Community Broadcast - Updates on Pit Crew and Game Mode Availability

PartWelsh
67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited May 2019

Hi folks -

Because of the recent public holidays in both the US and UK, we’ve found ourselves backed up with a bit of a lengthy post covering a couple of different topics.
Apologies from myself for that, here’s what I’m here with today:
  • A letter from the Battlefield Team regarding the Pit Crew Skin that was returned back to the armory last week.
  • An update on some changes that we’re making to our list of fixed Game Modes starting tomorrow.
  • An update on more updates
Let’s get to it - the below was shared with me from the team at DICE relating to the Pit

UPDATE #1: PIT CREW SKIN - A NOTE FROM THE BATTLEFIELD TEAM

On May 22, 2019, we updated the Battlefield V Armory with some new skins for weapons, and a return of some previous skins for soldiers.

As you may have noticed, the Pit Crew skin is now showing as an Epic skin and is 750 BFC.

Some may recall that during Battlefield V Overture, this skin became available for a short time for Company Coins and the skin was also classified as Uncommon.

This was a bug and not intended.

This skin was removed from the Armory as it was not tagged correctly nor did it show the correct value of the skin.

With the recent Armory update, we brought the Pit Crew soldier customization set back at its originally intended classification and Battlefield Currency value.

The Battlefield Team

To add to this, any player who was previously able to claim The Pit Crew Skin whilst it was available for purchase as an Uncommon will not see that skin removed from them because of our initial mislabeling of the skin - Freeman

UPDATE #2: AN UPDATE ON EXISTING GAME MODES - WHAT'S CHANGING?

Over the past several weeks, we have given a lot of thought to the topic of how many Game Modes are presently available as fixed residents in Battlefield V. Through both our own deliberations and careful review of the data available to us, we’ve decided to remove the dedicated playlists for Frontlines and Domination. This will take effect this week.

Both playlists are highlighted as being significantly less popular, and a lot less populated when compared to more established modes like Conquest. Our preference is to ensure that we are adding to the fun rather than creating frustration, and that the always on game modes in Battlefield V meet our own expectations in terms of quality.

We’re now going to be more proactive in removing the modes that don’t meet these standards, in favor of instead investing more resources in both featuring, developing, and improving newer and refreshed experiences like Rush, Grind, Fortress, and Outpost.

We believe that fans of Domination will be best served through Squad Conquest (which will be expanded to include Mercury, Narvik, and Devastation this Summer).

Frontlines will continue to exist in Grand Operations, and will still be joinable as a Grand Operation mode via the Server Browser. We’re currently exploring the possibility of redesigning Frontlines and reintroducing it at a later time, as well as cycling the mode back into the game via Tides of War. We’ll look to follow up with our thoughts around this in late June.

We may look to re-feature both of these modes in the future, as part of mixed game mode rotations that compliment new content drops ,or as weekly experiences in the Tides of War, but only if we believe that doing so would add something positive to your game experience.

Conquest, Squad Conquest, and Team Deathmatch otherwise remain as they are today, and will continue to support alongside the Tides of War. We are taking a look at Breakthrough and Grand Operations to see what improvements we can make to these modes, but we’re happy to keep these in the active rotation for now as we can see how popular they are.

I’ll also mention that this week we’re creating a dedicated Mercury Playlist, which begins on Conquest, and switches to Breakthrough. We missed out on doing this back when Panzerstorm launched, and we appreciate everyone that fed back on this so that we could make it happen this time around.

Next week we’ll swap this 64 Player Mercury only playlist for a playlist that stays on Mercury, but features other, smaller modes.

Similar to what we’ve done with Conquest and Breakthrough recently, we’re also keen to remix the order in which you play maps on TDM and Squad Conquest to ensure that your sessions on each server are longer, and more fun. We welcome any suggestions that you might here on the official Battlefield Forums, Twitter, Facebook, or Discord.

UPDATE #3: UPCOMING UPDATES UPDATE

To help to set the scene on upcoming news, and expand on Jeffs ‘This Week in Battlefield’, here’s what to expect over the next 7 days:
  • Ranks Increase - I will be back before Friday this week to tell you all about this. For real this time. I’ve been waiting to get confirmation on when exactly to expect the changes that we’ll be announcing this week before bringing you the full details. We’re now confident that we have that so on Thursday or Friday, you’ll get all of that info straight from me.
  • Stuttering and Performance - Our QA teams are getting closer to nailing down the issues causing this problem, and then proposing a fix with our development teams. I’m in Stockholm all week working with the team on this one, so by no later than next Tuesday I’ll have a full update for you all on this topic. For now, please know that we are working on this as a high priority.

Sorry that it’s a long update from me today. Please do tag in your questions for me below and I’ll pick them up in the morning. Sadly Jeff had a motorcycle accident this past weekend (he’s fine, just a bit bruised), so I’ll be infrequently checking in on my own tonight. I am keen to chat and respond to your comments though.

Freeman // @PartWelsh
Post edited by PartWelsh on

Comments

• Flommingsen
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lot's of great info, love it as always ;)
  • Michaelis972
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    Thank You for explaining the situation about the Pit Crew Skin , and all of those informations !

You said "and improving newer and refreshed experiences like Rush, Grind, Fortress, and Outpost" , does that mean we can expect the come back of Fortress Mode ? 😏
  • Logosoft
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would like to see Fortess mode on more maps because almost all of them have good places for this mode.
  • zenn_nme
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    Just my 2 cents...
    - Squad Conquest could work as a substitute for Domination; as long as the ticketcount is increased, the playercount is increased & vehicles are removed. (Hold on a second, won't that make it Domination!?) I think the flag positions are much better in SQ, but that's personal preference.
    - Bummed about Frontlines, loving the 'Tug-of-War' gameplay (as in real war with shifting zones). Though I would argue that it's not populated, mostly full servers (in Europe) as far as I notice... Only when Hamada comes up, players leave; that map just takes too long.
    - Rank Increase + Stuttering & Performance; can't wait to hear some more info & good news! :)

Post edited by zenn_nme on
  • shanerounce1989
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    zenn_nme said:
    Only when Hamada comes up, players leave; that map just takes too long. 
    Yeah, it sucks but it shows that they needed to tweak that map or remove it from rotation, as that one is always the culprit when most players vanish.

Just think about how any more people would be playing right now if RSP/PGP had been running for the past 6 months.

I really do adore this game but it feels like we're all in training right now, waiting for the real battle to start!
  • Sassin2k11
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So have you guy's totally given up on the dragging animation of a falling teammate I'm a fan but that had really gotten me excited.... And how beautiful the animation was on the guns with the leaf 🍃 moving.
  • mike2289
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Current FIRESTORM CHEATING needs fixing.
    People jumping through a wall in a room in lobby and drop into map, they start off match with armor and weopons. please fix ASAP
  • Logosoft
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dormammu, I have come to bargain: Remove Firestorm but keep those two in the game please I am begging you
  • Collision_TN
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @PartWelsh is there going to be a hotfix for the FPS issues?
  • Noodlesocks
    3599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    So will those modes such as Fortress and Rush become permanent game modes or are they still going to be temp modes?
  • PartWelsh
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Thank You for explaining the situation about the Pit Crew Skin , and all of those informations !

You said "and improving newer and refreshed experiences like Rush, Grind, Fortress, and Outpost" , does that mean we can expect the come back of Fortress Mode ? 😏
    We took a lot of really great feedback on it last week in a couple of dedicated threads on the topic. It's something that I know Ludvig is keen to explore.

Even if we don't - it'll be an option in Private Games.

So have you guy's totally given up on the dragging animation of a falling teammate I'm a fan but that had really gotten me excited.... And how beautiful the animation was on the guns with the leaf 🍃 moving.
    Yeah we confirmed this about a month ago, around the start of Chapter 3. The reality was very much that was cool as it was in concept, it wasn't ever cool to play. It wasn't fun, and just added a layer of frustration that didn't add anything to the game. Nice for immersion maybe, but not so hot elsewhere.

@PartWelsh is there going to be a hotfix for the FPS issues?
    I chatted to the team on that today. Top priority right now is the stuttering, and after thats been eliminated we can focus on anything that might be impacting any loss to FPS.

So will those modes such as Fortress and Rush become permanent game modes or are they still going to be temp modes?
    Still temp, but as we clear out some of the unpopular stuff, we'll gain more licence to bring these modes back (still on a temporary basis) a lot more often
  • 537scorpionTV
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't remove frontlines. It is the competitive matches modes on xbox roaster will be destroyed , also, me as a battlefield veteran this will be my last battlefield game. These people suck at everything. I dont even know how such a decisions being made. But anyway, rip frontlines and domination, soon all battlefield players will leave this game because of the arrogance of battlefield development team..

Battlefield development team, you people suck, please dont try to be clever. It is not working at all. How many bad decision have you made that damaged the community. Also when the number of players go down half of you will be fired. I hope EA give this game to more responsible studio.
  • Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Would be cool if Grand Operations was fixed and made sense, then there wouldn't be much need for any of these other dedicated mode servers.  A well-executed Operations could essentially become THE one and only battlefield mode.  BFV Grand Operations seem to have a decent concept, but just poorly executed.  Maybe if there was more context, victory/defeat had more to do with a tangible score (like battalions/tickets/sectors) and the outcome of each day really impacted the next mode/map...

CPT Caligula
  • Jezzzeh
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Great news on the stutttttering thing, hope it will do what it intends :)

Shame about Frontlines, this was a great mode in BF1 and worked well, it just doesn't seems to be as good in BF5 particularly in Hamada.

Don't dare touch Breakthrough.l! It's great in BF5, BUT please look at the data on the mode on Hamada, it's most weak on that one and often causes people to quit.
  • Trokey66
    8988 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Won't miss Domination but Frontlines can be a right hoot! Bizarrely, some of my best BFV Frontlines games have been on Hamada!

Go figure.......
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    Killed my favorite gamemode in BFV GG. @MachoFantast1c0 look at this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.