at least the game had tons of content to offer. BFV can be mechanically better(only in certain aspects imo) but it is nothing compared to BF1 when it comes to content and ambiance.
  • parkingbrake
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    XDCFluffy said:
    Weird question but the sky is blue thanks for asking.  

A quick scroll through previous 6 pages and not a single thread on lack of maps.  How did you miss that?

The lack of maps is one of the biggest issues as most people I know are bored with the game.  

Incredible, in the original meaning of the word.  The lack of maps and other new content has been a constant theme here (and in other forums), along with cheating and the lack of rented servers there has been nothing discussed more.  As someone else pointed out, he found 100 pages of discussion on that topic with a quick search.
  • -Antares65z
    1549 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is what happens when you don't have a Premium option that guarantees extra content like new maps.  Considering the lackluster sales and overall failure of the game, do you expect EA to invest a lot of time providing free content like lots of new maps? I imagine we'll see a few but I wouldn't expect much more than that. BF1 ended up with 29 conquest maps. Doubt BF5 will see half of that.

• Ceph_v74
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    because they have moved on to better supported games with less cheaters!
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 17
    I'm pretty sure majority of their main team is working on the next title already. So yeah we won't get much more content for this game.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is no content and no complaints because we already know whats coming. They showed us a roadmap for 2019 and there is nothing major in it. 1 map in 2 week. 2 maps somewhere in summer/autumn. Thats it. We're presumably getting USA and Japan in late 2019, but going by "Soon™" mentality that Dice and EA are going with, we know exactly nothing about it.

EA and Dice are so reluctant to give us information about upcoming content, to the point where we've got more information from people who are data mining BF5 files, than from actual developers themselves.

There is a guy on twitter called "temporyal". He had been giving us more information about upcoming weapons, vehicles and gadgets that our developers.

temporyal's twitter: https://twitter.com/temporyal
  • opsis_1
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's all for a good reason..you'll see when ps5 release.
  • StarscreamUK
    6981 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    This is why I preferred premium. We knew exactly what we were getting.
  • parkingbrake
    Exactly, and we knew up to six months ahead of time, and anything they announced they delivered.  I never had a problem with paid DLC/Premium, it resulted in bigger and better games.  In contrast Live Service is like a series of promises from someone who owes you money--you never quite get that envelope of cash they keep promising.
  • JPhysics
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 18
    Precisely, but it created a group promoting 2 discussion points which I don't agree with to be honest. 
    1) It divided the player base, well in some ways yes as people without DLC can't play servers with that map content but there was ample servers running in BF3 and BF4 to cater everyone.  The effect was a little bit more prevalent in BF1 but I believe there were more factors to it.
    2) Players complained about having to spend more money on DLC.  Its 2019 and we live in a world where we only get what we pay for.  There are very few games that give away 20 maps for free.

I never had issues with the premium model, because the alternative is this and I know what I prefer.
  • DigitalHype
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'd rather have a divided playerbase with more real content, than no playerbase with little content.