Realistic grand ops gamemode idea

LINKERBLOX
47 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Not sure if it has been posted here yet but here it goes:
Realistic grand ops should be a grand ops gamemode with hardcore configurations and some other stuff im gonna say below
You will only be able to use guns from your country (that applies to gadgets too) so no sten for germans
Tanks will lose a ton of speed and get way more devastating
Everything should work with personal points
It works like squad points, but in order to spawn with specific guns, gadgets and vehicles you will need those points
If you dont have any points then you will spawn with a semi auto rifle with longer reload
And in order to keep the mode from dying the XP reward should be doubled

Comments

• Logosoft
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not bad at all. Also vehicles (including planes) should have limited fuel like in BR.
    Also, team should have its own points which will be used by random team leader from top 5 for more reinforcements like more tanks, more points for certain squad etc.
  • ElliotLH
    7828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just do it yourself when RSP comes out.

And also I'm sorry but this, to me, sounds like it will only appeal to a minority of players. I suspect that you realise that yourself though since you have the caveat of "And in order to keep the mode from dying the XP reward should be doubled".

Seriously who really and truly wants the ability to reload their primary removed unless you have enough 'personal points'?
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think with some careful consideration, it could work, but I feel like it would have to be a core mode from launch instead of a new mode unless it was just a LTM variant like Grind and Fortress. I do quite like the idea of having access only to your faction's weapons and gadgets, perhaps with each class having a few pre-set loadouts to choose from (similarly to how I believe the 5v5 mode will work) but it would need to be carefully balanced and it does feel a little like it would fit more in something like Hell Let Loose which is supposed to be a more realistic experience. Battlefield has always been about a more sandbox experience.
    That said, given the level of control it seems we'll have when RSP drops, theres certainly a possibility that players will be able to create this sort of experience themselves and limit which weapons each faction can use, which would be interesting. Not sure about the fuel and the individual points system - as I said earlier, it feels like it would be more at home in a realistic battle sim type game as opposed to a more sandbox game like battlefield.
  • CT1924
    30 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not sure if it has been posted here yet but here it goes:
    Realistic grand ops should be a grand ops gamemode with hardcore configurations and some other stuff im gonna say below
    You will only be able to use guns from your country (that applies to gadgets too) so no sten for germans
    Tanks will lose a ton of speed and get way more devastating
    Everything should work with personal points
    It works like squad points, but in order to spawn with specific guns, gadgets and vehicles you will need those points
    If you dont have any points then you will spawn with a semi auto rifle with longer reload
    And in order to keep the mode from dying the XP reward should be doubled
    And everything OHK to the body or head. Spawn as a default assault, unless you pay points to spawn as a machine gunner, shotgunner, sniper, or medic. You should still be able to customize guns and appearances, though. You get to pick your gadgets? I really want to see an everything ohk game mode.
  • CT1924
    ElliotLH said:

And also I'm sorry but this, to me, sounds like it will only appeal to a minority of players. I suspect that you realise that yourself though since you have the caveat of "And in order to keep the mode from dying the XP reward should be doubled".

Seriously who really and truly wants the ability to reload their primary removed unless you have enough 'personal points'?
    No, that should be ammo. You can upgrade your weapon with points.
  • CT1924
    Could at least add an arcade where you control this stuff.
  • ElliotLH
    7828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 wrote: »
    ElliotLH said:

Why though? This mode idea just limits player choice and adds an unnecessary RPG element.
  • LINKERBLOX
    47 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    ElliotLH said:

Why though? This mode idea just limits player choice and adds an unnecessary RPG element.

If you dont like it, then dont play it
  • ElliotLH
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    ElliotLH said:

If you dont like it, then dont play it

Since it's an idea someone has posted on a forum none of us will.

Also there are mil-sim games already readily available.
  • Khorne_Warrior
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It won't happen despite them creating a new game mode every morning. The best we'll have is hardcore mode.