This Week in Battlefield V

Gold stock : Krag Jorgensen

LOLGotYerTags
13043 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
Does anybody have any tips for getting this?

The requirements are 10 headshots in one life in objective areas,  or 20 in a round in objective areas.

I've been playing breakout and sniping as attacker ( yes I know.. campity camp ) and I always seem to get around 3/4 of the way through the kills required ( 6 or 7 out of 10 ) before I am counter sniped or I run out of ammo and need to redeploy.

This unlock is really frustrating to get personally but it's my most used rifle and I like how it looks all gold.

So any hints?

Maps + modes that are best for getting this unlocked would be most helpful.

Thanks all.

Comments

• YourLocalPlumber
    2884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 20
    Try Frontlines. I've had alot of success when farming gold skins for semi auto rifles on Hamada Frontlines. You need some luck  to get a balanced game that won't be over in 10 minutes.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthrough: Fortress, Attackers on Devastation. Pray your team doesn't take A Or really push it. Go all the way to the far right under the bridge, that should give you some decent sightlines, or alternatively climb the burned out building next to what would be A In Conquest, you can climb to the very top floor which is pretty open but gives you some good shots at that scaffolding that a lot of people like to climb up on.

CQ Devastation, German deployment, hope the enemy are aggressively and go for A A lot. This is how I did my Kar 98k and Krag. Normal Breakthrough alternatively works, but as you mentioned, you've not had too much luck with that but I'd still recommend to continue trying. Oh and, if ammo is a problem, create your own squad and lock it (just personal preference, more people would get points quicker though) and just call in Fultons (resupply drops) when you run low rather than redeploying or taking a long time to run back to a resupply station.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 20
    Breakthrough - Fjell - attacker.
    That's your best chance. And probably the easiest one, just camp the hill straight in front of B flag.
  • fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    On Fjell camp in spawn. In conquest. I almost did them all that way. Just make sure you send a flare up so you know where to aim when you pop your head up to aim. English spawn is easier.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Does anybody have any tips for getting this?

The requirements are 10 headshots in one life in objective areas,  or 20 in a round in objective areas.

I've been playing breakout and sniping as attacker ( yes I know.. campity camp ) and I always seem to get around 3/4 of the way through the kills required ( 6 or 7 out of 10 ) before I am counter sniped or I run out of ammo and need to redeploy.

This unlock is really frustrating to get personally but it's my most used rifle and I like how it looks all gold.

So any hints?

Maps + modes that are best for getting this unlocked would be most helpful.

Thanks all.

Are you sure the unlock is for the stock, and not the receiver? I know that the last mastery challenges for most weapons give you the receiver, but I had no reason to believe that the bolt-action rifles were different in this regard, especially when the bolt-action medic carbines have the stock as the last unlock.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13043 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Yeah its for the stock
  • Tip_the_Cap
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 20
    For these assignments do you have to be in the objective area yourself, or are you trying to kill the enemies by shooting into those areas.

• LOLGotYerTags
    shooting into the objective areas,  You can be safely tucked away outside of the vicinity and it'll still count
  • GOA-MasterShake
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    As stated above. Fjell in Breakthrough. Spawn as attackers and go around to the left to the cliff edge pass and stop at the sign that is an "X". Prone by the rocks closest to the edge of the trail. You will now have a straight line sight to the back of two buildings closest to your team's spawn inside the B obj area. You are also protected from the enemy snipers further back inside the town. Enemies will sit behind those houses for protection from your team's attack. As they do you pop their heads.

I finished all of my bolts like this before the ability to use Combined Arms to quicken the process.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah its for the stock
    OK. What's the challenge for the receiver then? Is it something along the lines of 'Get 10 kills in a life or 20 kills in a round" with no other requirements?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah its for the stock
    OK. What's the challenge for the receiver then? Is it something along the lines of 'Get 10 kills in a life or 20 kills in a round" with no other requirements?
    All bolt-action rifles have the same types of assignments in the same order: get 12/20|30/60 kills in round|cumulative, 10/20|30/60 kills while proned in round|cumulative, 10/20|30/60 kills beyond 60 m in round|cumulative, 4/10|10/20 HS kills while proned in life|round, 4/10|10/20 HS kills in objective areas in life|round.
    But the rewards are different as far as I remember which means the final assignment for 95/30 can give you receiver but it's stock for Krag.
  • xKusagamix
    945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fortress Devastation as Attacker, get on the train track with Spotting scope and 6x scope on any of your BARs. It work wonder for me, now all of my BARs are all fully gold.
  • GP-Caliber
    644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    breakthrough on aerodome as attacker. once you get to the hangar almost every headshot counts towards the assignment.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    All bolt-action rifles have the same types of assignments in the same order: get 12/20|30/60 kills in round|cumulative, 10/20|30/60 kills while proned in round|cumulative, 10/20|30/60 kills beyond 60 m in round|cumulative, 4/10|10/20 HS kills while proned in life|round, 4/10|10/20 HS kills in objective areas in life|round.
    But the rewards are different as far as I remember which means the final assignment for 95/30 can give you receiver but it's stock for Krag.
    I just checked the challenges for the Kar98k. That rifle has it's receiver as it's last unlock.

I guess there's some sort of strange inconsistency when it comes to these rewards for bolt-action rifles.
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Try domination. The objective areas are huge and you are more likely to make kills on objectives
  • olavafar
    1959 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The ones I did with bolt action rifles, I did on Aerodrome, Conquest. Position below the tower on the 'D' side of 'C'. Then one shoot enemies inside the hangar. It requires a somewhat balanced round to work though. The enemy needs to hold the hangar but must not be so good they push and hold D. See to that you keep an eye on the right side if you shoot anybody twice, they will come after you so put out some traps and have the secondary ready and loaded.

Generally I suppose Breakthrough is the better mode for this though and the Fortress mode should be even better.
  • Hawxxeye
    5542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It will help if you got a friend on reviving duty
  • LOLGotYerTags
    edited May 29
    Finally got it,  Rotterdam map,  In the home spawn close to the water and the 2 stationary vickers machine guns on the approach to F on Conquest.

Phew.
  • ElliotLH
    8378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Finally got it,  Rotterdam map,  In the home spawn close to the water and the 2 stationary vickers machine guns on the approach to F on Conquest.

Phew.
    GG LOL.
  • Noromiz
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I got mine on Hamada Frontlines, but that is kinda impossible now :(