This Week in Battlefield V

[Megathread] Performance issues/Stutter BF5 - PC

Comments

• TFBisquit
    1622 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm guessing here it has to do with new(er) cpu's, because I don't suffer these constant stutters and/or low fps/fps drops. And I got an old cpu.
    Don't get me wrong, the game does feel sluggish after recent patch, servers feel choked, the whole game hasn't got that feel to it either, that other shooters do have.
    My games feel lagged, at least not as smooth as it was before april patch.
    It all made me think if I should finally upgrade to the i9-9900k platform. But if I read from several users their fps isn't higher than I now have, it seems a waste, at least for this game.

• DiscoPr0
    90 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just saw this megathread. Same thing here. Sluggish gameplay and random crashing since the last patch.

During my last crash to desktop I had task manager open and noticed my CPU utilization hit 100%.
  • Tortbotten
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've tried basicly everything on this list and the game is still crashing. No error messages. sometimes it crashes after 5minutes and sometimes after 1hour. 

Now trying to clear nvidia drivers for the third time and installing the 419.17 version of drivers if it helps. . . .
  • Fragfield_YT
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Up!!! It has been more than a week but we're still having the same problem..
  • HellasHades
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    my cpu doesnt even  reach 100% but it doesnt matter , game still stutters while before the update of 23of may i was playing smoothly 99% of the time...
  • PhoCZem
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Performance of this game is going to **** more and more with every patch, i fixed my net issues finally, havent played 2 weeks and i have little lags and stutter....this game is worse and worse with every patch. I think i will wait with next BF game before i buy it...this is ridiculous. Game is getting worse and worse with every update...
  • zterrans
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Came back to the game to find this issue.  Nothing else has any trouble, but BFV has those random stutters.  Seems mostly to happen when near explosions, but only the old explosions, as the new tank death animations (when they trigger), don't seem to cause it to happen.  Been kind of hard to play as it loves to hit while I am in a firefight (makes sense, there tend to be explosions near those), and losing proper tracking for a second is more than enough to kill you.
  • 7y7h9898
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Hi my pc.

9900K stock turbo 4.7 . All auto settings in bios. Noctua NH-D15 .Temps 60-70C

2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000 XMP
    Corsair 850RmX

Aorus 2080 Ti Xtreme , no oc,stock.

All stress tests passing fine. I dont have any crashes in game.

But yesterday i go out to work, and i left running game BF 5. When i back,game was running 18 hours,and after 18 hours it crashed to desktop. Event viewer nothing . No error message,no display crash. Just exit to desktop. 

Game just was on 18 hours,and after moment it go to desktop withour error message. Now i am testing again and see if i can reproduce.

Is this reason to worry?My drivers are the newest.

• xKusagamix
    945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not you hardware, it's the game.

Random crash without any message is a known bug.
  • 7y7h9898
    Event viewer nothing . No app crash, no driver crash. Just normal game exited after 18 hours ,weird. Maybe some timer on idling heh.
  • Luke88gw
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is Mercury the worst map in terms of performance? It seems pretty light for GPU but CPU is what causes drops in my case. I cant mantain stable 16.6ms. Every minute I have dropping frames or frametime (like 17.3 instead of 16.6). Yes, my CPU is under the minimum requirments (i5 7400) but other maps are stable in 99% when I lock at 60 with all low settings. 
  • Wboson
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Was thinking my CPU is to blame, but tried out NFS which used to have huge FPS drops but after switching to i7 was smooth, so I didn´t even have to turn FreeSync on.

This game- pre-patch with i5 with med-high 45-60FPS
    After latest patch- i7 with all turned to LOW and still getting 45-60FPS, with such bad frame pacing my eyes start to hurt.
    Pre-patch with i7 med-high and quite smooth 75-90 FPS.

GPU running always on 100%, CPU 75%+. Something just bombards the GPU with useless info. I know my FuryX can do much better, as it did pre-patch...

PS. Now you can enjoy the full RayTracing experience without even turning RT ON, you get half the FPS anyways, only with BFV;)

I noticed more mist\smoke is added to the game? Is it possible to turn the quality to lower quality. I noticed than whenever I drifted and burnt tires in NFS my FPS tanked a lot also...

• Luke88gw
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ^ Are you sure future frame rendering is on? 
  • TFBisquit
    1622 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sometimes it crashes to desktop. As long as it's not every day you're fine.
  • 7y7h9898

Event viewer said nothing. Just game close to desktop. Nothing about app crash or driver crash.

I left game running again ,i am on 20 hour and not closed anymore. Weird. 

• G-Gnu
    1412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I got this after the last patch, i have had this earlier but so few times it might have been something else back then. 
    Now it will happen after a few rounds. Something on the client side just stops working with no report at all. 
  • 7y7h9898
    But i had that on campaign singleplayer. Anyway it can be related to client origin?:)
  • Chaith1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's always crashing without errors for me, I have a r7 1700 and gtx 1080 all running stock. Nothing in event viewer, just happens at random times.
  • Picharski
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because the game is built upon the DX11 api and not the native DX12 api (from what I read) so there is an optimization and compatibility problems. That is why people are getting stuttering and issues on DX12, even more with older CPU's due to the processors being pegged at 100%. DX11 is more stable  but cannot pull as many frames (I don't experience crashing so I cannot comment on that).  
  • SteveZee
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So when you came home it you noticed your desktop and not the game? Or did it crash after you started to use it?