Boys AT Rifle - 100m+ kills

superteds
1171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Hi all, looking for tips on completing this one - i can't get the drop nailed down, and the low velocity is making double-tapping annoying. Any quick wins?

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    5346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 27
    Probably only other Boys trying to do the same thing or some MMG user.
    I do not know if you can do this in the Combined arms too. Those at the twisted steel seem to have long enough lines of sight for that maybe.
    Or.... Destroying a tank that is 100m away should probably also count for this if it is not a headshot.
    Edit: I am not sure but I think that if you destroy the stationary weapons while someone is on them they will get killed as well so maybe also try that on hamada on that Popular PAK40 near the E flag on CQ
  • superteds
    1171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    got them all in a round of breakthrough on hamada - turns out you have to play like an awful camper ): the drop is real on this gun though!
  • Hawxxeye
    5346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 27
    superteds said:
    got them all in a round of breakthrough on hamada - turns out you have to play like an awful camper ): the drop is real on this gun though!
    Speaking of drop, I never seem to ever hit things while zeroing in BFV
  • superteds
    Hawxxeye said:
    superteds said:
    Speaking of drop, I never seem to ever hit things while zeroing in BFV
    i just don't bother with zeroing anything in any game, feel like it interferes with my 'best guess' learnt from using the weapon at whatever range.
  • ElliotLH
    8168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Congrats on getting it! I got my Boys fully gold yesterday and this requirement took basically all day as I had to grind the 30 kills. The targets would either be juuuuuust within 100m, move after a body shot or refuse to go prone in front of me like decent people :D. Still as requirements go this was miles better than the SLR/SAR ones.

I did discover that most of the time I just had to aim slightly above their head to get a kill though. That was only at about 130m though as I didn't bother going longer range than that.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1400 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AFAIK You can actually do this assignment with other guns. I equipped my Kar to test it last night and it was tracking, I'll have to get back to you if it actually works (you've already completed it but hey, it's always helpful to others). There's no way I want to sit there and try and do 100m+ kills with the Boys, it's just so bad for it.
  • ElliotLH
    8168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    AFAIK You can actually do this assignment with other guns. I equipped my Kar to test it last night and it was tracking, I'll have to get back to you if it actually works (you've already completed it but hey, it's always helpful to others). There's no way I want to sit there and try and do 100m+ kills with the Boys, it's just so bad for it.

It really, really is.

I'd read a comment about a glitch on
    Reddit but the person didn't actually explain it. Must have been that.

Hopefully it does help others.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The most kills in a round with it so far is about 14 IIRC. I could not imagine getting it all gold...
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1400 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The most kills in a round with it so far is about 14 IIRC. I could not imagine getting it all gold...
    It's pretty easy to be honest. Assignments roughly from memory:
    -600/800 Damage to enemies in a round; Mastery also requires a second objective of 2k damage to enemies in total.
    -do 40/50 Vehicle damage in a round or damage enemy vehicles for I think 100/200 In total.
    -get 7/15 Headshots in a round or 10/20 In total.
    -kill 7/15 Enemies under 100m in a round or 15/30 In total.
    -kill 7/15 Enemies over 100m in a round of PvP or 15/30 In PvP in total (can be completed using other guns, I did it with my Kar 98k; this probably applies to the latter one too, but that one is easy enough and can be done in Combined Arms).
    -kill 15/25 Enemies in a round of PvP or 35/70 In PvP in total.

Very rough mind you. I should probably write them down while doing them to remember them exactly or something, but up to Proficiency/Mastery V They're all achievable in Combined Arms and the other two just take a bit of time.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Eh.. I'm not going to use it nuff to bother with gold prolly. The longest kill I have with it so far (no zeroing) was from the clocktower on arras?  Knocked a guy off an AA in the axis spawn. 
  • L3wY_9507
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is the worst weapon to use for long range, and you have to kill enemies over 100m with it.
    Great idea DICE!
  • Hawxxeye
    I am doing the assignment right  now and I think that someone in the DICE team who makes the assignments is going out of his way to sabotage the game
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    This is the worst weapon to use for long range, and you have to kill enemies over 100m with it.
    Great idea DICE!
    Again, you can use another weapon. Whether strictly other Recon weapons or all class, not sure, but I did it entirely with my Kar 98k.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited May 27
    Great idea DICE!
    Again, you can use another weapon. Whether strictly other Recon weapons or all class, not sure, but I did it entirely with my Kar 98k.
    you know you are my hero now
    Some say you can even do it with a tank if you are a recon while inside
  • L3wY_9507
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 27
    Great idea DICE!
    Really?  :o
    I give it a try tomorrow.
  • aishtiaqq
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry guys new to battlefield what is PvP ?
  • xKusagamix
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 29
    Desyatnik_Pansy said:

levitr0n_9574 said:
    Great idea DICE!

Really?  :o
    I give it a try tomorrow.
    Both 5th Assignments of Profiency and Mastery work with everything, even a grenade kill still count.

But the final (6th) Assignment only work that way with Mastery Assignment. Profiency don't count, you need to complete it with the BOYS.

Notice that few days ago, my BOYS is now fully golden, took me like 2 or 3 days.

And i don't even want to use it anymore.
  • ElliotLH
    aishtiaqq wrote: »
    Sorry guys new to battlefield what is PvP ?

Player versus player.
  • Hawxxeye
    I normally do not care much about levelcap but that was a nice tweet.
    https://i.redd.it/b9gjvvnqfu031.jpg
  • ElliotLH
    Hawxxeye said:
    I normally do not care much about levelcap but that was a nice tweet.
    https://i.redd.it/b9gjvvnqfu031.jpg
    Gamechanger status: Revoked

:D