Why are tanks so weak

DRUNKMONKEY9821
84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
One assault guy should be Abel to take out a tank also shouldn't be Abel to eat there own explosive at a foot away.

Comments

• JAVA_NL
    23 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When i am in a tank i have the same feeling but when i am a support or assault i do not know how to destroy a tank with standard gear. It does not matter where i hit a tank most of the time 1 of 4 points en even close with panzerfausts. Some other Guys shoot trough armour with 2 panzerfausts. Besides that i hate the aimimg system. De ‘crosshairs’ do not match with Anything so distance is trying twice and then i am killed by the tank. Piat has a distance marker on the map but the others is just Hoping for a hit and not Being killed as counter attack.
  • Tenryuu118
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What are you talking about in my entire experience tanks are op as hecc. The only way to kill them is dynamite that doesnt useally work when they have stick resistant paste

The guns will kill you half way across the map with the machine gun alone amd panzer faust plus anti tank grenades to laughable amounts of damage
  • Tenryuu118
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I believe that tank should 100% be operated fully by two people one person drives and operates the machine gun in the other person the rotary Cannon it would make takes so much easier to fight with and against
  • ElliotLH
    8170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What are you talking about in my entire experience tanks are op as hecc. The only way to kill them is dynamite that doesnt useally work when they have stick resistant paste

The guns will kill you half way across the map with the machine gun alone amd panzer faust plus anti tank grenades to laughable amounts of damage
    Have you actually tried driving one for more than 10 minutes?

The PIAT/Panzerfaust are incredibly viable against them if your aim is good. Dynamite is great. The Support AT pistol can disable parts. The M28 can disable parts. The Boys AT rifle can stop repair cycles and disable parts. Anti-tank grenades are powerful. Sticky grenades are effective. AT mines are extremely effective if placed well in high traffic areas or used offensively. Planes, even those with less bombs or rockets, can kill a tank in two passes and at least disable them with one. Plus there are pak40 cannons which will chew most tanks to pieces. Also unless it's a direct hit from the main gun you will only do negligible splash damage, and it is entirely possible to avoid getting killed by the MG.

There is a reason why tankers in BFV, at least the smart ones, don't push without infantry support.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1435 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I believe that tank should 100% be operated fully by two people one person drives and operates the machine gun in the other person the rotary Cannon it would make takes so much easier to fight with and against
    Wow, fun.
  • ackers75
    2322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks are not weak.
    You need to roll with support rather than think your a one man army
  • saxo101
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks that camp at the resupply areas on Rotterdam map are hard to kill.
  • shallowtech
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    One assault guy should be Abel to take out a tank also shouldn't be Abel to eat there own explosive at a foot away.
    It takes most of your explosives when running assault to take out a tank. This seems fairly realistic to me, grenade, two or three rockets and dynamite... If you get hit by this much munitions then your tank should be dead. Furthermore, throwing dynamite a foot away and detonating it should kill you... are you just trolling?
  • EA_Joz
    22 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator
    Tanks can be hard to destroy at times. I usually sneak up on them with some dynamites, and then I defer to my rocket launchers to finish the job. Along with some nades  B)

~EA_Joz
  • SixTouge
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Tanks are not weak.
    You need to roll with support rather than think your a one man army

I keep trying to emphasize this every time the topic comes up. I like to hop in to right seat Gunner as an engineer support player, and with a competent driver, and me keeping infantry at bay/repairing, I have been part of some extended formidable runs. Btw, this is without any verbal communication, I can only imagine how much more effective if you have both driver and gunner on headset.
  • DRUNKMONKEY9821
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am a one man army.but i play with my team in mind.
  • DRUNKMONKEY9821
    Clearly we are all having different experiences in this game.