[Megathread] Performance issues/Stutter BF5 - PC

Comments

• CartierOne
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 15
    Hello,so with the new Update(hotfix) now the dx12 is working 100% fine and good, no Freez, noStutter but now i get alot of crush in the game.
    When i play with the Rtx on i don't have any Stutter  just alot of Freez and alot of crush in the game,do you have any new hotfix from nvidia maybe ? 
    I'm using now the last update from Nvidia 431.36.
  • EDK-Rise
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hello,so with the new Update(hotfix) now the dx12 is working 100% fine and good, no Freez, noStutter but now i get alot of crush in the game.
    When i play with the Rtx on i don't have any Stutter  just alot of Freez and alot of crush in the game,do you have any new hotfix from nvidia maybe ? 
    I'm using now the last update from Nvidia 431.36.
    Install latest windows 10 v1803 (17134.885) and nvidia driver 425.31. it fixed crash issue completely. notice windows 10 v1803 haven't RTX feature.
  • Nzz1
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Still CTD 
  • MsieurLeodagan
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 16
    Same problem for me,  again and always stuttering, "lag" explosion or micro freezes : 

I have formatted several times, so several clean installation. I had I5 9600K, I changed for I7 9700K

I used audio chipset Realtek, I changed for sound car Asus Xonar AE (I disable chipset in bios)

I changed my power supply. 

I tested several driver nvidia, clean installation with DDU or without DDU.

When I do clean installation windows, I only install battlefield V. Anyway on my pc, I only install my games. No external HDD.

I tested other mouse and keyboard., I tested all the settings games....etc

A few minutes, I still made a video with this problem :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZjzVwGX5pE

Post edited by MsieurLeodagan on
  • OskooI_007
    711 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 17
    Same problem for me,  again and always stuttering, "lag" explosion or micro freezes

I notice your ram usage starts increasing when the stutters happen. You try clearing Windows Standby List?

Also try DX11 with Future Frame Rendering (FFR) enabled, instead of DX12.
    Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • IIIZiPIII
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The game is just broken DICE is really trying their hardest to kill the game so that we all move over to CALL OF DUTY . This game for me at least is the worst in the franchise it terms of not even fun to play for more than one hour tops putting up with all the problems from stuttering to low fps drops to bugs in game ,it is riddled with bugs that will never be fix ,DICE will go down in history as the gaming company that only puts out buggy games .Stop adding things to make money and get on with fixing this game .Or lose you player base ,We all want DICE to build this game and make the best it can be but I feel that dice are just going round and round not getting anywhere .The patch at the end of the month is do or die ,If that does not fix this game then players will start to leave I for one have lost HOPE in DICE !! , I know players say the sound in BF games is amazing one thing for me after playing many other games like Apex / battlegrounds and many other games the directional audio in BFV is really poor when compared to them maybe its bugged who knows .
  • MsieurLeodagan
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 17
    Same problem for me,  again and always stuttering, "lag" explosion or micro freezes

I notice your ram usage starts increasing when the stutters happen. You try clearing Windows Standby List?

Also try DX11 with Future Frame Rendering (FFR) enabled, instead of DX12.

Yea I sayed : "I tested all the settings games" (dx11, low settings, FFR off or on, Vsynch on and off....etc)
    And I use rammamp and ISLC.
     My other games no problems. 
  • StingX71
    814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same problem for me,  again and always stuttering, "lag" explosion or micro freezes : 

I have formatted several times, so several clean installation. I had I5 9600K, I changed for I7 9700K

I used audio chipset Realtek, I changed for sound car Asus Xonar AE (I disable chipset in bios)

I changed my power supply. 

I tested several driver nvidia, clean installation with DDU or without DDU.

When I do clean installation windows, I only install battlefield V. Anyway on my pc, I only install my games. No external HDD.

I tested other mouse and keyboard., I tested all the settings games....etc

A few minutes, I still made a video with this problem :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZjzVwGX5pE

Grasping at straws here, did you turn off "Origin In-Game".  Under "More" menu. Seems to helped few of my friends. 
  • Monichainchanhi
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 21
    So I don't know what's going on, I've played maybe 5 games of Arras and every time it gets below 200 tickets the game starts imploding. Haven't had it happen on other maps, but I can restart my computer, join an Arras game, and it will still happen regardless. It will continue indefinitely until either the game ends or alt-tabbing. If a new map loads up, there are no issues still present.

At first I thought it was because the commit charge was exceeding my physical memory, or that the pagefile was too small - but then it also happened at 14gb compared to the other times it was around 15.7-9gb, didn't matter if I set it manually or if I let Windows manage it.

There's absolutely nothing in any monitoring software that would indicate a hardware problem. The game runs just fine until this point and the time spent in game doesn't matter, only how close it is to being over, and as I said it happens at the same point each time.

I don't want troubleshooting, only to know if anyone has seen a similar pattern on their perfoverlay.drawgraph 1

I play in dx12

It seems like it happens when a rocket lands at E and can't handle the buildings being destroyed, I don't know why it remains in the same state after though

Post edited by Monichainchanhi on
  • Toxile
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had some of the same issues, turned out that windows or whatever had changed my ram settings and switched my cpu profile to balanced mode rather than the performance mode i had previously selected. My ram was also down to 2133 to which it was supposed to be 3000.
    Shot in the dark but double check those settings if you have not already.