Weekly Debrief

Huge FPS drops since latest patch

smoothy101
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Since either this patch or the latest Nvidia driver or the last windows update, my performance decreased dramatically compared to a week ago.
Last week I was playing on Devastation with an average of 90 FPS however today I barely hit 60.
Also on other maps, the FPS hits are huge. I run the game on a 1070 with an i 7 4790K.

I'm not really sure what the issue is, I tried downgrading my graphics driver however that version doesn't run on the newest version of windows.
So I can't try that sadly.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

Comments

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes it's a known issue with the latest patch in particular.  Not everyone is getting the performance problems and it is across XBOX, PS4 and PC. 

Don't bother messing around with Nvidia drivers as I have already tried them all, the latest stutters more than older drivers - but all are bad enough to make things unplayable.

DICE do not know what is causing this at the moment and are investigating.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm going to try this tonight as quite a few players have said it helps.

https://www.ceos3c.com/misc/battlefield-5-stutter-fix-working/
  • S0magical
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

that is old post, it wont fix the latest patch problems, as ive had ISLC since the launch pretty much. the new stuttering is to do with the game and the latest patch in particular.. that may help if youve always had stutter though, it did for me, but i think thats a windows issue not a dice issue..the latest patch is just awful for performance and its ridiculous that its even being released in this state.
  • NKonSyStaNT
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Surprisingly I never had any major issues with stuttering or crazy FPS drops even since launch.  Only since the last patch has the game been unplayable for me.  Major FPS drops and the game feels like its running at 30fps.  I usually average between 100-144 on my custom settings. 

Another post suggested to reset the game video settings back to default, exit, start the game and load up my custom video settings again.  After doing this the game has been playable again for me.  I didn't change anything on my PC (drivers, updates, etc.).  I simply reset the video settings and changed everything back to my custom settings.

Hopefully this also helps someone.
  • DiscoPr0
    91 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same thing here. Sluggish gameplay and random crashing since the last patch. During my last crash to desktop I had task manager open and noticed my CPU utilization hit 100%.

• DiscoPr0
    91 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Latest driver and Windows 1903 update may have did the trick for me. Sluggishness is gone and no crashes.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    edited May 29
    Latest driver and Windows 1903 update may have did the trick for me. Sluggishness is gone and no crashes.
    I thought I was on 1903 but I'm not (1809), when I try to upgrade it says there are driver incompatibilities and ends the install . It doesn't even state what driver or hardware is the issue!
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    S0magical said:

that is old post, it wont fix the latest patch problems, as ive had ISLC since the launch pretty much. the new stuttering is to do with the game and the latest patch in particular.. that may help if youve always had stutter though, it did for me, but i think thats a windows issue not a dice issue..the latest patch is just awful for performance and its ridiculous that its even being released in this state.
    Yeah it didn't work.
  • starwars52
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 29
    It is absurd a AAA game in the 21st century has major framerate issues after a patch is released. That new map came out today and I cannot check it out since my game is now running at a snail pace. Knowing the devs, it will take a long time to find a fix.......DICE plz!
  • TFBisquit
    1636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 30
    I'm enjoying the mercury map, unfortunately though, 90 fps is too slow, so I suppose I have to upgrade my pc. Feels like it's too slow to play this game at that fps.
    In the past it would be at 30 fps on pc that it felt like that, but times are apparently changing.
    Btw my ping is always below 20ms so it couldn't be a connection issue, would it?
    And the fact Dice doesn't understand how to change this, since they apparently can't reproduce it, makes me more confident that you need hardware capable of pushing 144 fps as a minimum.
    In any case, the game feels like it's dropping fps massively, yet I'm peeling my eyes out at the corner of my screen and never see it dip below 80. Seems to stay above 90 fps most of the times.
  • EvilH0mer
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Plain & simple. They break more stuff every time they "Fix things". It is just unplayable any more. 

Hooray - we get a new map, but can't really enjoy it!
  • Picharski
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I feel there is an optimization problem. I have a 1080ti FTW 3 but my CPU is a 4970k overclocked. I thought it was a CPU bottleneck but my friend has an 8000 series intel with a 2070 and still getting fps drops.  Hopefully DICE LA will alleviate issues. 
  • ohpressor
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 30
    EA games being EA games, i used to get 70~90 fps, now 30~45 even in LOW, in fact doesn't matter if i play in ultra or low, i got same fps no change at all, indeed they break more stuff every time they fix things(beta performance was way better than final version), im sick of it, worst company EVER and in my experience they don't give a damn about it, my PC is ABOVE recommended requirements and i don't have any problems with any other game, EA and DICE will learn when they bleed on money.
  • j3nnicide
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've had this problem since the game released but it's much worse now after the patch. Lowering settings didn't make a difference in my fps either, now or before.
  • Picharski
    Just played with updates, game is unplayable now. I go from 90 fps to 57 and huge stuttering. I guess I have to find something else to play until this is fixed. 
  • 2017_Hellcat
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Go to My Documents folder and delete the BFV Folder. It will be recreated when launching the game. Next set manual fan speeds in MSI Afterburner then shut down the program. It seems MSI  Afterburner is causing low FPS Once again.
  • iCloverZ
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Go to My Documents folder and delete the BFV Folder. It will be recreated when launching the game. Next set manual fan speeds in MSI Afterburner then shut down the program. It seems MSI  Afterburner is causing low FPS Once again.

Doesn't work.

• bigdaddygonutz
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    +1
    Performance for me is is awefull now = what did they break this time?.......... Facepalm
  • cappelmans
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am not a guy to complain quickly but this is getting so frustrating. Same happens here, a lot of stuttering to the point its not playable anymore. I really wonder how DICE tests patches or if they even test patches at all.

How about fixing all the major issues first before releasing new content. I think the majority of players won't have any problem with that. We don't need to compete with Fortnite DICE. Lets hope DICE will sort this one out quick.

• Zoon_dk
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member