[Megathread] Performance issues/Stutter BF5 - PC

Comments

• MsieurLeodagan
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    zterrans said:
    Came back to the game to find this issue.  Nothing else has any trouble, but BFV has those random stutters.  Seems mostly to happen when near explosions, but only the old explosions, as the new tank death animations (when they trigger), don't seem to cause it to happen.  Been kind of hard to play as it loves to hit while I am in a firefight (makes sense, there tend to be explosions near those), and losing proper tracking for a second is more than enough to kill you.
    You also have "lag" explosion? Or sometimes stuttering sound. 
  • 7y7h9898
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    I back to home and game was still running. Just in  near 3 midnight  ( it was 18 hour when game was running ) exit to desktop without error. Still i didnt touch mouse,game just was running,standing in the same place.

I just find this on event viewer ,something about this:
    "the access history in hive cleared windowsshell"

But that doesnt matter?

Post edited by 7y7h9898 on
  • Seven7mm1985
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    From BFV reddit:  "Something that we wasn't able to work into this update was a resolution to the Stuttering issues encountered by Players. I chatted with the teams about this last week, and our Engineers believe that they're making good progress on the problem. We'll have more updates about this the instant that we can provide them. For now we just wanted to ensure that you understood that we view this as a High Priority for us to fix, but will not be addressed as a part of Update #5."
  • zterrans
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    zterrans said:
    Came back to the game to find this issue.  Nothing else has any trouble, but BFV has those random stutters.  Seems mostly to happen when near explosions, but only the old explosions, as the new tank death animations (when they trigger), don't seem to cause it to happen.  Been kind of hard to play as it loves to hit while I am in a firefight (makes sense, there tend to be explosions near those), and losing proper tracking for a second is more than enough to kill you.

You also have "lag" explosion? Or sometimes stuttering sound. 

No sound issues outside the forever plane bug, just that random stuttering. Fps claims it's a drop to just 80fps, but it freezes for a second when it does.
  • MsieurLeodagan
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    You use audio chipset Realtek or dedicated sound card?

My computer : 

-Gigabyte Z390-UD. 
    -I5 9600K (no oc) 
    -16Go DDR4 @ 3000mhz (test with XMP Profil or no)
    -KFA2 RTX 2070 EX (1-Click OC) White. 
    -SSD Smasung 240Go. 
    -SSD Crucial 230Go. 
    -FSP Hydro 700w. 
    -Logitech G213 & G402 (keyboard and mouse)
    -Ecran Acer Predator 144hz G-sync. 

I go on all possible forums to try to find a solution. I was so angry that I had uninstalled the game  :p
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Regardless of his opinions, I see levelcap has mentioned it on his latest video

• Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This stuttering had always affected me since release. It mainly happens most noticeably when I'm in a CQB gunfight. I'll fire at someone he will fire at me and there'll be a momentary shuddering which throws off aim.

It's very annoying. Almost seems like the game is trying to fetch assets while in the middle of something critical.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Last patch absolutely nuked stability... CTD about every other round. 
  • checcocarbo
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It' s dx12 after last patch, I have same problem now. After disabling and come back to dx11 no crash. That' s frustrating. I7 7700k, GTX 1080ti default,16GB 3200 no OC.
  • 7y7h9898
    edited June 4
    I have auto voltages in uefi,clock of 9900K is 4.7 .

It happened exit to desktop without error message, just once ,weird. Now i left game running and i am on 40 hour without exit to desktop . :) 
    Anyway maybe it was because voltages are in auto or rather not?

• xKusagamix
    1033 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    7y7h9898 wrote: »
    I have auto voltages in uefi,clock of 9900K is 4.7 .

It happened exit to desktop without error message, just once ,weird. Now i left game running and i am on 40 hour without exit to desktop . :) 
    Anyway maybe it was because voltages are in auto or rather not?
    It's not a hardware issue, because it happen for a lot of variety of hardwares for a lot of people, even if everthing is left at stock setting, it happen for both AMD and Intel users.

It could happen like 5 times in less than an hour but sometime you can play BFV for hours and it never crash.
  • TFBisquit
    1767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Auto voltage usually feeds more to the cpu, which increases stability, but also increases heat. Having it run for so many hours, and while looking at the menu seeing the gpu and cpu working full load, could rise the temps and create instability overall.
  • 7y7h9898
    But i left game again 2xtimes for 20 hours and again not crashed. So i dont know why it happened once after 18 hours first time.
  • SteveZee
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 4
    7y7h9898 said:
    But i left game again 2xtimes for 20 hours and again not crashed. So i dont know why it happened once after 18 hours first time.
    Could be a fluke of some kind. Ive crashed only once in game while playing since i bought this game. And never since.

If you really want to know , check reliability history (type that into cortana). Check event viewer aswell to see if that missed anything. Filter by date or application.
  • SteveZee
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 4
    This is a known issue. They are working on a fix.

"Something that we wasn't able to work into this update was a resolution to the Stuttering issues encountered by Players. I chatted with the teams about this last week, and our Engineers believe that they're making good progress on the problem. We'll have more updates about this the instant that we can provide them. For now we just wanted to ensure that you understood that we view this as a High Priority for us to fix, but will not be addressed as a part of Update #5."
  • CrashCA
    1103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is just SAD from a triple AAA game
  • MsieurLeodagan
    JPhysics said:
    Regardless of his opinions, I see levelcap has mentioned it on his latest video

Exactly 
  • 7y7h9898
    edited June 4
    yeah i checked and nothing in event. 0 

Maybe it was something with Origin? When i manually close game,always i see a desktop and then Origin will pop up.
    This time i saw Origin at start when game close iself/crash.
    Post edited by 7y7h9898 on
  • Jinko_itx
    743 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I believe it is Windows 10 and not the game so much, something is not sitting right with DX 12 and certain games as game exits without notice not just this game but also it happened on another game too, but the rest of my library is fine, I think the DX 12 implementation on a game built on DX 11 is causing Windows to close the game
  • xKusagamix
    1033 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 5
    Jinko_itx wrote: »
    I believe it is Windows 10 and not the game so much, something is not sitting right with DX 12 and certain games as game exits without notice not just this game but also it happened on another game too, but the rest of my library is fine, I think the DX 12 implementation on a game built on DX 11 is causing Windows to close the game
    It's not true, im playing BFV with DX11 and the only game in my Steam and Orgin account that crash for no reason without any error pop up is BFV. BF1 is still fine.

The fact that there no error pop up in events viewer show that it act as a normal quit than a crash.