[Megathread] Performance issues/Stutter BF5 - PC

Comments

• Chickenteabear
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This might seems crazy, but I opened Origin ran the game. Closed it and then ran the game again through NVidia experience with origin still open and I got no crashes and my good 90 - 110 fps back rather than the 40-50 i was getting previously. Could just be a coincidence though
  • SturmKliest
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have had this game for about 2 weeks now, at first it ran pretty well, no crashes. All of a sudden it will load and I can play for about 5 to ten minutes and it locks up the screen, then gives windows warning that it will send message to MS Windows and get back to me, and of course they never do.

My rig is brand new only less then a month old, running a i9-9900K 16 gig and a NVIDIA RTX 2070 8 gig, I have tried re-installing the game, reinstalling NVIDIA drivers, with and without the Geforce. Experience.

Tried altlering virtual ram, tried turning off anti-virus and other software that may interfere..........Nothing, it still locks up and on the Rotterdam map I am getting giant snow flakes on the screen before the lockup.

WTF, is there a fix and if not so, how do I get my money back, at least you can to that on Steam?
  • armthedarK
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had startup problems, (black screen then crash) and I disabled directX12 and it worked! Not the point exactly, because I want to get Ray Tracing to work. Anyone got any ideas?
  • SirScrotoSaggins
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So Ive been having problems with this since I built this machine, nothing else has been crashing just BF5 and when it first started would shutdown my whole machine. I've been appling tweaks, I returned my first video card I purchased, I've disassembled and reassembled my machine trying different thermal pastes and I think that Ive pretty much narrowed it down to driver issues.

My machine is a Ryzen 7 2700, RX vega 64 and an Asus Prime x470-pro with 16gbs of ram and a 1tb SSD. With the AMD driver 19.1.1 from 21 Jan 19 my computer works and has no crashes, if I update to any other driver the random crashes in BF5 comes back. I updated to the 19.2.3 AMD driver and the crashes came back with a message the the video (Radeon global settings WattMan) reset due to a driver crash, once again reinstalled the 19.1.1 and was back to playing for hours crash free.
  • JoSa75
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What help me, i disabled gaming mode from windows (10) No crash after that.
  • BrunOega
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This will work for you. Reset the audio in BF and change it to wartapes FROM stereo or headphones, whether what setting you have there.
  • Citarand
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I had the same kind of issues. Removing "Intel Rapid Storage Drivers" fixed the problem for me. I believe the drivers are needed for Raid on Intel controllers... Also lowers power consumption and allows caching on some Intel SSDs. Otherwise you don't need them.
  • illojuippi
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can only finish about 1 out of three games without crashing. The screen freezes for a few seconds and then the game closes without any error message. This problem started with the latest patch like with many others, earlier I had only few crashes in 100+ hours of gametime. Tried a few fixes but nothing seems to help. It seems like its time to move to other games, which is a shame because I really enjoy this game, and was looking forward to the upcoming firestorm update. I'll just check the forums later to see if anyone is claiming they fixed this and I might start playing again.
  • xO8BALL
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    have you tried turning future frame rendering of
  • xO8BALL
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i have a ryzen 2700x and this seems to work download http://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/visual_c_runtime_installer.html
    Visual C++ Runtime Installer (All-In-One) v56
  • BlindChance
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 13
    No offence, you are clearly trying to help, but beyond clearing the Origin cache files (which is still questionable) none of these actions is going to fix BFV crashing, the same way as it was with BF1 crashing with DEVICE_REMOVED DirectX error. Those issues are down to DICE poor coding and QA testing standards, whatever in these games or the Frostbite engine. Clearing cache, switching off firewall or AV won't fix these.
  • SnoopTrooper187
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Seems like a lot of Amd Ryzen that are crashing. I have 1700 Ryzen 1060nvidia 32gb ram

Im Crashing for awhile now but more often since the latest patch. Ive tried all above steps and more still no luck.
  • ViolentMinds
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 14
    I honestly doubt its got anything to do with DX12.

I've been having the same issues since the latest patch and I'm on W7 DX11.
    I cleared Origin cache and turned off FFR and all that and it makes zero difference. Running as Admin makes zero difference. Old GPU drivers versus the latest makes no diff. Nothing works. Reinstalling game didnt work either. Putting it onto another hard drive. Nothing. You know why? Because the damn game is broken. I dont crash in any other game even BF1. Its only since the last patch and I havent made any computer changes. I give up. Until the next patch comes out I'm done playing. Hope it fixes it.
  • TapperSweden
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • bLuEwInG26
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I finally resolved my random blue screens in DX11 mode and random desktop exits in DX12 mode.

My rig consists of a watercooled & overclocked i7 8086K at 5GHz. Although temps rarely go beyond 35c at full load, i noticed that my VCORE didn't stay at 1.35V as intended and dropped quite a bit. So i switched LLC from AUTO to Performance mode or similar (more aggressive in keeping your vcore settings as intended) and hey presto, NO MORE CRASHES.
    It usually used to crash (blue screens with anything from IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL to SYSTEM_EXCEPTION) soon after joining any online mode, and after a restart it played OK and crashed again after 30-60 minutes so it was very inconsistent at crashing.
    Now my VCORE are stable, it didn't crash once at both DX11 & DX12 mode and i played for over 3 hours at a time. Stable as rock for me now.
    I hope this helps someone who's rig is overclocked and having similar issues. It may also help anyone who's rig isn't overclocked but could do with a more stable "supply" of vcore to their CPU.

• NrthrnLghts
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey if u guys have a ryzen system and have updated bios/chipset/drivers/etc... and still are having issues try going into ur bios and disabling Opcache. It's the only thing that fixes it for me. Good luck hope it helps.
  • xO8BALL
    edited March 20
    ryzen 2700 x 2080 running 2 k medium rtx dlss on i manage to get it working by going into nvidia control panel manage 3dsettings programme settings bfv and turning theaded optomization of
  • 54n53j
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 5
    I've Fixed That freezing and crashing to desktop. Only resetting origin didn't help. What I've done was. I did clear origin cache. then I removed NVidia driver using DDU but in safe mode. Then I removed other than EA anti cheat software from windows registry. If you click Win+r and type in msconfig go to services check hide all Microsoft services and look for unknown or weird services write them down and locate them in windows/ system 32 . Main I was worried about was Mail.ru. but I had two more which I removed. You can only remove them from windows registry as they don't appear in installed programs. I tried many things before but it was still crashing. All above fixed all the problems, I'm gaming for 2 weeks already without single crash.
    Update:
    Hi. I just bought new NVMe m.2 drive for fresh windows10 install to eliminate other software compatibility , and all games are installed on another NVMe M.2. all I got installed on my PC is BFV and The Division 2 and only software I need for my motherboard. I played about 2hrs and crash again. PC is only 6mnths old with premium parts so I got no Idea what's wrong. Here's error :
    bfv.exe

5ca2316b

KERNELBASE.dll

d620e319

887a0006

01d4eb7d680042e7

\Program Files (x86)\Battlefield V\bfv.exe

C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

af86f608-1ff6-4362-8c53-e622e2ad0c04

I'm fed up with this game now all we get is either patch which brakes other things or crashes to desktop plus unbalanced gameplay.
    Post edited by 54n53j on
  • Neothebeast2
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello guys,
    Just a quick note to everyone who is still struggling, my game crashed basicly every hours 45 mns...
    I tried a lot **** like clearing cache, etc...
    And I decided to reinstall the lastest Nvidia video card driver, and it worked wonderfully.
    If that could help someone fell free to try :)
  • Mhill2029
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello guys,
    Just a quick note to everyone who is still struggling, my game crashed basicly every hours 45 mns...
    I tried a lot **** like clearing cache, etc...
    And I decided to reinstall the lastest Nvidia video card driver, and it worked wonderfully.
    If that could help someone fell free to try :)

I had no problems for 500hrs until I changed my nvidia driver.

I've had no problems on 417.01 apart from one isolated crash which may have been a glitch and didn't refer to the same KERNELBASE.DLL I see in any driver around 419.xx onwards. I been playing happily for a long time now on 417.01 and apart from that initial crash it's never occurred again. Until I thought, ooh i'll try the latest Nvidia Drivers 425.31 and low and behold I played 3 or 4 matches and returned to the main menu. And CTD.... referring to KERNELBASE.DLL

Nvidia drivers are definitely responsible for this CTD.

Btw: I always use DDU to remove my drivers, i've even resorted to a complete re-install of the OS, and tested drives for corruption. And i only ever install the Nvidia driver + Physx Component.