Thoughts about the BOYS AT Rifle...

Comments

• WetFishDB
    1982 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The gun itself is balanced by fire rate, slow bullet velocity and reload IIRC, and the fact you have to go prone to properly ADS etc.  But that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s good for the game.

Personally I dislike OHK mechanics that only require body shots.  Particularly in environments with high visual noise as it just doesn’t make for rewarding gunplay.  There is literally no reaction or counter gunplay unless for some reason the Scout has been daft enough to make their position obvious. 
  • StormSaxon
    640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s peaked, on its way out now.

Lewis, StG44, and that one hit smg .... can’t remember it’s name right now... they are wasting me... don’t think I’ve been killed by a BAT rifle for 3-4 days.
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »

Lewis, StG44, and that one hit smg .... can’t remember it’s name right now... they are wasting me... don’t think I’ve been killed by a BAT rifle for 3-4 days.

The stg44 is all over right now
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

one hit smg?
    please I need to know 
  • ElliotLH
    8130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon said:

one hit smg?
    please I need to know 

IKR?! Lol it's probably the Sten.
  • ps_865
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's annoying, but not OP
  • BaronVonGoon
    6727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For some reason it's usage is low on PC.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For some reason it's usage is low on PC.
    Probably because all its negative points are fully punished. It's low rate of fire and lack of mobility while using it, up against speedier more accurate opponents.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I should also add that I'm seeing lots less on PS4 now too.
  • RazorXXV
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's ok I guess, I've tried it against heavy armor and found it's not much use to me there. Way better against light armor, but not something I will equip all the time. I don't know, maybe something one resorts to when you run up against some vehicle wiping out squads from a unique vantage point and you want to deal with them from a good distance by equipping the scope.
  • oldmandown65
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 19
    I’ve recently began playing with this gun, a real sniper rifle has this beat by a mile.
  • StormSaxon
    640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Got it to level 10. By far the hardest recon weapon to use. Never died so much using any other weapon .... think 4 was my largest kill streak.
  • filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's so slow to cycle the bolt, and the projectile has a god awful ark. I haven't touched it since unlock but anything other than iron sights is tough to use. The 3× sight gets huge drop off
  • CAPTAlN__ARABIA
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 23
    It's annoying but i don't hate it 
    it's okay  :*
  • ElliotLH
    8130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

What are you showing in this video and what does it have to do with the Boys AT rifle?
  • IDazzlerazzle
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Prone cancer that should have never been added to the game 
  • pipdeau
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BOYS AT Rifle? i call it the no-skill gun. takes 0 skill to use and every scrub uses it. this game gets more and more like a sniping sim then a battlefield game.

has anyone else noticed there isnt a request for snipers in the command wheel?
  • StormSaxon
    pipdeau wrote: »
    BOYS AT Rifle? i call it the no-skill gun. takes 0 skill to use and every scrub uses it. this game gets more and more like a sniping sim then a battlefield game.

has anyone else noticed there isnt a request for snipers in the command wheel?

It’s hands down the hardest gun to use across all classes... you will almost never see a boys gunner topping the scoreboard or with a massive K/DR.
    Because it is so unremittingly bad.
    It’s very rare to be killed by it by the same shooter.
    Possibly for every death by BOYS AT I’ll have 5-6 by Assault guns, 2 from assault spamming piat rounds, 2 from grenades, 3-4 from bombs, 3-4 from tank snipers, 2-3 from smgs.

I tried using it, and it’s surprisingly fun disabling turrets and halftracks with it... but try getting more than 2 kills with it in a row relies on luck and /or very very bad opponents.
    Being dominated by it? You are either a prone camper, extremely static or just plain bad.
  • KingRofty
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Did I see yesterday somebody changed the title to GIRLS AT rifle? I laffed uncontrollably.  :D
  • KingRofty
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:

What are you showing in this video and what does it have to do with the Boys AT rifle?
    I would also like to know!! Maybe his new Survivalist skin for the Sturmgewehr? I have it as well, looks dope!