Weekly BF

New Map is Out a Day Early

Comments

• Logosoft
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I do not like how breakthrough has no planes...
  • idk1233211
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    whats the point, games dead nothing to celebrate here.
  • trip1ex
    4955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 29
    just watched youtubers playing it for a bit.  looks smaller than I thought.   seemingly just infantry on breakthru.   also the first few sectors look like aerodome.  flat, monocolor, huts, ...
  • VincentNZ
    3407 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex said:
    just watched youtubers playing it for a bit.  looks smaller than I thought.   seemingly just infantry on breakthru.   also the first few sectors look like aerodome.  flat, monocolor, huts, ...

It is rather small 75-90m from flag to flag in Conquest. Could definitely become an issue. Breakthrough first sector is beyond the hangars quite a bit. A is barracks and a construction site, and B is close to the shore. I daresay hard to attack, since the left side is fully open and sloped. It also has at least two halftracks, which I think are undervalued by players.
  • ElliotLH
    8646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Narfiam wrote: »
    ElliotLH said:
    Any good?

For me it's Empire's Edge 2.0, i.e. small villages in big low profile hills annoying to play if you are not sniper. So long waiting for this... it's disappointing.

Just managed to sneak in a couple of matches and I think that's an accurate description. It feels like Empire mixed with Hainan Resort to me.

--

Map looks good but the matches I played were testing due to high pingers (last match had two at 300ms and a load of +100ms players), nobody reviving, people not on the flags and snipers. It's also a bit odd that Conquest has planes but Breakthrough doesn't. Then again there could be a bloodbath if they were present.

I'm taking the above with a pinch of salt (lol) as that was just two matches on the same server.
  • xKusagamix
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There were days that i stream the new contents/maps in BF1 just because i like its.

Not with BFV.
  • MsieurLeodagan
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    Sniper map yet again. Thanks, but no thanks.
    Exactly, I tested and : infested snipers.
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 29
    DaMutha1 wrote: »
    In case you didn't see it yet, they released the map already.   Watching it on Twitch right now.  Looks quite hectic.

Leave it to Dice to make their first new map release in 6 months be totally anti-climactic though.

thats clickbait dude! :smiley:
    it's not 1 day early... when it was first annonced they talked about march... pls fix thread title :smiley:
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The description of mini Empire's Edge is fairly accurate IMO. My two cents are that it's a fun map at the moment, but mostly only because it's new, something different from the same stuff we've put up with already for so long. I do think I'll still continue to enjoy it somewhat down the road, but it does have some issues. I must first state that these are just my opinions and are based solely on about 4-5 CQ Games on the map:
    -tanks have no place on the map. The small size of the map and how vertical it is means they look awkward to play. I was able to just completely mess up two Tiger Is trying to push E From the beach side by ducking in and out of buildings and using the hills to my advantage. Atleast from the British side though you have a really strong hill in spawn to camp on, which is very inviting and thus, IMO, not good for the map.
    -planes feel a bit too powerful. Perhaps the only reason for tanks to be available is for an AA Tank using that strong position in spawn to shut down the enemy airpower. At the moment I don't view it as badly but that's probably because I need something to level up all my planes to Level 4 Anyway, since that's my current goal in the game (despite how much I hate plane gameplay).

Not much else to really say. I'm not personally big on vertical maps; I don't enjoy pushing uphill or downhill at all; but I welcome the map since it's atleast something new to play on for the time being.
  • lll_HOSS_lll
    53 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they would limit the amount of snipers then this map would be fun. As it is, unless you are a very skilled sniper or a hacker you are simply a meatshield on mercury.
  • ElliotLH
    8646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Great. Now I've got Mercury by Bloc Party stuck in my head 🤣
  • GrinddalDDG
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not for me at all...

Looks great, plays horrible imo.

Lends even more to the scoped heaven bf v is..
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    grrlpurple wrote: »
    My first play on Mercury involved me needing 4x as many bullets to kill and dying to everything in one bullet because of high unstable ping players.

There is no way I can get excited for new content while this is my constant experience. Seriously thinking about ditching fibre optic for dial up so that I can have an advantage!

FWIW, I couldn't sleep the other night so I loaded up BFV. It was 2AM local time. Matchmaking put me on a server where my ping was 250ms. It was not fun and I didn't have any advantages at all. Game play was just as crappy and out of sync as my normal 25ms ping games. There something fundamentaly wrong with BFV.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Really enjoying it so far. Feels more like BF too me.

Just need more!

Agree, really like it so far. Does feel more like a BF game.
  • kushmasta421
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Textures look really nice, an odd fog issue which I don't think works in the environment not sure what it is with battlefield and fog but stop it it's not needed, the map is a sniper infested meat grinder it's a bit to small for all the valleys and hills and the damn op boys does not help seems to be the only gun that kills me, the island and the town should have a flag and there should be boats and ships. It feels ok on breakthrough but not so great on conquest and I play battlefield for conquest. After six months I hoped for something impressive not just something.
  • Texator
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like the map so far, did not bad with assault rifle 1x magnification.
    All this sniper-infested-whiner should show me one map thats not sniper infested, just kill them its not too hard, they are not really moving.
    I would love to see a flag in the ruins starting point, it looks like a area where fighting is fun, atm its only used for spawning and running out.
  • flatrock101
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The fact that it is a new map will shine bright then fade away quite quick,
    After playing 4-5 games it won't make my top 10 or even top 20 at the moment,
    At least it's a new map.
  • grrlpurple
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DJTN1 wrote: »
    grrlpurple wrote: »
    My first play on Mercury involved me needing 4x as many bullets to kill and dying to everything in one bullet because of high unstable ping players.

There is no way I can get excited for new content while this is my constant experience. Seriously thinking about ditching fibre optic for dial up so that I can have an advantage!

FWIW, I couldn't sleep the other night so I loaded up BFV. It was 2AM local time. Matchmaking put me on a server where my ping was 250ms. It was not fun and I didn't have any advantages at all. Game play was just as crappy and out of sync as my normal 25ms ping games. There something fundamentaly wrong with BFV.

Well I just started a match with 63 others all with two digit ping and it felt great, went 6-0 in first few minutes and then one person left and a single 250 ping player joined. From that point I shot invisible or paper bullets and died behind cover in one hit, finishing the round 6-9. I could not kill anyone, even with a full clip under 10m away.

99% of my games are like this and it just makes me angry. New content or not, I'm about ready to burn the disc and send it back to DICE.