Anyone still having doubts about stupidity of a "Live Service"?

YourLocalPlumber
2792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Currently people seem to be super excited....over a single map being released. YouTubers and players alike are celebrating that we're finally getting maps. But do I have to remind you that during BF1's life, we already had 5 maps released, and 6th map was planned for June. Then there was Tsar DLC with 6 more maps, and first half of TT with 2 more maps planned until the end of the year.

Do you actually believe that we're getting at least 10 fully fledged multiplayer maps by the end of this year?? I've heard people saying that we're getting 7-8 maps with US expansion. Are you people crazy or that naive?

Comments

• EoG_Alchemist
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You have to remember that their income can be extremely affected by how Battlefield does as a franchise. Since we are in a downturn Youtubers are clambering for whatever they can get.

You can see which ones are hurting by looking to see the diversity of content they show. LevelCap, Jackfrags, and such are diversifying their channels because of this.
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 27
    You have to remember that their income can be extremely affected by how Battlefield does as a franchise. Since we are in a downturn Youtubers are clambering for whatever they can get.

You can see which ones are hurting by looking to see the diversity of content they show. LevelCap, Jackfrags, and such are diversifying their channels because of this.
     I've noticed this.  I've seen a few them lately delv into games/genres that are clearly out of their comfort zone due to this.
    -
    As for the subject matter, never did like the live service model ... it often feels like a method of knocking out incomplete games.  I don't buy into the hype for future content either based upon what I've seen so far.
  • bigmatt9486
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield live service has been like being stuck in desert. You get told by a traveler that water is on its way. The traveler returns only to say that he forgot the water but he will be back with water in one month. The traveler finally arrives but has only brought one 12oz bottle of water and then rides off once again...When will the traveler return?
  • JUJAMAKILL
    329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 27
    IMO it's all about doing the bare minimum for maximum profits these days.

LS might have worked if they had released a polished game with additional content pre-made and ready to go at regular release dates. Considering they didn't even have their micro transactions ready until long after release, (and to date we still only have 2 lousy elite skins and a few somewhat undesirable weapon skins) shows how unprepared they were to back up their own LS model with micro transactions. That just shows that they weren't fully prepared to back the LS model IMO.

Bear in mind, they have already made their profits once enough people initially purchase their game. They don't care if people leave afterwards if they find the game too broken or unsatisfying. It doesn't really take money away from them. Hence why patches are released more buggy than their predecessors, there is no real 'care' to deliver a good quality game. Anyone who does remain and spends any amount of money buying micro transactions is just gravy to them.
  • Logosoft
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You know, I would gladly uninstall this game and wait for a year when more content (i do not mean skins lol) is added, but I cant since ToW weekly awards are gone after it (you cannot buy them when the week is over) :disappointed:
  • Hawxxeye
    5343 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 said:
    'But Premium splits the community'....
    Producing a bad game with no content has, in my opinion, caused an actual and much larger split. I have around 30 friends on PSN I know only from Battlefield, out of those 30 there's about 3 who are regular BFV players, maybe a couple more that are casual, all the others are back on older titles or different games altogether.
    Live service, lol.
    they premium could be giving only the non map goodies so that the community is not split but they still have to pay and incentivize new stuff
  • Pro_b0
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No doubts anymore. I had my doubts about EA/DICE pulling off a live-Service model in the fashion of Rainbow six, but no more.

Now it has been thoroughly proven, that they absolutely cannot do it.

They just cannot get it into their heads that they actually have to provide, you know, a SERVICE, for money to come in.
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ''we're finally getting maps''

LOL, this pile of trash still haven't got that?

Still not buying though...
  • fragnstein
    462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    dcs500 said:
    Producing a bad game with no content has, in my opinion, caused an actual and much larger split. I have around 30 friends on PSN I know only from Battlefield, out of those 30 there's about 3 who are regular BFV players, maybe a couple more that are casual, all the others are back on older titles or different games altogether.
    Live service, lol.

they premium could be giving only the non map goodies so that the community is not split but they still have to pay and incentivize new stuff

That's pay to win, no thanks. That destroys a game quickly
  • Hawxxeye
    5343 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 27
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    dcs500 said:
    Live service, lol.

That's pay to win, no thanks. That destroys a game quickly
    So you are saying that the BF3 to BF1 with the maps+ new weapons packages it had was pay to win? I am saying they should put the maps for free and keep  the weapons etc for sale.
    It is the only way around the community split due to map access