Weekly BF

[Megathread] Performance issues/Stutter BF5 - PC

Comments

• Shakecip
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey guys, i have a 6700k oc to 4.5 ghzm 16 gb ram, 2070 rtx, and in this game i get bad frame phasing, i tried with ultra and low settings but no dice even if the fps is high i get bad frame phasing, stutters and hitching. Is is because of my cpu? Here is some videos on mine and you can se in the left corner bellow that i get high frametime.
    Here are the link:
    1.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIuJOOJGRUE
    2.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9_wV-z-MXI&t=4s
    3.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOCECERso0M&t=15s

• Sw1ts
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe the OC its unstable,switch back to default.Why do u use FFR ON when u have DX12 On?Its for DX11,turn it OFF.Turn Off DXR too,eats a lot from GPU its not well optimized yet.In Nvidia Control Panel - Manage 3D Settings - Program Settings - (choose the game BFV)-Power Management Mode - set to Prefer Maximum Performance.Try these settings and let us know about if something changed.
  • Shakecip
    I tried without oc, ffr on off, dx12,dx11, when i turn dxr off is a little better.
  • uz_bolderaju
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    cpu usage in first video over 90% ?!
  • Sw1ts
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    cpu usage in first video over 90% ?!
    Yes because the 6700k has only 4 core with 8 threads,the game is very cpu hungry so 6 cores would be better.I have i5 8400 Coffe Lake and i hit 70-75% cpu usage with fixed frame rate at 120.
  • Shakecip
    But i see other videos on youtube with 6700k and 2060 or 2080 rtx and they don"t have stutters like i do.
  • TFBisquit
    1721 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have no stutters with an i7-2600K. Only dx12 gives the occasional hitch once or twice per round.
    Windows 1903 could be causing this though, try various drivers, older could be better for you. In any case, the latest isn't always the greatest.
  • SteveZee
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2
    Have you checked to see what's using your CPU when you run BFV? YOu have nothing else running in the background?

My Ram usage never seems to go much about 8 GB, yet you seem to have more RAM used. It may be somethings loaded that's eating up space effecting swap behavior or eating up CPU cycles.

Try a clean boot and see if that helps it.

Check your HD activity during gameplay aswell. 
    Post edited by SteveZee on
  • SteveZee
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2
    Another thing to try is to run something like HWmonitor and check all the cores frequency to see if anything is getting throttled.

Testing Ram wouldn't be out of the question either. Make sure its set properly and is functioning normally.

Run intel processor diagnostic tool, if its still available. 
  • Shakecip
    edited May 2
    I did all that memtest 24 hours, hw monitor all cores about 65 degrees celsius in battlefield, intel diagnostic tool, occt, prime95 all passes with no error and no throttling. I see nothing to work in background, i have bitdefender but i don't see any cpu usage and hdd activity is very low like 1-2% and the game is installed on my nvme.
  • SteveZee
    edited May 2
    If all is well then you should try a clean boot and see if it fixes your problem. Does the HD light up when it stutters? If so, then its a swapping issue. The only other issue might be your system bus/memory bus having issues.

Try resetting bios to defaults and try it again w/ no overclock.
  • Shakecip
    edited May 2
    Actualy yes when it stutters my hdd is blinking but it isn't so hard the blinking and the usage is around 1-5%. If it is a swapping issue how do i resolve it?
    Post edited by Shakecip on
  • TFBisquit
    1721 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A fixed pagefile of 4096GB?
  • Shakecip
    Well my pagefile is automaticly set at 4933 mb.
  • TFBisquit
    edited May 2
    Yeah I meant MB. But when fixed value, it won't grow or shrink. Sometimes it helps avoiding pagefile swapping.
    It's also worth a try to first only have it assigned to your fastest drive.
  • Rex_Holez
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have a, i8700k, 2080 and 16GB of ram @ 4133mhz so theoretically I should not lag ever but a few times since the patch I have. Once was when i tried to check out spectator for the first time it lagged horribly, and also crashed to the desktop. I then went to actually play and for like 30 seconds I swear I was getting less than 5fps it was pretty funny actually how awful it was. It has only happened 2 other times I think but only for a few seconds. 
  • MURLAV
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Has anyone else have that issue?
  • Tuco_Ramirez_1
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I had the game running great on Tuesday and now its stuttering with fps drops. Every day is a different performance and I cannot fathom it out. Close to uninstalling it now.
  • freakslade
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 10
  • MURLAV
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 10
    I had the game running great on Tuesday and now its stuttering with fps drops. Every day is a different performance and I cannot fathom it out. Close to uninstalling it now.
    The same here.Checked the other games,no problem,smooth as it should be.