Weekly Debrief

[Megathread] Performance issues/Stutter BF5 - PC

Comments

• karnak07
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    unplayable
  • TFBisquit
    1640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Strange how I experience the same but keep my fps between 80 and 100. Feels sluggish and laggy at ping 16ms.
    Almost like the servers are choking.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Starting to think this is a server side issue.
  • Colonel_Kilgore1
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    no it's definitely my fps, not server
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JPhysics said:
    Tried it yesterday, and again today.
    Wow .... just wow
    There is no way to describe the performance without it being censored.   
    It's really bad mate, something is really seriously wrong with the latest patch. FPS has dropped through the floor and the hitching and stuttering makes it impossible to play. I tried Squad Conquest and it's diabolical - it was always smooth.

It's actually worse than last night, it's FUBAR
    For sure man, I raised this in another thread today and one of the Dice team acknowledged the reporting of it, but you know how it is .... we'll wait ages before they find a fix and then we'll have to wait until next patch or there after before they resolve it (fingers crossed).  Other studio's roll back patches that cause more harm than good, I'm not aware of the reasons why they don't do the same.
  • Zavrix1
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My game is running much better after last patch, the patch before made the game unplayable for me but this one is running smooth, weird!
  • deC9r
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the game stutters when you eliminate enemies with vehicles. On PC it happens a lot after the patch of 23.

This started the update of May 23 and also happens on PC.

The worst thing is that they will make us wait a month for this to be solved

Lags occure due to the assignment tracker, a temp fix is to disable all assignments.
  • zenn_nme
    807 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:
    Strange how I experience the same but keep my fps between 80 and 100. Feels sluggish and laggy at ping 16ms.
    Same here; sluggish.
  • oOAlphawolfOo
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same to me. Let us choose lower graphic.
    doesn't help. Even on lowest graphics it is unplayable right now (DX11 / DX12 both unplayable - dx12 runs even worse)

it was quite fine (limited it to 75 FPS) before the latest patch and now FPS drop to 40 FPS with additional stuttering (like 1 FPS for a second)

please backroll the patch, i can not play anymore until this is fixed
  • MinusTheGaming
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    deC9r said:
    the game stutters when you eliminate enemies with vehicles. On PC it happens a lot after the patch of 23.

Lags occure due to the assignment tracker, a temp fix is to disable all assignments.
    How do you disable assignments?
  • MsieurLeodagan
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You are optimistic! They are unable to optimize the game.
  • STOPchris
    545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Crazy stuttering for me with 430.64. I am going back to 419.67, as it was working really well. I just updated the drivers trying to fix another issue. The issue turned out to be audio related, not the drivers. 
  • STOPchris
    545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You are optimistic! They are unable to optimize the game.
    This really is all typical for DICE they fail in this same way with all of their games. 
  • FierceBrosnan007
    1009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Gone back to 425.31. Game is smooth again with a near locked 120fps with frame cap set to 120 for smoothness even though I'm using a 144 hz monitor. 

cpu usage between 69-85%  
    Gpu usage not perfect but mostly around 90% 

Gone from DX12  with FFR off to current setting of ; DX11 with FFR On plus turning on GPU memory restriction. ( I don't need this with an 8GB VRAM card but it seems to be a better experience with it ON. 

Custon installed the driver 425.31 with only driver, hd audio and PhysX.  No Geforce bloat. 

Mix of Video settings. 

My cpu and gpu lines are near perfect on the graph again with no stutters/spikes. Seems as though it's the latest Nvidia drivers that are causing the trouble with BF V. 
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 25
    Gone back to 425.31. Game is smooth again with a near locked 120fps with frame cap set to 120 for smoothness even though I'm using a 144 hz monitor. 

cpu usage between 69-85%  
    Gpu usage not perfect but mostly around 90% 

Gone from DX12  with FFR off to current setting of ; DX11 with FFR On plus turning on GPU memory restriction. ( I don't need this with an 8GB VRAM card but it seems to be a better experience with it ON. 

Custon installed the driver 425.31 with only driver, hd audio and PhysX.  No Geforce bloat. 

Mix of Video settings. 

My cpu and gpu lines are near perfect on the graph again with no stutters/spikes. Seems as though it's the latest Nvidia drivers that are causing the trouble with BF V. 
    425.31 made bugger all difference to me, FPS drop, stuttering, game feels like it running under constant micro-stutter. No driver can fix this this is a game problem which was introduced with the 23/05 patch
  • g0merpile
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I do not have stuttering.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    g0merpile said:
    Bully for you, thousand do across all platforms.
  • g0merpile
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile said:
    Bully for you, thousand do across all platforms.

I did not say peps did not have stuttering, I am giving info that I have not that problem. Maybe it is something else causing the issue rather then graphic drivers or game code.
  • BenJ0hns0n
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    425.31 made bugger all difference to me, FPS drop, stuttering, game feels like it running under constant micro-stutter. No driver can fix this this is a game problem which was introduced with the 23/05 patch

It's not just isolated to Nvidia my Radeon RX570 system has the same symptoms unfortunately.

• DrunkOnRedWine

It's not just isolated to Nvidia my Radeon RX570 system has the same symptoms unfortunately.

Across all platforms too. Some players are reporting it's linked to assignment tracking. I have my doubts