[Megathread] Performance issues/Stutter BF5 - PC

Comments

• 7y7h9898
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 5
    Exactly. When i checked event viewer in moment when game close itself there was nothing in event. No app crash,no driver crash. So basically we cant call this crash,but game or origin exited game.
    Also i tried to reproduce this glitch but nothing. I left game again 3 times for 24 hours ( overall 72 hours ) and not quitted. Weird i dont know it happened earlier.

It was not caused by auto voltage on stock 9900k? ( 4.7 ghz )
  • xKusagamix
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    7y7h9898 wrote: »
    Exactly. When i checked event viewer in moment when game close itself there was nothing in event. No app crash,no driver crash. So basically we cant call this crash,but game or origin exited game.Also i tried to reproduce this glitch but nothing. I left game again 3 times for 24 hours ( overall 72 hours ) and not quitted. Weird i dont know it happened earlier.

It was not caused by auto voltage on stock 9900k? ( 4.7 ghz )
    No, it couldn't, most of CPU instability will hang or crash the whole computer, not just crashing apps or games. The most important thing is an auto voltage or a stock setting will never crash because of instability.

This issue happened to me too and my 2700X is also at stock, infact this issue happen only with BFV. The first day the Fortress mode was added to the game, BFV crashed 5 times in less than an hour for me, it's almost 10 minutes each, and then it stop.
  • 7y7h9898
    Also i hadnt nothing in event viewer. My 9900K is on stock ( 4.7 turbo in game ).
    So it was not related to auto voltage? You said stock will be fine on auto.
     And yeah it happened just once. 

• xKusagamix
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also i hadnt nothing in event viewer. My 9900K is on stock ( 4.7 turbo in game ).
    So it was not related to auto voltage? You said stock will be fine on auto.
     And yeah it happened just once. 
    Stock setting is designed to simply work, no matter what task. Even when your CPU is too hot it'll just throttle down to keep the targeted temperature.

My 2700X at stock will sometime go higher than 1.4v just to keep the highest clock and the most stable CPU performance, it shouldn't crash with that kind of voltage, but yet BFV still crash for no reason.

Playing BF1 with even higher temp (it's weird but CPU temperature is significantly higher while playing BF1 than BFV), or Stress testing my 2700X with Intel burn test that will make any core to maximum usage with AVX, 83c and 100% CPU load which cause even more heat but everything else are still fine.
  • 7y7h9898
    So if this is auto voltage and game is avx should be fine?
  • xKusagamix
    So if this is auto voltage and game is avx should be fine?
    It should always be fine with everything at stock setting.
  • SteveZee
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 5
    7y7h9898 said:
    yeah i checked and nothing in event. 0 

Maybe it was something with Origin? When i manually close game,always i see a desktop and then Origin will pop up.
    This time i saw Origin at start when game close iself/crash.
    Did you check reliability  history? Type that into cortana to run it specifically. That's different than event viewer. It might pick up something you missed. The only other possibility is that origin caused the crash and simply caught the event, preventing it from being logged by the system. Maybe that's logged somewhere else. Who knows.
  • SteveZee
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah have you run stress tests before on your system? Might not hurt to try and run one for an hour or so when you're home and not using your PC. Sometimes it can find instability somewhere.
  • 7y7h9898
    edited June 5
    Or maybe it was XMP issue or fluke? I have only XMP enabled. Also i doubt it :)  

Also Cortana its the same like event viewer. If nothing catched in event viewer in Cortana too. But maybe i will check Cortana to be sure. Also it happened once now i am 80 hour in game and not single crash like that. 

I can check REALBENCH for 1 hour to be sure if all is ok , i tried for 15 min and all was fine.
  • Bryjo3
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh wrote: »
    This stuttering had always affected me since release. It mainly happens most noticeably when I'm in a CQB gunfight. I'll fire at someone he will fire at me and there'll be a momentary shuddering which throws off aim.

It's very annoying. Almost seems like the game is trying to fetch assets while in the middle of something critical.

Same here. I have had issues regardless of settings (although everything on low seems to be better but looks awful. The frames are fine, but the game will stutter at the worst times. The best settings I have found is limiting the game to 60 fps and turning FFR on.

• Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll try those settings later. Thanks for the feedback mate.
  • iCloverZ
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have been using FPS limit 60 with FFR off and its better but I face screen tearing. 
  • Bryjo3
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    iCloverZ said:
    I have been using FPS limit 60 with FFR off and its better but I face screen tearing. 

The recent patch with the recent Windows update seems to have smoothed out the game for me. 1080/7700k.
  • duendemago
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Vysnc On: Cpu usage goes to 70%. games runs kind of smooth, it is a playable experience, not awsome, just playable and so so enyojable
    Vync Off: Cpu usage goes to 100% and a very low GPU usage, games runs like ****

With Vsync On: I can play game at ultra or high no changes in the consistency of FPS, but yes, some micro sutters here and there, but those have been at my game since march 2019.
    With Vsync Off: No matter the settings, the fps wont pass 110 FPS with terrible FPS drops and stutter very frecuently, the bottleneck begins at this point, don't know why
    I58400 hexacore
    Rog Strix 2060
    16gb of ram
    Windows 10 may update
    All drivers up to date

This bottleneck issue has been replicated in higher end rigs with 1080ti and I7 8700 and so on. Something is bottlenecking the game with Vsync off. Try to play with Vsync and see the CPU usage with and without that setting. Post results here.
  • Pro_b0
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am sure you guys have checked this already, but I had pretty bad performance the past couple of weeks and it turns out, that BFV switched my graphics settings all by itself to “highest fidelity” which included the witch of future frame rendering, making the game run terrible.

After reverting to my old settings everything runs great again :)
  • SteveZee
    7y7h9898 said:
    Or maybe it was XMP issue or fluke? I have only XMP enabled. Also i doubt it :)  

Also Cortana its the same like event viewer. If nothing catched in event viewer in Cortana too. But maybe i will check Cortana to be sure. Also it happened once now i am 80 hour in game and not single crash like that. 

I can check REALBENCH for 1 hour to be sure if all is ok , i tried for 15 min and all was fine.
    For sure. Ive had crashes a few times, and never since.
  • choppernNZ
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    See thought it was all down to peoples settings.. I've alll ways had vsync on and capped at 117fps and screen set to 120hz gysnc on and no issues with high cpu usage
  • Jinko_itx
    743 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jinko_itx wrote: »
    I believe it is Windows 10 and not the game so much, something is not sitting right with DX 12 and certain games as game exits without notice not just this game but also it happened on another game too, but the rest of my library is fine, I think the DX 12 implementation on a game built on DX 11 is causing Windows to close the game
    It's not true, im playing BFV with DX11 and the only game in my Steam and Orgin account that crash for no reason without any error pop up is BFV. BF1 is still fine.

The fact that there no error pop up in events viewer show that it act as a normal quit than a crash.
    I didn't say you have to be playing on DX 12, I'm saying the games that were built on DX 11 but has DX 12 implemented in the game seem to be susceptible of this crashing without notice
  • xKusagamix
    Jinko_itx said:
    Jinko_itx wrote: »
    I believe it is Windows 10 and not the game so much, something is not sitting right with DX 12 and certain games as game exits without notice not just this game but also it happened on another game too, but the rest of my library is fine, I think the DX 12 implementation on a game built on DX 11 is causing Windows to close the game
    It's not true, im playing BFV with DX11 and the only game in my Steam and Orgin account that crash for no reason without any error pop up is BFV. BF1 is still fine.

The fact that there no error pop up in events viewer show that it act as a normal quit than a crash.
    I didn't say you have to be playing on DX 12, I'm saying the games that were built on DX 11 but has DX 12 implemented in the game seem to be susceptible of this crashing without notice
    But then again, BF1 didn't have this kind of problem and it used both DX11 and DX12.
  • 7y7h9898
    Hey maybe it was something with Origin? That was 2 june near 3 am. Maybe some update or something? But like i said it just exit and i dont saw anything was updated in Origin. Can i check that maybe somewhere?