Network issues.

IIRogueMachineII
1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I'm having issues with my connection in MP now there's German servers, higher ping low-mid 30's nearly 40 ping at times. Using a hard wired connection as well. I'm from the UK. When it was UK servers it was low 20's and felt great but now i seem to get no hit marks and even appear to get hit when not even visible to the other player. Does anyone have a list of settings which work universally for router or even PS4.

It's sucking the fun out of it for me with these issues. I noticed the issue back in January have tried everything in my limited knowledge of this stuff, opening ports etc etc. 

Comments

• IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    Here's some screenshots of my connections:

• IIRogueMachineII
    edited May 2019
    Mods delete this thread, no point it being here. 
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it's not you. the hit detection and ttd is the worst it's ever been. in fact it's hard to think of it being worse in any gamer ever.
  • ragnarok013
    3941 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    IIRogueMachineII you should make a post over here on the EA Answers HQ for your issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/battlefield-v-technical-issues-en

• IIRogueMachineII
    There is issues but i think mine are my side of things, i just have no idea what to do to fix it.  Its definitely not the best net code or server experience ever that for sure.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    I already did, was old one then I replied to it again. 
  • digga11
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Post disappeared
  • IIRogueMachineII
    I could get the image to show correctly if you meant me. 
  • clouseau2112
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rogue...

IMO, ping levels in the 30's and 40's should not be an issue...at all. Even when I happen to stumble into an east coast servers (85 to 90 ping), I rarely notice any hit detection issues. Sure, I'm running 22 to 25 ping on west coast servers, but again, no issues on east servers.

You said you're wired (connection speeds?), maybe think about one of those fancy Netduma R1 gaming routers? Even a used one from years ago would be suffice (ebay).
  • digga11
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    I’ve made 2 posts that have disappeared.
    Try rebooting the router.
    Have you forwarded the ports if not try a dmz.
    Try a different lan cable.
    Have you recently rebuilt your database on the PS4 if not do it.
    Who’s you internet supplier and what router do you use
    You could try a broadband monitor test.
    DSL reports have a buffer bloat test that can be helpful as well as testing the rest of your connection.
    Think broadband do a free quality monitor test.
    If you can throttle you speed on your router by 10-15 percent to see if it helps.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    digga11 said:
    DSL reports have a buffer bloat test that can be helpful as well as testing the rest of your connection.
    If you can throttle you speed on your router by 10-15 percent to see if it helps.
    Rebooted router loads of times. Tried at least 2 cables. Done port forwarding but not DMZ. rebuild the database yesterday and reset the default settings. TalkTalk and Tp link Archer VR400. Don’t know how to do monitor test or look up DSL reports. 
  • IIRogueMachineII
    edited May 2019
    Rogue...

IMO, ping levels in the 30's and 40's should not be an issue...at all. Even when I happen to stumble into an east coast servers (85 to 90 ping), I rarely notice any hit detection issues. Sure, I'm running 22 to 25 ping on west coast servers, but again, no issues on east servers.

You said you're wired (connection speeds?), maybe think about one of those fancy Netduma R1 gaming routers? Even a used one from years ago would be suffice (ebay).
    I’ll look into that.

I guess I’m just puzzled as to why it’s happening. Had no problems in BF1 with the Germans server but in V. Went back and played 1 again and had the same issues. It might just be me, I don’t know. Just feels different to say 20 something. Connection speeds for PS4 even wired varies between 40 down and 50 odd down. Upload 10 I think can’t remember. It’s not great numbers but never had issues until the last few months especially with BFV. 
  • digga11
    digga11 said:

Rebooted router loads of times. Tried at least 2 cables. Done port forwarding but not DMZ. rebuild the database yesterday and reset the default settings. TalkTalk and Tp link Archer VR400. Don’t know how to do monitor test or look up DSL reports. 

Just google dsl reports and the tests are all there.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    digga11 said:
    digga11 said:

Thanks.
  • digga11
    digga11 said:

IIRogueMachineII wrote: »
    digga11 said:

Thanks.

Let me know the results please.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    Well it appears i have a buffer bloat issue with my upload speed, like completely all red bar. Download is the odd minimal ones. The broadband monitor test was 43mb ps download and 15mb up. 
  • digga11
    Well it appears i have a buffer bloat issue with my upload speed, like completely all red bar. Download is the odd minimal ones. The broadband monitor test was 43mb ps download and 15mb up. 
    The answer is to throttle your speed slightly.
  • digga11
    digga11 wrote: »
    Can you try another router at all
  • digga11
    digga11 wrote: »
    Or try another router
  • IIRogueMachineII
    Don't have another router to try. This one is just over a year old. How would i throttle my speed??