Fortress Mode is just bad

Flommingsen
13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
As the title says, the new fortress mode is just bad, it is just not fun at all.  :(
I would describe fortress mode as a corrupted and bad version of grind. 
Here is why:
1. Only 2 maps
2. Defenders sided only
3. Bombers, just reminds me of the spawn kill caos, at launch of battlefield 5
4. High Performance impact
5. No Flanking at all
And that is from only 4 rounds of gameplay on this mode, that is just bad.

Please just focus on the rest of the game and it's future content, then on this gamemode. 

*This is only critical feedback, and is not meant to offend, either DICE or The Community!*

Comments

• CanaryDogg
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    its very bad
  • M_Rat13
    792 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 16
    DICE needs to stop these bad fringe gamemodes. It hurts the overall game.

And removing the good ones.
    Post edited by M_Rat13 on
  • Woodlbrad
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What new gamemode will they cobble together next?
  • Logosoft
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The fortress mode is a D-Day simulator. That is why I like it. I can already tell Normandy map is going to be like this if we ever get one.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zero thought or quality has been put in to these.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It really just needs more flanking options than anything. It's kinda pointless being able to go for B and C When there's generally no way to get passed A Unseen. But hey, I managed to do the ZH-29 Mastery in it, so that makes me happy.
  • GloriousRepublic
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 16
    I really hope the Live Service stuff is scrapped for the next game. All I want is game with maps built and community tested for Rush and CQ. I'll pay for premium. I don't like how it divides the player base but if the choice we have is what we have now vs what we used to have I choose to go back to the old way.
  • bran1986
    5471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I want to be able to play it without having crazy stutters.
  • PuckersMcColon
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, for the love of all that is holy, please stop wasting time on these garbage short term modes and instead, give us more permanent content and fixes!  Talk about a complete misuse of resources.

Last couple of "patches" introduced MAJOR stuttering and crashing that I did not previously have.
  • Legarhead
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just played for the 5000cc and quit after . Dont plan on playing again. This mode is more like Smokefield and had more network issues than other maps.
  • georgeanzelon
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sadly I fear it is too late for this game. I have not played for 2 months and from what I hear nothing has gotten better. It sucks because I have loved all bf titles before this one.
  • Ajax_Fury29
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I love this game mode. Freaking intense. It's nice to see a variation of my favorite game mode, Breakthrough. 
  • ProAssassin2003
    3002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Like 90% of Battlefield 5 it's a waste of time for everybody. Waste of Content.

They really have to impress me to me even consider buying another Battlefield. I can't stomach playing Battlefield 5 for more then an Hour.

• LeesSummit09
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 17
    New mode has possibilities because action is intense, but now, to much in favor of defenders.  Need more flanking options and why do defenders get a bomber on Hamada, really.  Fight through all the defenders to get to A and a bomber flies over and takes you out.  Plus, add some ammo dumps closer to objective, work your way there and run out of sticky dynamite or grenades and left with guns against everything the defenders have.  PC's must have more issues than PS4, because I don't see the stuttering and crashing issues everyone is talking about.  I join servers based on best ping and only occasionally do I have to leave a server because of lag. 
  • Rex_Holez
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Decided to give it a go, and like almost everyone else, I think it's awful. 

Do better DICE
  • Key2Destiny
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Who's great idea was it to put bombers in this mode. Well at least I know I definitely won't be playing the game this week.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 17
    Tried it and went straight back to Squad Conquest. I really don't understand how anyone can enjoy a game mode that is so claustrophobic and linear.  No nuance or tactics.

These pap filler content game-modes that throw everything but the kitchen sink in are a waste of time and resources. DICE need to do one thing and that is to get lots more maps out. Mercury end of May isn't enough....
    Post edited by DrunkOnRedWine on
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How the Hamada version ever got past play testing is amazing, it has no redeeming features at all.  Devastation is slightly better.  At least you only actually have to play 1 round for TOW.