Mercury map breakthrough mode suggested changes

Bumstag1
60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I've played many times on breakthrough mode, mostly as a defender. It's very easy to defend the first sector, the opponent never broke through. However I've also played as an attacker, and had a good team thus managed to win the whole game. The first two sectors are extremely hard to get, the rest is fine. The attacker team should have planes at their disposal in the first two sectors, and the defenders should have AA guns in the second sector. What do others think?

Comments

• dandop_oq7r7ppf
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So far I find flanking and capturing the B point in the first Sector to be effective. Than you can attack the enemy from behind the A flag.
    Hopefully once more players get familiar with the map we’ll start to see less players camping the spawn. However that’s also an issue with Breakthrough in general.

I do like your idea of planes on the attacking team. With AA guns on the 2nd sector
  • Linkario86
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had 2 matches yet. I closed Battlefield after the second one. The Map is super inviting for Snipers on both sides. It killed my hype immediatly. Finaly a new Map, and everyone Snipes.
    I don't blame the devs for creating the map as it is, it's a very beautiful map! Personaly I believe the Sniper class has to be gone. Not in BFV, won't happen, but in future Games. The players exploit it way too hard.

Even back in BF3, loads of Servers had a Sniper Limit - for good reasons! The only good sniper is the one going with his team, using his spotting flares and spawn beacons. This of course requires the poor Sniper mains to move their lazy ****, and expose themselves to actual battle and - worst of all - they couldn't use  their beloveth one-headshot-kill sniper rifles. And to hit the head with it is really not hard.

I stopped blaming the devs. Games didn't get worse. The players did. More and more going for every little **** OP thing they can find and use the **** out of it.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think I died maybe twice from Snipers in all my matches on it so far.
    Most my deaths where from Piats and tanks.
    Perhaps I’m just lucky?
    Snipers are easy to counter. Just keep moving. Stay close to cover, and use smoke
  • Bumstag1
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I had 2 matches yet. I closed Battlefield after the second one. The Map is super inviting for Snipers on both sides. It killed my hype immediatly. Finaly a new Map, and everyone Snipes.
    I don't blame the devs for creating the map as it is, it's a very beautiful map! Personaly I believe the Sniper class has to be gone. Not in BFV, won't happen, but in future Games. The players exploit it way too hard.

Even back in BF3, loads of Servers had a Sniper Limit - for good reasons! The only good sniper is the one going with his team, using his spotting flares and spawn beacons. This of course requires the poor Sniper mains to move their lazy ****, and expose themselves to actual battle and - worst of all - they couldn't use  their beloveth one-headshot-kill sniper rifles. And to hit the head with it is really not hard.

I stopped blaming the devs. Games didn't get worse. The players did. More and more going for every little **** OP thing they can find and use the **** out of it.
    There is nothing wrong with snipers it's extremely easy to counter, today I dominated snipers at long ranges with commando carbine lol. Use smokes or get to cover, there are plenty of rocks and the map is very vertical. Maybe the problem is you running in the open field with no cover?